Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know how many people use the add on the to stream radio show catch up, but there seems to be quite a problem:

When you find a show and select it to start playing, it plays a few seconds of the audio preceding the start of the show, and then drops back to the UI. It then starts to play what I presume is the start of the actual show, but won't start. A note beside the entry then shows (resumeable), but nothing is playing.

When you listen to one of the these catch up shows on iPlayer (eg on android) you will hear the few seconds tail-end of the previous show/audio before your selected show begibs . I don't know why they do it that way but they do.

Debug Log
i've just installed the addon to watch the highlights of the rugby. When i play a video i get the on screen message box saying "opening stream" and that its at 80%. this message stays on screen and the video plays in the background.
(2013-12-01, 00:55)nabberuk Wrote: [ -> ]i've just installed the addon to watch the highlights of the rugby. When i play a video i get the on screen message box saying "opening stream" and that its at 80%. this message stays on screen and the video plays in the background.

Try what jackyaz suggested only a few posts before yours Rolleyes
(2013-12-01, 10:39)hasselhof Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-01, 00:55)nabberuk Wrote: [ -> ]i've just installed the addon to watch the highlights of the rugby. When i play a video i get the on screen message box saying "opening stream" and that its at 80%. this message stays on screen and the video plays in the background.

Try what jackyaz suggested only a few posts before yours Rolleyes

That maybe a fix for the iplayer, but then it breaks the movies/tv shows by not allowing you to see the info pain before playing.
Do we think this add on is abandonware now?
Why? It still works.
I find it pretty buggy and it only works some of the time. Seems like a long time since it was updated. Just wondered whether it was actively being developed
Check the svn?
(2013-12-03, 22:08)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Why? It still works.

For you maybe. For many others including myself it does not.

(2013-12-05, 06:34)exobuzz Wrote: [ -> ]Check the svn?

Where?
If you need to ask, then I should think it will be of little use to you.
(2013-12-10, 23:31)exobuzz Wrote: [ -> ]If you need to ask, then I should think it will be of little use to you.

If you say so...

BTW thanks for being so helpful.
Because I don't even think you have tried to look.

Considering the project site is linked from the very first post on this thread, and is the very first result on google for the search terms "iplayerv2 svn" or even just "iplayerv2" or the second link searching for "iplayer svn" it seems silly that I should have to link it here again.. I like the idea that people actually TRY to help themselves first Smile It is usually helpful to look at the first post of a thread...
(2013-12-11, 01:40)exobuzz Wrote: [ -> ]Because I don't even think you have tried to look.

Considering the project site is linked from the very first post on this thread, and is the very first result on google for the search terms "iplayerv2 svn" or even just "iplayerv2" or the second link searching for "iplayer svn" it seems silly that I should have to link it here again.. I like the idea that people actually TRY to help themselves first Smile It is usually helpful to look at the first post of a thread...

Except the search term that's more likely to be used to find this plugin is "xbmc iplayer" for which the first result is this page on the XBMC Wiki which gives a download link from Hitcher's Repo, which if you check is a dead link.

A dead download link on your Wiki page plus a last update of June 2013 (and an update date before that of 2012) does seen indicative of a dead project!
That wiki page links to the project page also. Last update in June means it's dead. OK. Feel free not to use it.

And that isn't our wiki page. It's xbmc's.
A google search for xbmc+iplayer+svn mostly returns references to versions of XBMC required to run the add-on, and not a link to the relevant subversion / google code pages - hence my question. I had to dig around to find it. A simple link on your part would have have helped greatly instead of the snide remark you offerd up.