Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is anybody else having issues with beta 1 and iplayer?

On mine the stream loads and audio plus but the video freezes on the first frame and only a reboot can get out
What are the buffer settings in this plugin about? Will changing them to some other values make the streams more reliable? At the moment i am getting a lot of "buffering" even though i have selected H.264 400kbps. This is probably due to my bad internet connection, but i still am wondering if i could make some other changes to the plugin that will make the stream function properly.
tdw197 Wrote:Is anybody else having issues with beta 1 and iplayer?

On mine the stream loads and audio plus but the video freezes on the first frame and only a reboot can get out

I also have problems with this iPlayer plugin when running Eden Beta 1 with the Xeebo skin under a clean install of Win 7 64-bit.

I am able to browse the channels and videos, but when I press to play a video nothing at al happens (no black screen, no buffering/loading icon, etc...) XBMC
simply locks up and I have to ALT-CTRL-DEL to the task manager and end the XBMC process.

I have one of the most recent Win32 Nightlies (Eden Pre) on another Win 7 machine and this iPlayer plugin working fantastically on that!

Anyone else having the same problems or have any ideas for a solution? I haven't got time atm to go through the plugin code myself, too much uni work to get finished. Oo

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the solution to my problem. I have the default action for selecting a video set to "Show Info" in XBMC instead of the default "Play" action... pressing the play button rather than the ok/select button on my remote (to play the file without opening the show info page) fixes my freeze problem. Yay! Wink
@flexage
Are you able to watch live?
I was able to get the on demand stuff to work thanks to your trick. But not the live streams.
@scottra
Hey, I hadn't tried the live streams since I would usually watch live BBC channels on my Sky HD box (uk satellite tv) but I went ahead and tried the watching the live streams from iplayer.
I'm sorry to say that it also didn't work for me, and in my opinion it may be something to do with how this plugin is handling the live stream... from a coding standpoint there may be a few little differences needed to handle live streams rather than the on demand streams so maybe the developer could look into this... that being said, I really haven't looked into the technicalities of this so I may be way off the mark.
Hopefully Hitcher may be able to find a few moments spare at some point (it's hard for all of us to find time to code away from work) and may be able to figure out a fix Wink
tdw197 Wrote:Is anybody else having issues with beta 1 and iplayer?

Yup -- same problem with me since beta build... about a third of the time, playing a recoeded stream gives me audio but no video (I still see the XBMC iPlayer interface) and I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL to stop it.
flexage Wrote:@scottra
Hey, I hadn't tried the live streams since I would usually watch live BBC channels on my Sky HD box (uk satellite tv) but I went ahead and tried the watching the live streams from iplayer.
I'm sorry to say that it also didn't work for me, and in my opinion it may be something to do with how this plugin is handling the live stream... from a coding standpoint there may be a few little differences needed to handle live streams rather than the on demand streams so maybe the developer could look into this... that being said, I really haven't looked into the technicalities of this so I may be way off the mark.
Hopefully Hitcher may be able to find a few moments spare at some point (it's hard for all of us to find time to code away from work) and may be able to figure out a fix Wink

Live streaming from iplayer has always been quite poor. Try using the tvcatchuplugin instead, the quality is much better.
I am running both an apple tv 1 and 2. Both see the same issue.
It would appear unable to retrieve the feeds.

From the log (Library/Logs/xbmc.log) I see.
http://pastebin.com/87HwRf8H
Actually sometimes I can see the feeds, seems there is something wrong with the httpget, which just times out.
Added a loop to the httpget in my case does seem to help, also disabled the feed error.
Perhaps it is useful for others
"plugin.video.iplayer/lib/iplayer2.py"

http://pastebin.com/hUNCRWGm
The problem I get with beta 1 is that frequently the audio is not synced properly - never saw this with pre-Eden
there is probably a lot of code that needs cleaning/updating for Eden.

saying that its working well for me.
Has anyone else got problems with live BBC1 - sound out of sync?

Seems to be only BBC1 that's affected.
After hours of experimentation ... I'm confident that there's a problem with only the live BBC1 stream - sound is out of sync and the video is slightly stuttery. None of the other BBC streams show this behaviour.

There is no problem playing BBC1 via the 'real' iPlayer in Opera or Firefox.

Comments?
The BBC1 issue continues.

Last night, BBC1 played perfectly without any desync.

Today, the desync has returned.

I checked the stream details for BBC1 vs BBC News - there were significant differences - I don't know how to capture the stream info displayed by o key.

So here's the relevant section from the xbmc log:

http://pastebin.com/BbLUbhHs

I hope someone can shed light on this issue.

Thanks

ps: this issue occurs on 2 separate PCs - Eden beta 1 and/or pre-Eden.