Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Recent Video Choppiness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I write in hopes that someone here might have and idea regarding my current predicament, I am at the moment running XBMC Babylon on a Macbook Pro with OS X 10.5.6 it has a 2.5Ghz intel core 2 duo proccesor 2gb of ram and a Geforce 8600m GT Nvidia video card.

The setup runs througH a optical cable hooked up to my onkyo receiver and a dvi to hdmi cable straight into my TV a 42" panasonic EDTV, this setup has been working for the past couple of days perfectly with XBMC using Aeon Auriga and now my videos show lines as if the image was being split into thirds and the middle third is moved around, before this I've been using plex without any problems the anomally occurs both in 720 and 1080 resolution.

Forgot to add this mainly occurs during fast movements say the camera pans from one side to the other. I'd like to think interlacing is to blame but its been working just peachy until today and the setup hasn't changed only difference is i downloaded some new media flags for auriga and i ran some movies through media info plus but the problem isn't just with those movies.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Dark
DarkS29 Wrote:I write in hopes that someone here might have and idea regarding my current predicament, I am at the moment running XBMC Babylon on a Macbook Pro with OS X 10.5.6 it has a 2.5Ghz intel core 2 duo proccesor 2gb of ram and a Geforce 8600m GT Nvidia video card.

The setup runs througH a optical cable hooked up to my onkyo receiver and a dvi to hdmi cable straight into my TV a 42" panasonic EDTV, this setup has been working for the past couple of days perfectly with XBMC using Aeon Auriga and now my videos show lines as if the image was being split into thirds and the middle third is moved around, before this I've been using plex without any problems the anomally occurs both in 720 and 1080 resolution.

Forgot to add this mainly occurs during fast movements say the camera pans from one side to the other. I'd like to think interlacing is to blame but its been working just peachy until today and the setup hasn't changed only difference is i downloaded some new media flags for auriga and i ran some movies through media info plus but the problem isn't just with those movies.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Dark

is "vsync always" enabled?

other than that, pastebin xbmc.log
Appreciate the speedy response davilla checked the vsync option it was but its always been like that without any noticeable issues arising, turned it off anyways still no joy unfortunately im including the debug log see if it helps with the diagnosis. http://pastebin.com/f63b1cda8

Just want to point out hte system is currently at 1280x720 however running it at 1080 would be preferable if at all possible not that i think any difference would be noticeable on a mere EDTV but its on its way out if at all possible anyways.

Once again thanks in advance,
Dark
DarkS29 Wrote:Appreciate the speedy response davilla checked the vsync option it was but its always been like that without any noticeable issues arising, turned it off anyways still no joy unfortunately im including the debug log see if it helps with the diagnosis. http://pastebin.com/f63b1cda8

Just want to point out hte system is currently at 1280x720 however running it at 1080 would be preferable if at all possible not that i think any difference would be noticeable on a mere EDTV but its on its way out if at all possible anyways.

Once again thanks in advance,
Dark

can you change to the pm3.hd skin and pastenbin a fresh xbmc.log from startup using pm3.hd. Your existing skin has a bazillion errors that is spewing into the log file. startup xbmc with pm3.hd skin, play the video for a few mins and verify the artifacts, then quit.
Ok just did what you requested heres the log http://pastebin.com/f2231a8bd appreciate the help.

Dark
Btw do you think i should do a fresh install of aeon auriga even though i havent been getting any noticeable problems due to it?
DarkS29 Wrote:Ok just did what you requested heres the log http://pastebin.com/f2231a8bd appreciate the help.

Dark

thanks, I see this in the log

Quote:GL: Shaders support not present, falling back to SW mode

what do you have the render set to ?
"what do you have the render set to ?"
It was set at software, i ran i've also just tried with auto-detect and still got the tearing i'm attaching the log for that try just in case you can see a difference. http://pastebin.com/f46bae4b8

Dark
DarkS29 Wrote:"what do you have the render set to ?"
It was set at software, i ran i've also just tried with auto-detect and still got the tearing i'm attaching the log for that try just in case you can see a difference. http://pastebin.com/f46bae4b8

Dark

despite all the warnings, the log is pretty clean. no indication that the render is struggling.

if 'vsync always" is on, sw upscaler is off, and on auto detect for render, not a clue. you might nuke the xbmc user prefs and start clean. remember to pull out your added skins first.
Well I've just taken it out for another spin redid all the settings (Without doing a clean install just rotated them around to get to the same setting) and it works. For some mind boggling reason don't ask me why or how i can only assume at some point something you told me to do kicked some sense into it so now I'm running with auriga no problems.

Anyways appreciate the help and prompt responses,
Dark
DarkS29 Wrote:Well I've just taken it out for another spin redid all the settings (Without doing a clean install just rotated them around to get to the same setting) and it works. For some mind boggling reason don't ask me why or how i can only assume at some point something you told me to do kicked some sense into it so now I'm running with auriga no problems.

Anyways appreciate the help and prompt responses,
Dark

great works now Smile

That means we have some gooffyness in the logic that will get hunted down and killed.