Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How do I add "Animaniacs" TV Show to my video library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Probably I'm the only one watching some of the toons of my childhood via XBMC ;-) , but nevertheless I hope, someone can help or give a clue:

I have a collection of Animaniacs Episodes - each file representing a full episode, as it was aired on TV.

Now the problem ist:
TheTVDB (for whichever reason) has each episide divided in several entries. Compare TheTVTB to see what I mean. For example, TheTVDB episodes 1 to 6 represent in fact the first episode, divided in 6 chapters.

Has anyone an idea, how to scrape these episodes to my library? I don't want to rename the episodes like
"Animaniacs 1x01-02-03-04-05-06"
since that has a lot of disadvantages for me (not to speak about the time for this renaming process - episode 2 would have to be renamed to "Animaniacs 1x07-08-09-10-11" and so on).

My goal is to have one library entry per file, not per chapter.

Can this be done with the TheTVDB scraper, preferably without having to rename everything? Or is there any other tv show scraper that doesn't use chapters instead of episodes on this particular tv show?

Any help appreciated...
It's not quick and easy but you could manually create your own custom .nfo file for each file. Then XBMC will scan the episode info from that instead of thetvdb.
Thx for your reply - have already thought about that, but I hoped that there is a slightly easier way that I just happened to miss :-)
LOL I have now the same issue... how did you ever resolve this?
Yeah, I need an answer to this one also.
The IMDB TV seems to have all episodes in the full length format.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105941/episodes
Rename all the episodes automatically to fit xbmc naming conventions using TheRenamer. Then scrape all episodes to your library using the usual method (may need to manually specify Animaniacs English, but the episodes are all available at thetvdb). Then follow the instructions to Export Video Library, choosing export to separate files; export thumbnails; export fanart; overwrite all existing.

This method works great for me.

NS
I had to do this for Night Gallery.

The episodes I have weren't even close to the TVDB websites.
shadd22 Wrote:The IMDB TV seems to have all episodes in the full length format.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105941/episodes

So you're suggesting using imdb for that program. That's doable I guess, but unfortunately there is no plot summary or fanart/posters for the seasons and episodes. This would be quite arduous as well.

Quote:Rename all the episodes automatically to fit xbmc naming conventions using TheRenamer.

This won't work because TheRenamer gets it's info from TVDB, and as mentioned, TVDB has them listed as segments, so it won't rename them correctly (ie, S01E01 will be named as "De-zanitized", S01E02 will be named "The Monkey Song", when in actuality, the way the episodes were aired - which are how my media is, "De-Zanitized" and "The Monkey Song" should both be part of S01E01 along with "Nighty-Night Toon" [labeled S01E03 on tvdb] and "End Credits - Standard" [labeled S01E04 on tvdb])
just so you know, you are not the only one that loves animaniacs, i have the whole collection too....and now i see the problem as well - thanks for that :-)
well at least you have one more person plugging away at a solution !
The same thing happens for lots of animated TV shows. It is really annoying.
Not to drag this thread back from the dead or anything, but I find that for situations like this (where thetvdb doesn't organize episodes the info the way I want it), a separate media manager program (for example, Ember Media Manager) that lets me enter the info myself is very useful.

It may take a bit more time, but I get the results I want.
Just rename the episodes like such, S01E01E02, S01E03E04 (then they'll scrape correctly from thetvdb).... there are quite a few series on thetvdb that are similar with mutliple episodes that air at the same time, Spongebob is another example. But when they are released on DVD, the episodes are separate, so if you encode from DVD, you get separate files.

If thetvdb did it the other way (making both episodes that aired at the same time as one listing, then those that rip from DVD would have to combine them manually since XBMC doesn't have provisions to name a TV episode spanning 2 files, but it DOES have provisions to name multiple episodes per one file, as I mentioned above.
We really need a scraper site that allows people to add "alt" listing data. You could have metadata for segments, whole episodes, and per DVD (so when you have a single iso file, it has a summary describing which episodes are on it, etc). TVDB is nice about some stuff, but for some reason they refuse to consider other options when they've already set rules/guidelines.
Problem is who will build it, fill and maintain it? It's a massive task and i am 100% sure every one will disagree on content.

There are sites out there and they all lack completeness
Pages: 1 2