Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, done all that. when clicked the word "running" briefly appears and dissapears. iplayer still does nothing when clip is selected,

I named script mike.py and gave permissions 755 and it contains the following lines:

import os
os.system('get_iplayer.cgi --port=1935 --get_iplayer=/usr/bin/get_iplayer')

get_iplayer.cgi is in the /home/xbmc folder, and i have also copied it to the /home/xbmc/.xbmc folder.

Can you think of anything else please?

i am running xbmc 9.11 r26018 installed from live cd.

Thanks
Mike
MatcherMike Wrote:I named script mike.py and gave permissions 755

does the file need to be executable?

sudo chmod a+x /path/to/file

on my ubuntu box i have to define the whole path to the script like this:
Code:
import os
os.system('/home/server/get_iplayer.cgi --port=1935 --get_iplayer=/usr/bin/get_iplayer')
On another note...

After some extensive messing around and a few nights of banging my head against the wall, i have come to the conclusion that I am unable to make the get_iplayer script to work in windows :'(

i found another link to a host with the latest release, but in the readme it says about running on windows requiring linuxcentre.com, and as we know this isn't working anymore!!

i did find out that it is a perl script so *should* be cross platform but i encountered the following when trying to run from cmd:

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>perl C:\get_iplayer.cgi --port=1935 --get_iplayer=C:\get_iplayer
DEBUG: Command: "C:\get_iplayer" --nopurge --nocopyright --listplugins
'"C:\get_iplayer"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
INFO: Listening on 0.0.0.0:1935
WARNING: Insecure Remote access is allowed, use --listen=127.0.0.1 to limit to this host only
Terminating on signal SIGINT(2)

i don't even use xbmc on windows.... so i'm giving up on this one i'm afraid...
Thanks Gobbledigook! Is there not anybody here who can provide us with a copy of get_iplayer installer for windows?
MatcherMike Wrote:Ok, done all that. when clicked the word "running" briefly appears and dissapears. iplayer still does nothing when clip is selected,

I named script mike.py and gave permissions 755 and it contains the following lines:

import os
os.system('get_iplayer.cgi --port=1935 --get_iplayer=/usr/bin/get_iplayer')

get_iplayer.cgi is in the /home/xbmc folder, and i have also copied it to the /home/xbmc/.xbmc folder.

Can you think of anything else please?

i am running xbmc 9.11 r26018 installed from live cd.

Thanks
Mike

Stange.

Thats how I discovered you could launch the command in xbmc ( from the scripts ) then went down the route of starting it automatically.

The file doesn't have to be executable, I created mine in windows notepad then FTP`d it over to the appropriate folder. didn't do anything else to it.

I'm also running an install from the live cd 9.11 final, You can try the putting in the full path like suggested above, it cant hurt to try.
Hi Guys,

Trying to follows Gobildegooks guide on Post #333

1) I think the get_iplayer.cgi from Nakedgeek has been removed.
Can someone please upload the "get_iplayer.cgi" file and link it here in this forum.

2) When executing "apt-get install get_iplayer" Ubuntu cant find it, but finds get-iplayer.
So I have installed this.. would this effect the rest of the guide?

Really wanna get this sorted (been trying for days...on and off )Confused

Thanks in advance
FreestylerNod

[Background info: XBMC 9.11 R26018 on a Minimal Install of Ubuntu, on an Acer Revo 3610]
Thanks guys - i'll keep plugging away and let you know what i find! Need to reinstall anyway as XBMC crashes out to terminal whenever i select a menu option now!

freestyler3000 Wrote:Hi Guys,

Trying to follows Gobildegooks guide on Post #333

Can someone please upload the "get_iplayer.cgi" file and link it here in this forum.

2) When executing "apt-get install get_iplayer" Ubuntu cant find it, but finds get-iplayer.
So I have installed this.. would this effect the rest of the guide?

Really wanna get this sorted (been trying for days...on and off )Confused

Thanks in advance
FreestylerNod

[Background info: XBMC 9.11 R26018 on a Minimal Install of Ubuntu, on an Acer Revo 3610]

The cgi is within the .deb - thats posted twice in this thread. See posts 341 and 348. I extracted on my pc using 7-zip to get the cgi.

I also depackaged the deb on my box via the terminal using the command dpkg -i get-iplayer-current.deb - though i can't remember off the top of my head if that was necessary. I also found i needed the following commands:

apt-get update
apt-get -f install
apt-get install libwww-perl

Hope this helps in someway. If needed i'll post the full working runthrough later once i've reinstalled xbmc.

