Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you so much dlake02 and exobuzz, on the couple of programs I've tried this now seems to be working perfectly for me Smile
One more update before bed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_knGio...sp=sharing

* added "latest" feeds for tv and radio
* moved radio "categories","popular","highlights" etc out of national
as they return data for all stations, not just national
* fixed up some non playing local radio streams due to codec / bitrate changes
* added S4C channel
So we were all giving the eulogies to iPlayer, when, like it only happens in Hollywood, it came back to life!
Thank you so much exobuzz.
YW. I got carried away Smile

I've just realised we need some new icons for some of the new functionality. Anyone fancy putting some together ?

For the "Latest" I was thinking a white clock on transparent background ? Or a newspaper or something ? would need to match the style of the other feed icons like. I found some suitable ones via google that seemed to have a compatible licence at least.

For "BBC Web Only" and "S4C" we need icons that match the other channel icons (solid background with the channel branding on it). For web only I have a plain bbc logo on a white background that could be used (it is a fallback icon I created for when some are missing - for the next release).

I've added the clock icon to svn for the latest feed - it is better than nothing and will do for now, but can be replaced if anyone has something better.

https://xbmc-iplayerv2.googlecode.com/sv...latest.png
(source - http://www.iconsdb.com/white-icons/clock-icon.html)
and just because a few things were annoying me.

* added fallback icon for channels that miss one
* added icon for latest
* fixed wrong icons for featured feeds in radio root

(I may have introduced more problems of course, due to tiredness).
(2014-11-07, 08:52)exobuzz Wrote: [ -> ]and just because a few things were annoying me.

* added fallback icon for channels that miss one
* added icon for latest
* fixed wrong icons for featured feeds in radio root

(I may have introduced more problems of course, due to tiredness).

Looks good exo, just been testing 2.6.3 haven't found any tiredness bugs so far - thanks for working on this and making progress.
I have a complaint! Smile

Why can't I show my appreciation for this indispensable addon in a tangible way, say the price of a round of beer?

I'm sure I'm not alone in regretting that.
Great work!

I noticed some content appears on the xunity version and not this one. I did a search for 'sacred' and the xunity version lists 7 items including 'Sacred Rivers with Simon Reeve' while this version can't find it and only lists 5 items.

Is there a repo for this addon?
Thank you exodus.
Great job.
Now that BBC have changed the streams to f4m to may be worth looking at Jonc's MX BBC add-on at hub,
which with the help of Sharni's f4m proxy has been playing these streams perfectly for some months now.
Why oh why isn't it possible for me to download links to Google Drive hosted files using Google Chrome on my Google Android phone ? I just get a list of files with no download link. Why do I have to bring a "real" computer out of standby to update my XBMC ?

You don't have to answer that, I just needed to get it out. Sorry
Hi Exo,

First, please keep in mind that I'm ecstatic about the work you've done, and none of what is missing (for me) bothers me in any way at all.
However, I have now installed v2.6.3 and I still get the "script failed" message when I select "Categories" (everything else works fine).
You asked me for a log, but, initially, I thought I'd paste in just the relevant section (what was generated when I selected "Categories"), to see if that helps at all. I "think", from the rest of my log entries, that I'm using Python 2.6 (any help to update to 2.7 appreciated).
Pasting device and version details first:

10:52:35 T:1668400584 NOTICE: Starting XBMC (13.0-RC1 Git:20140427-2372235). Platform: ARM Android 32-bit
10:52:35 T:1668400584 NOTICE: Using Debug XBMC x32 build, compiled Apr 27 2014 by GCC 4.8.0 for ARM Android 32-bit API level 14
10:52:35 T:1668400584 NOTICE: Running on Android 32-bit API level 16 (Android, 3.1.10-g780994a armv7l)
10:52:35 T:1668400584 NOTICE: Host CPU: ARMv7 Processor rev 9 (v7l), 4 cores available
10:52:35 T:1668400584 NOTICE: Product: ouya_1_1, Device: ouya_1_1, Board: unknown - Manufacturer: OUYA, Brand: OUYA, Model: OUYA Console, Hardware: cardhu
10:52:35 T:1668400584 NOTICE: ARM Features: Neon enabled

ERROR:

