Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Remote Control/Multimedia Keys problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I use XBMC in XP and not so long ago I bought a USB IR remote control. This remote control uses known keys like numbers and letters that are on every regular keyboard.
It also uses multimedia keys (play, pause, fast forward) just like my keyboard uses, it uses the same format:
0xB3=play
0xB2=pause
and so on...

As I understood from this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=15088 - These keys don't work in XBMC. They work in Media Portal but I prefer XBMC because of lots of reasons.

I just wanted to ask, if there's any kind of solution for this problem, some patch or script or even third-party software?
If there isn't, I won't be able to use XBMC with my remote and that's a bummer. Id'e be happy if you helped me.

Thank you in a advance,
Noam.
Check your Debug Log when you press those keys. If something shows up, the keypress has been detected. From then on, it's a matter of keymapping it.
Hello,

Thank you for your quick response, I really appreciate it.

I allowed debug mode, closed XBMC and launched it again, and then pressed the play button several times and then closed and opened the log.

I looked for something that might relate to the key and I found this:
Quote:14:20:44 T:452 M:620380160 INFO: load keymapping
14:20:44 T:452 M:620376064 INFO: Loading special://xbmc/system/Keymap.xml
14:20:44 T:452 M:620142592 ERROR: Keyboard Translator: `key' button has no id
14:20:44 T:452 M:620023808 DEBUG: CButtonTranslator::Load - no userdata keymap found, skipping

What does it mean? Isn't there an option to give the key an id? It's open source after all...

This is the log if anyone wants to take a look

Noam.
anybody?