Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't connect to Web Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm using iPhone application called 'XBMC Remote'. It was working ok until recently, can't connect anymore.

I suspect Babylon version perhaps change something? Also I can't connect to it with .net app called 'XBMC Control'.

Any ideas what might be wrong?
Without any additional info? Nope.
Ernisj check that the web server is on in XBMC, even if it is on turn it off then on again. Check the remote app is connecting to the right port, 6000 off the top of my head.
Thank you guys, sorry for not telling more info.

Web server is on, tried turning on and of.

XBMC web server is using port 80 by default, that's what I've entered into remote app as well?

What additional info would be helpful to you in this case?

Btw, I should be able to connect to XBMC web server just by simply typing it's IP address in my browser, right?

Something like http://192.168.1.1 in my case.. If I do that I get 'Connection Interrupted' error message.

Thanks for any help.

Edit: for example, I found a connection string which supposedly should show currently playing item on xmbc:
http:xbox:<my password>//192.168.1.1:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=getcurrentlyplaying

It does not connect, I get same 'connection interrupted' error. I wonder if this works for other people?
Can someone please check that Web Server works fine on your ATV with latest official Babylon build?

By checking I mean could you simply type http://<IP of your Atv> in your web browser?

If it works for other people at least I'll know problem is on my end somewhere.
AFAIK you need to specify a high port >1024 (default is 8080).
vdrfan Wrote:AFAIK you need to specify a high port >1024 (default is 8080).

Yes, I do specify default port 8080, but still can't connect.

I have tried everything, have no idea what's going on Sad
try "xbmc" as the username.
davilla Wrote:try "xbmc" as the username.

thanks mate, but tried that too..

Also tried renaming back to old 'xbox', still no luck.

Funny thing is I could connect before as I've used XBMC Remote on iPhone and it worked fine.

Not sure, maybe something is wrong on my end, but have no clue what could it be.
I just updated last night and I noticed that I couldn't get my XBMC Remote for iphone to work either.
Updated to 9.04.1 today and my iPhone xmbcremote stopped working as well.
debug log please.
I contacted the creaters of the XBMC iPhone app. The issue is simple. Before the last big XBMC update the default "username" for the webserver was "xbox". The last update made it possible to change the username on XBMC and set the default to "xbmc". The current version of XBMC iPhone app does not allow for changing the username, but they say that will be fixed in a future version.

So in XBMC you need to change the username to "xbox".
I use the default port of "8080".
Make sure that you have the right password.
I test my webserver by connecting via a desktop/laptop web browser to make sure that the xbmc device is working properly.

This fixed my app right away, also one of my buddies. I hope this helps people more than it confuses them.
Thanks for the information Chipskip!