10:53:32 T:1730667944 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(30, /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.iplayer/default.py): entering source directory /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.iplayer
10:53:32 T:1730667944 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(30, /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.iplayer/default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.video.iplayer" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
10:53:32 T:1668400584 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
10:53:32 T:1668400584 DEBUG: Window DialogBusy.xml was already loaded
10:53:32 T:1668400584 DEBUG: Alloc resources: 0.01m
10:53:33 T:1730667944 INFO: plugin.video.iplayer: Version: 2.6.3
10:53:33 T:1730667944 INFO: plugin.video.iplayer: Subtitles dir: /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.iplayer/Subtitles
10:53:33 T:1730667944 INFO: plugin.video.iplayer: (None, 'categories', None, 'tv', None, None, None, None, None, None, None, None, None, None)
10:53:33 T:1730667944 INFO: plugin.video.iplayer: URL Fetch took 0.10 sec for http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/ion/categor...format/xml
10:53:34 T:1730667944 NOTICE: Traceback (most recent call last):
10:53:34 T:1730667944 NOTICE: File "/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.iplayer/default.py", line 1019, in <module>
10:53:34 T:1730667944 NOTICE: list_categories(tvradio, feed)
10:53:34 T:1730667944 NOTICE: File "/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.iplayer/default.py", line 404, in list_categories
10:53:34 T:1730667944 NOTICE: for label, category in feed.categories():
10:53:34 T:1730667944 NOTICE: File "/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.iplayer/lib/iplayer2.py", line 1053, in categories
10:53:34 T:1730667944 NOTICE: for category in root.iter('category'):
10:53:34 T:1730667944 NOTICE: AttributeError: _ElementInterface instance has no attribute 'iter'
10:53:34 T:1730667944 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: _ElementInterface instance has no attribute 'iter'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.iplayer/default.py", line 1019, in <module>
list_categories(tvradio, feed)
File "/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.iplayer/default.py", line 404, in list_categories
for label, category in feed.categories():
File "/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.iplayer/lib/iplayer2.py", line 1053, in categories
for category in root.iter('category'):
AttributeError: _ElementInterface instance has no attribute 'iter'
-->End of Python script error report<--

Hope I haven't "boobed" by pasting in here as opposed to uploading a full log, and hope it helps any debugging efforts. I could care less whether Categories work or not, though, and I second the complaint about not having an easy way to provide due thanks/reward for your work.
It would be better to post a full log on xbmclogs.com
It's another case of me using a Python feature you don't have. unfortunately the documentation I was looking at didn't state it was a 2.7 only feature. I see in another documentation (from the same official site) that it states 2.7. confusing.

I'm likely switching over to JSON from xml parsing so if I don't come up with a workaround it should work once that it done. maybe I can force xbmc to use an older python on my system for testing.
@ exobuzz

I've made some more icons; removed the Alaska folder as that's not used anymore; swapped the white images for solid ones as they're not needed either; bumped the version to 2.6.4 and pushed it to my repo. Hope that's ok.

(2014-11-07, 12:07)torenvalk Wrote: [ -> ]Great work!

I noticed some content appears on the xunity version and not this one. I did a search for 'sacred' and the xunity version lists 7 items including 'Sacred Rivers with Simon Reeve' while this version can't find it and only lists 5 items.

Is there a repo for this addon?

they scrape the website - we use an api. it might be missing from the api (for whatever reason).

hitcher has a repo for it.

(2014-11-07, 13:41)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]@ exobuzz

I've made some more icons; removed the Alaska folder as that's not used anymore; swapped the white images for solid ones as they're not needed either; bumped the version to 2.6.4 and pushed it to my repo. Hope that's ok.

appreciate you making icons, but please contribute stuff back to the project site and don't fiddle with the version numbers as it means now I have to jump again two versions with the next release.
Hmmm, don't know enough about this stuff, but I edited, in my iplayer2.py file, and changed root.iter to root.findall.
Now, when I select "Categories" it no longer produces the script failed error, instead, it displays as "working" takes a wee while, and then displays the results page which is, sadly, empty (well, just the 2 dots).
Will stop fiddling now in expectation of a possible conversion to the JSON implementation anyway, as, again, not bothered in the slightest about the "categories" function.

Thanks again for all your work!

(see my next post, I now have it working)