Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is the plugin known to work on maverick yet? Script fails to start at all for me:

22:05:52 T:2985286512 M:3627950080 NOTICE: DS: Starting DBUS server in Run Application aka thread
22:06:07 T:3031054224 M:3604652032 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: /XXX/.xbmc/addons/IPlayer/icon.png
22:06:18 T:2904886128 M:3606208512 WARNING: Create - Unsupported protocol(script) in script://
22:06:21 T:2890197872 M:3600240640 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
22:06:21 T:2890197872 M:3595735040 ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.Exception
22:06:21 T:2890197872 M:3595735040 ERROR: Error Contents: Could not get AddonPtr!
22:06:21 T:2890197872 M:3595735040 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/XXX.py", line 22, in ?
import addoncompat
File "/XXX.py", line 15, in ?
__addon__ = xbmcaddon.Addon(os.path.basename(os.getcwd()))
Exception: Could not get AddonPtr!
22:06:21 T:3031054224 M:3595735040 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.iplayer/
22:06:21 T:3031054224 M:3595735040 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.iplayer/) failed
22:06:21 T:2904886128 M:3595735040 WARNING: Create - Unsupported protocol(script) in script://
nunrgguy1 Wrote:Is the plugin known to work on maverick yet? Script fails to start at all for me:

You have installed it incorrectly (wrong name). Check the install instructions and install.txt alternatively you can install from hitcher's repository http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Uno...positories
exobuzz, any thoughts on this?

Hitcher Wrote:I've been thinking of asking if this could be split into two add-ons myself for a while now - iPlayer TV and iPlayer Radio.

Anyone up to it?

Would it be a major task or something someone with little python skills (ie me) could tackle?

Thanks.
What is wrong with them together as one. i mean just dont use the tv part ?

But the code is combined, with shared classes etc, so it would be some work.

[edit] with the addons system since you have music and videos i can see splitting them would fit in well. you might want to rewrite parts to do that. a lot of the code could do with some overhaul as some parts have been somewhat hacked to fix it with bbc changes etc. it might be worth starting again even, at least in part. also worth noting bbc iplayer is going to change again, so it might break everything. might be worth to wait and see what they do.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12265173
any chance of a 4OD plugin anybody? (you tube searching is too fiddly!) Wink
exobuzz Wrote:What is wrong with them together as one. i mean just dont use the tv part ?

But the code is combined, with shared classes etc, so it would be some work.

[edit] with the addons system since you have music and videos i can see splitting them would fit in well. you might want to rewrite parts to do that. a lot of the code could do with some overhaul as some parts have been somewhat hacked to fix it with bbc changes etc. it might be worth starting again even, at least in part. also worth noting bbc iplayer is going to change again, so it might break everything. might be worth to wait and see what they do.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12265173

Ok, thanks for the reply.

And yes, now addons are separated by the content they provide it just seems to make sense to have both iPlayer TV and iPlayer Radio addons. Plus the music one can use all the views available for music as opposed to only video at the moment.

EDIT: Had a quick look but it's way too complicated for me to sort out. What would be the quickest way to make it default to one or the other so I could at least set the content provided for each?
Not sure how this may affect things overall but re Radio,

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/pda/2011...e-job-cuts

Radio will be searchable through the iPlayer but will play in the new radio and music player. Archive content will start to appear in the iPlayer.

I was going to ask how easy it might be add shows which have links to archive material but it looks like things are going to be in flux so it is probably best to wait. Hopefully if the Radio is still searchable via iPlayer it shouldn't be a problem finding streams which I guess will be meant for http://www.ukradioplayer.info/
according to my trac ticket, "librtmp is now active in the repo". Could someone confirm if this fixes the iPlayer streaming problem on the ATV2?
No it does not. I've just installed XBMC as per the Wiki and the iPlayer addon. When I start iPlayer I get a warning that the version of XBMC is old and it might not work. When I try to watch something is say loading then playing then drops back to the original stream.
the warning is due to the code comparing against svn revisions and it will need updating since xbmc is now using git. also please post a log.
exobuzz Wrote:the warning is due to the code comparing against svn revisions and it will need updating since xbmc is now using git. also please post a log.

Do I need to update it or do the maintainers of the code need to update it? I am assume I have the latest version of XBMC for the Apple TV 2 as I have just installed it. Can you point me in the direction of the log as I can't find it.
I need to update the plugin. Someone mentioned the log file, but I can't remember/find the post/comment.

[edit]
is here i think /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc.log
Here is the relevant bit (I think) let me know if you need more

log deleted see pastebin link below
it is preferable to have a full log and post it to pastebin or similar. anyway, it looks as though that build doesn't have librtmp support. whatever version/revision it may be (since I dont have that part of the log i need).
exobuzz Wrote:it is preferable to have a full log and post it to pastebin or similar. anyway, it looks as though that build doesn't have librtmp support. whatever version/revision it may be (since I dont have that part of the log i need).

Here you go

http://pastebin.com/Jk1B0a6u