Cheers,
Mike
freestyler3000 Wrote:Trying to follows Gobildegooks guide on Post #333

It's linked at least five times in the thread right around post #333 (along with explanations for why the Ubuntu package from the repo install is no good).
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=506...tcount=329
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=506...tcount=330
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=507...tcount=341
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=508...tcount=348
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=514...tcount=402

Here's a sixth link just in case...
http://bit.ly/cIfPDc

Have fun.
Hi Matcher Mike and Spicemuseum,
Thanks for your quick response... and firstly... DOH!!!Shocked

I had already previously downloaded the get-iplayer-current.deb file (even from S/M post's),
But didnt relise the CGI file was contained inside. (Thanks Mike)

The post from SM is so bad (for me) its funny...Rolleyes sorryEek

I will try this now...

Thanks
Freestyler

=====================================================
(Currently getting permission errors trying to execute the last bit... Will investigate further )
freestyler3000 Wrote:I had already previously downloaded the get-iplayer-current.deb file (even from S/M post's),
But didnt relise the CGI file was contained inside.
Yes, when I first did this workaround I fell into the trap of using the .deb direct from the Ubuntu repos, which doesn't have the .cgi file in it, that's why you need the "full" package from elsewhere - consequentially why I placed a load of links to it in this thread.
Windows workaround

Another member of this forum kindly provided me with the Windows installer of get_iplayer, so I have been trying to get it to work. Not surprisingly I will need some help.

I tried to follow the instruction by Schism of 2010-03-02, which I printed from the second link to Google cache on post #315, which is not there any more either. I have condensed Schism's instructions below as I have understood them:

1. Install get_iplayer windows installer to c:\Program files\get_iplayer\
2. Get the windows build of rtmpdump from http://rtmpdump.mplayer.hu and unzip the contents of rtmpdump-2.2b\ to c:\Program files\get_iplayer\
3. Create a file called "options" with this content and move this file to C:\Documents and Settings\User\.get_iplayer\
Code:
rtmptvopts --swfVfy http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/10player.swf
flvstreamer c:\program files\get_iplayer\rtmpdump
4. Add code to the XBMC iplayer plugin default.py as in post #333
5. I have added the get_player.cgi from my Linux partition
6. Start the Web PVR Manager
7. Start XBMC iPlayer

Above 3. I believe achieves the same as Schism suggests:
Code:
cd C:\Program files\get_iplayer
".\get_iplayer.cmd" --rtmptvopts "--swfVfy http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/10player.swf" --flvstreamer "c:\program files\get_iplayer\rtmpdump" --add-prefs
My problem is that get_iplayer.cmd requests a file that I don't have, get_iplayer.pl.
get_iplayer.cmd:
Code:
perl.exe get_iplayer.pl %*
in 6. the missing get_iplayer.pl is again requested in this sequence:
pvr_manager.cmd:
Code:
@echo off
start "PVR Manager Service" /min /b cmd /k .\get_iplayer.cgi.cmd
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 -w 1000 > NUL
.\pvr_manager.url
get_iplayer.cgi.cmd:
Code:
@echo off
perl.exe get_iplayer.cgi --port 1935 --listen=127.0.0.1 --ffmpeg .\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe --getiplayer .\get_iplayer.cmd
So where could I get hold of get_iplayer.pl? Tried copying get_iplayer from the Linux partition and renaming it to *.pl, but the XBMC iplayer will not start the chosen movie clip, and it gets stuck there. What to do?
hallergard Wrote:Windows workaround

Another member of this forum kindly provided me with the Windows installer of get_iplayer, so I have been trying to get it to work. Not surprisingly I will need some help.

Could I ask for a copy? Have been looking for it for a while.
Haven't watched anything off iPlayer for a couple of days, but when I came to last night I noticed it wasn't working. Most files don't start at all, a few play for a minute or so.

I use a (linux) server box running get_iplayer and a separate XB0X (with the plugin pointed at the server).

I haven't got time to de-bug now, off on an Easter break, but curious whether this arrangement has stopped working for anyone else?
Got this thing 'kind of' working... BUT...

Ok, got the CGI file from the .deb file as mentioned above.
Followed the guide about 5 times...
Reinstalled flvstreamer

1) Played ok for 2 mins with standard Plugin
2) Didnt play at all with hack applied
3) Re-installed flvstreamer = played for 2 mins (some progress)
4) Re-applied the the hack all the way through = Some play all/ some play 2 mins
5) Restarted = Didnt play at all
6) Manually applied the last line of code "get_iplayer.cgi --port=1935 --getiplayer=/usr/bin/get_iplayer " = Some play all/ some play 2 mins only
7) Created the autoexec.py placed in xbmc/scripts folder = NO SOUND (with audio error message) & some play 2 mins only
8) Removed autoexec.py = Sound OK, No Play at all
9) Manually run last line code = Some play all/ some play 2 mins

And lots more trials and testing... so it kinda works, manually running the last line of code.

Is it still working OK for others??
autoexec.py as per post #404 worked for me except I could not exit XBMC, so I went back to a script as root with autostart as per your point 6.

Don't think you have to bother with flvstreamer if you follow post #333 and use rtmpdump.