Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry Sorted now - Programs/Program Plug ins/SVN Repo Installer/XBMC-Addons/Plugins/Video (or whatever).
Cheers
Davidja Wrote:NOw I cant find it again - can someone tell me how you add TV via SVN. Thanks

Have a look at this tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4l_nVqN0...re=related
Hi Folks

Latest greatest release to be found at http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/

• New Icon set from b_balthasar
  • Bug fix for Video = Auto setting. Default fixed to H.264 800
  • Support for per skin icons
  • Option to output more debug info
This release rolls up recent changes made in test releases
  • Optimization to use cached thumbnails rather than download again.
  • The progress dialog displayed when play is pressed is now optional. Switching this off under Linux can speed up video start.
  • htmllib2 library use now optional - Enables plugin to workaround problem on Snow Leopard where one of the htmllib2 dependicies isn't available.
  • Beautifulsoup xml parser replaced by Elementtree
  • Other optimizations to help reduce video start time.
Please be aware that there is still an outstanding issue under Linux where recent builds randomly start video playback very slowly. This has been reported under the following ticket http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7439

I will update SVN later if no one finds any issues.

Cheers
Dink
Works well, no issues
Thanks Dlink - much appreciated - works great! Laugh
Thanks Dink for the update.

Only issue I have found on my ATV is that the "live" section comes up with a script error. OK on the old version.
dgilbert2 Wrote:Thanks Dink for the update.

Only issue I have found on my ATV is that the "live" section comes up with a script error. OK on the old version.

Can you post a log please

Cheers
Dink
dgilbert2 Wrote:Thanks Dink for the update.

Anyone else with an ATV experiencing this problem?

Cheers
Dink
dink Wrote:Can you post a log please

Cheers
Dink

Looking at the log it appears to be a problem with that release of XBMC on ATV playing mms:// streams. Can you try using a different release. I would suggest using an older release as the current SVN seems a bit too experimental for general usage.

Cheers
Dink
Pardon the bonehead question but does the H264 entry in the recent release log mean this is now safe with VDPAU (I'm using a revo under ubunto karmic)

If so I'll update it but if I break iplayer i'll be dead (no iplayer = no cbbc ooglies !!!! Laugh) but I'd really like the latest version and icons update Smile

Thanks all
I'm running one of the latest GL SVN builds, but had same error with latest release candidate and this Iplayer Pluging (which is excellent otherwise Smile )

bascially first program plays perfectly

but whether you stop that program and try and play another, or select another while the old one is player

it hangs on "getting stream info" or something

XBMC log shows lots and lots and lots of - and I can' tremember exact error message will look up tomrrow but something liek waiting for frame buffer or something

like 60-70 times

its some sort of time-out and I don't understand what its waiting for

thanks for any help
edz2k9 Wrote:Pardon the bonehead question but does the H264 entry in the recent release log mean this is now safe with VDPAU (I'm using a revo under ubunto karmic)

If so I'll update it but if I break iplayer i'll be dead (no iplayer = no cbbc ooglies !!!! Laugh) but I'd really like the latest version and icons update Smile

Thanks all

The H.264 entry in the plugin release notes just details a bug fix where the default video setting used an old non flash setting that wasn't available on all streams. The same streams are being used from the IPlayer site.

If a particular video setting doesn't work on your platform just change the setting to a lower value.

If you are worried about upgrading then make a copy of the ~/.xbmc/plugins/video/IPlayer directory and restore it if your not happy.

BTW I know exactly where you are coming from with the cbbc ooglies.

Cheers
Dink
If you can put a log up on pastebin.com I'll take a look but please do be aware that recent SVN builds have been quite flaky.

Buckster Wrote:I'm running one of the latest GL SVN builds, but had same error with latest release candidate and this Iplayer Pluging (which is excellent otherwise Smile )

bascially first program plays perfectly

but whether you stop that program and try and play another, or select another while the old one is player

it hangs on "getting stream info" or something

XBMC log shows lots and lots and lots of - and I can' tremember exact error message will look up tomrrow but something liek waiting for frame buffer or something

like 60-70 times

its some sort of time-out and I don't understand what its waiting for

thanks for any help
Hitcher Wrote:Same error here.

http://pastebin.com/m30ee04bb

Quote:ERROR: CThread:ConfusedtaticThread : Access violation at 0x1e080ca5: Reading location 0x0611e624

Looks like XBMC has thrown a wobbly. Can you try a later version?

Cheers
Dink