Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-07-02, 13:07)epatrickt Wrote: [ -> ]Buncle thanks for that. I tried selecting the specific streams to no avail at first and then tried again a couple of days later - a reboot in between - to find that with Akamai selected, I can now get iplayer to play live and radio but not any of the recorded material. I can play the nasa tv add-on so I guess the streaming is working and iplayer is happy that I am in the UK (which I am).

Any ideas on the last hurdle please?

Thanks!

Does iPlayer work okay if you try from a browser on a computer/laptop on the same network? That would be my first test.

Secondly, if it is only xmbc having problems, try turning on debug logging (from Settings > System > Debugging), trying an iPlayer stream, then examining and/or posting the relevant portion of your xmbc.log file. Hopefully there might be something in there to indicate where the problem lies.
(2012-07-03, 01:11)buncle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-02, 13:07)epatrickt Wrote: [ -> ]Buncle thanks for that. I tried selecting the specific streams to no avail at first and then tried again a couple of days later - a reboot in between - to find that with Akamai selected, I can now get iplayer to play live and radio but not any of the recorded material. I can play the nasa tv add-on so I guess the streaming is working and iplayer is happy that I am in the UK (which I am).

Thanks!

Does iPlayer work okay if you try from a browser on a computer/laptop on the same network? That would be my first test.

Secondly, if it is only xmbc having problems, try turning on debug logging (from Settings > System > Debugging), trying an iPlayer stream, then examining and/or posting the relevant portion of your xmbc.log file. Hopefully there might be something in there to indicate where the problem lies.

Buncle, thanks. Yes iplayer does work from other macs on the network. Will have a go at posting the logfile. Thanks

Thanks!

Here is the log file: http://pastebin.com/Qes44Snp

I see some error reports in there but am not sure what they are telling me, or how it can be resolved though! I think line 204 might be a good place to look as it shows, I think, the player trying to run a programme and shows various errors before giving up.

Thanks
I've been using the iPlayer plugin on my ATV2 successfully for 18 months now. I am running xbmc eden.

However, in the last week or so, iplayer streams seems to have stopped working. I get the listings displayed, but the streams do not play at all.

Using iplayer plugin 2.4.17. I have checked that I can play the same video on my desktop, on the same network. Other streams (youtube, TED etc) work fine on xbmc.

Logs here: http://pastebin.com/U54Uur4w

Any ideas please? Thanks!
I second this - my live streams work for about two minutes, then the whole thing freezes. Sometimes it shows a little "buffering" sign before the freeze. Streaming live iplayer from a browser otherwise works just fine on the same machine. Once the freeze has occured I need to restart my machine as it's completely unresponsive.
(2012-07-12, 01:43)dominicrice Wrote: [ -> ]I second this - my live streams work for about two minutes, then the whole thing freezes. Sometimes it shows a little "buffering" sign before the freeze. Streaming live iplayer from a browser otherwise works just fine on the same machine. Once the freeze has occured I need to restart my machine as it's completely unresponsive.

Its exactly the same for me on both my Windows 7 machines (one is 32bit and one 64bit), I don't have to restart the machine but I do have to close down XBMC with the task manager.

is BBC HD working with the 2.4.17 release? It always streams in SD for me and there is no option to select the H264 2800kb stream - the 3200 stream remains and selecting the 1500kb stream also doesn't work.
(2012-07-14, 01:28)xbmcscot Wrote: [ -> ]is BBC HD working with the 2.4.17 release? It always streams in SD for me and there is no option to select the H264 2800kb stream - the 3200 stream remains and selecting the 1500kb stream also doesn't work.

turn on debugging in the addon settings (note - dont need debugging on in xbmc this time), set quality to auto, and play an hd stream, then post the xbmc log
(2012-07-14, 23:02)exobuzz Wrote: [ -> ]turn on debugging in the addon settings (note - dont need debugging on in xbmc this time), set quality to auto, and play an hd stream, then post the xbmc log

Where do I get the XBMC from? I'm running Ubuntu.

Many thanks

Here is my log: http://pastebin.com/Cbs9LKrG

Reminder of problem: All live streams (except it seems BBC parliametn) freeze and cause teh UI to hang after a few minutes.

Thanks in advance!
Apologies, this is the correct log: http://pastebin.com/A7t2y8X3

I really hope someone is able to figure this out!
I'm having the same issue - freezes on live streaming TV after a minute or two. Watching on demand listening to live radio still works fine though. (2.4.16, Ubuntu 12.04, Eden)

Awesome, awesome plugin though, it has changed the way we watch TV in our house.
This error seems to be a common one (see: http://mellowd.co.uk/ccie/?tag=xbmc) , and not just with iplayer but with Live TV streaming in general, although some channels (like BBC Parliament) don't cause the problem...really weird!

Would it be possible to use VLC instead of DVDPlayer with XBMC+Iplayer live streams?
(2012-06-18, 19:10)hbunting Wrote: [ -> ][quote='dmcx' pid='1123210' dateline='1339196543']

Try changing the "Stream source preference" to "Limelight" under the Streams tab in the iPlayer settings. I had some problems like this before and
changing that seems to have fixed it for me.

That fixed the problem.Thank you.
(2012-07-03, 22:27)epatrickt Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks!

Here is the log file: http://pastebin.com/Qes44Snp

I see some error reports in there but am not sure what they are telling me, or how it can be resolved though! I think line 204 might be a good place to look as it shows, I think, the player trying to run a programme and shows various errors before giving up.

Thanks

Don't suppose anyone has an idea on my problem please? Live plays but all iplayer streams buffer and then stop. The log is in the pastebin link above. Can't wok it out. Thanks