Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "ClearArt" concept - overlay type artwork for ex. 'episode poster/fanart on paused'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
so they show up randomly, it can be difficult as you said its just change the control, from image to multiimage. the only problem would be to create a folder for each show or create a clearArt folder in each show.
what about keeping them like that and just use names like
tvshowx-1.png
tvshowx-2.png
tvshowx-3.png
tvshowy-1.png
tvshowy-2.png
tvshowy-3.png

so you can seek the tvshowx*.png or for tvshowy*.png.
isn't that kind of sorting possible is this environnement?
if you use the multiimage control the files names doesn't matter because the control will load up every and any image in the folder specify.
reaven Wrote:if you use the multiimage control the files names doesn't matter because the control will load up every and any image in the folder specify.

So for example it would be clearart/True Blood/*.png ?
Would be quite nice and save renaming every clearart we download to fit the naming scheme.
hikaricore Wrote:So for example it would be clearart/True Blood/*.png ?
Would be quite nice and save renaming every clearart we download to fit the naming scheme.

without the .png just
Code:
<path>clearart/$INFO[TVSHOWTITLE]/</path>
it will load all images in that folder regardless of extension.
Whose line is it anyway?
reaven Wrote:without the .png just
Code:
<path>clearart/$INFO[TVSHOWTITLE]/</path>
it will load all images in that folder regardless of extension.

would this cause problems with fanart and season thumbs being in the same folder ?
I dont see any point in having multi images BUT maybe different season Images would be a better option ?
IE season one opens ClearartS1.png and when in season two it displays clearartS2.png
Just an idea :p
well that's a lot of work to do to make clearart for each season !!!
Ram2000 Wrote:would this cause problems with fanart and season thumbs being in the same folder ?
I dont see any point in having multi images BUT maybe different season Images would be a better option ?
IE season one opens ClearartS1.png and when in season two it displays clearartS2.png
Just an idea
isn't suppose to cause any problem with anything because is not in the same folder is in a folder named clearart and even if they was in the same folder it wont cause a problem because it have a unique name so it wont mix with any other image, thats true with single cleartArt per show as of now. with multiimage cleaArt wont work because multiimage will load all the image in the folder specified if you put the clearArts in the tvshow folder it will load all the fanart and .tbn's images along with the cleaArts, so the solution would be put a cleaArt folder inside the tvshow folder or create a folder per tvshow under media folder.

Ram2000 Wrote:I dont see any point in having multi images
would be cool to see random clearArts everytime you paused or just for the heck of something different.

ppic Wrote:well that's a lot of work to do to make clearart for each season !!!
would be cool as hell but a pain to make indeed !!

Quote:at Imaginos
hey am thinking in changing the code so the clearArt be stored under the tvshow folder, what do you think ? that way you dont have to even rename the clearArt just name it "clearart"

like:
<Dexter>|
----------|<Season 1>
----------|<Season 2>
----------|fanart.jpg
----------|folder.jpg
----------|tvshow.nfo
----------|season01.tbn
----------|season02.tbn
----------|season-all.tbn
----------|clearArt.png
B|aze Wrote:Two and a half men

Sons Of Anarchy

Hello Blaze, good start, but you've got to know that the pics must be 500x281
I will correct these, but it would make things easier for me if you make them the right size in the future Smile
reaven Wrote:...
hey am thinking in changing the code so the clearArt be stored under the tvshow folder, what do you think ? that way you dont have to even rename the clearArt just name it "clearart"

like:
<Dexter>|
----------|<Season 1>
----------|<Season 2>
----------|fanart.jpg
----------|folder.jpg
----------|tvshow.nfo
----------|season01.tbn
----------|season02.tbn
----------|clearArt.png

I tought it wasn't possible as the infos available via the videoplayer don't give acces to the tvshow folder !
reaven Wrote:hey am thinking in changing the code so the clearArt be stored under the tvshow folder, what do you think ? that way you dont have to even rename the clearArt just name it "clearart"

like:
<Dexter>|
----------|<Season 1>
----------|<Season 2>
----------|fanart.jpg
----------|folder.jpg
----------|tvshow.nfo
----------|season01.tbn
----------|season02.tbn
----------|clearArt.png

That would be a much better idea for someone like me then i wouldn't have to copy the cleararts folder to every skin I have loaded.
would also get around issues with naming conventions.
Quote:That would be a much better idea for someone like me then i wouldn't have to copy the cleararts folder to every skin I have loaded.
would also get around issues with naming conventions.

do you have the clearArt mod working in others skins ?
Leverage clearArt pack (soon at XBMCStuff.com)

House clearArt pack (soon at http://www.xbmcstuff.com/?x=1&id=30)
reaven Wrote:do you have the clearArt mod working in others skins ?

LoL no but I have about 4 different Aeon skins still cant choose which one I like the best :p
hopefully one day one of them will have all the bits I like.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40