Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
aircub Wrote:I have added your latest Iplayer HD plugin and the audio is out of sync, it appears that my video is slightly slow but the audio is running at the correct speed, so eventually the video is way out of sync.

any ideas.?

Yes. I had the same problem with my Acer Revo 3600 1GB, Atom 230. This was with Ubuntu 9.04 and IPlayer plugin from the 2009-10-24.

First I though it was a performance issue since the player was dropping frames and the CPU was at 100%. So I upgraded to 2GB ram and set the video memory to 512MB in the BIOS. This did not make any difference whatsoever.

Funny thing was that playing h.264 1080p videos from file (with much higher bit-rates) worked fine. So I decided that the player must be the problem and upgraded to Ubuntu 9.10 with xbmc 9.11~alpha1-karmic1. This solved all my problems. BBC iplayer has now smooth playback, the audio is in sync and CPU is at 15%.
I'm still getting lockups when finishing iPlayer videos. I've tried a couple of interim builds and have now installed alpha 2 and it's no better. Maybe it's a driver thing? (thought: might try the same test on my Mac). I've now set up an Eventghost Taskkill macro to nuke XBMC when it happens, but it'd be nice to know what's causing it. Thanks for your help thus far.
Dan13l Wrote:I'm still getting lockups when finishing iPlayer videos. I've tried a couple of interim builds and have now installed alpha 2 and it's no better. Maybe it's a driver thing? (thought: might try the same test on my Mac). I've now set up an Eventghost Taskkill macro to nuke XBMC when it happens, but it'd be nice to know what's causing it. Thanks for your help thus far.

can you supply a debug log?
dink Wrote:can you supply a debug log?

Yep, I'll grab one and upload it.

Just tried the same program on the Mac and it's fine - alpha 2, same iPlayer version. So it's something different between Windows and the Mac.

Hmm...wonder if it's worth trying the OpenGL windows build to see if it still craps out.

Will report back later.
I've just tested this again and generated a couple of log files.

For the first, I left XBMC hung for a little while before killing the task.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/250934/xbmc%20-%20pause.log

The second, I killed it almost immediately (I waited five seconds after the hang).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/250934/xbmc%20-%...0pause.log

Looking at the logs, it seems like it goes into a loop at the end of the video. The pause log is much bigger than the immediate one, and the same block of log repeats over and over.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to test.

Cheers.
Hello, I installed iplayer V2 onto my apple tv with the latest Alpha2 release of XBMC. I have the same set up on my mac mini to which it works perfectly however on the ATV it simple states no programmes found please try again later, or script failed, depending on how it feels.
Do you still have this problem with the very latest SVN build?

Dan13l Wrote:I've just tested this again and generated a couple of log files.

For the first, I left XBMC hung for a little while before killing the task.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/250934/xbmc%20-%20pause.log

The second, I killed it almost immediately (I waited five seconds after the hang).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/250934/xbmc%20-%...0pause.log

Looking at the logs, it seems like it goes into a loop at the end of the video. The pause log is much bigger than the immediate one, and the same block of log repeats over and over.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to test.

Cheers.
garyi Wrote:Hello, I installed iplayer V2 onto my apple tv with the latest Alpha2 release of XBMC. I have the same set up on my mac mini to which it works perfectly however on the ATV it simple states no programmes found please try again later, or script failed, depending on how it feels.

I would guess that it's a network issue such as DNS or some such. First thing I would suggest is to check if other network streams function. Next would be check the xbmc.log file for errors. If you post it I will have a look.

Cheers
Dink
iplayer is currently off line for maintanance.
First thank you for this great plugin.

I have a few questions on the UI:

1)To remove clutter is it possible to remove "BBC1, BBC2 ect." icons from all but the first multi-choice screen?

2) After selecting a video there is no visual feedback confirming that the selection was successful. Sometime I am not sure if XBMC receivesd the commandI select the video again. This provokes multiple reloading of the same stream and a lot of delay. Is it possible to prevent this from happening?

Cheers
To answer question 2 first. It appears the underlying problem is that under Linux there is some kind of multi second delay for each httplib2 request. I will look into this.

Can you explain a bit more about your requirement to optionally remove "non primary" stations from the Popular & Highlights lists. The reason is that I have already sought to removing the impact of having additional stations which may not be of any local interest by listing the stations by audience size. National, then regional, then local. You only get to see the additional stations if you scroll down.

Cheers
Dink

Kaaino Wrote:First thank you for this great plugin.

I have a few questions on the UI:

1)To remove clutter is it possible to remove "BBC1, BBC2 ect." icons from all but the first multi-choice screen?

2) After selecting a video there is no visual feedback confirming that the selection was successful. Sometime I am not sure if XBMC receivesd the commandI select the video again. This provokes multiple reloading of the same stream and a lot of delay. Is it possible to prevent this from happening?

Cheers
I've noticed 2) also, but it's a fairly recent thing, possibly since the renderer/UI changes. Its very annoying however.
dink Wrote:Do you still have this problem with the very latest SVN build?

Somehow, randomly, I grabbed an SVN build and installed the other day and things started working. This didn't make sense, because the build claimed to be one I'd already tried, and I didn't understand why it started working.

When I spotted Beta 1 last night, I thought "great, that should include the fix, I'll update". I uninstalled all the svn revisions, threw on a clean install of Beta 1...and it didn't work. The log file looked the same.

Determined to work it through, I tried various combinations of install (portable mode, versus roaming mode), running as administrator (windows 7) etc. Nothing worked.

As a last ditch effort, I updated my ATI drivers from 9.8 to the latest 9.11 release...AND IT WORKS! At this point iPlayer went down for maintenance, so I've not been able to run more than a couple of videos yet, but I managed two cbeebies bedtime stories (shortest thing I could think to play) without a hang.

My current suspicion is I inadvertently grabbed an SVN build I'd already tried, but the OpenGL build, as opposed to DirectX. I think that's why it briefly worked, and then didn't, and why updating the ATI drivers and using the latest beta worked.

I'll do some more testing later and report back if I have the problem again, but it looks promising.
Spoke too soon: it's locking up again. Although I've had it crash XBMC after a couple of minutes now instead of freezing indefinitely. I've also had XBMC go crazy and start popping up script failure messages after a brief freeze.

I'll try an svn version an an OpenGL build.
dink Wrote:Can you explain a bit more about your requirement to optionally remove "non primary" stations from the Popular & Highlights lists. The reason is that I have already sought to removing the impact of having additional stations which may not be of any local interest by listing the stations by audience size. National, then regional, then local. You only get to see the additional stations if you scroll down.

Ok I can see the point, then please disregard my comment.