Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Smart Video Playlist for all videos in a folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I would like to create a smart video playlist that contains all videos within a specified folder. I would like the folder I specify to be an smb share and for the video playlist to update whenever I add a new video to the folder.

Also, being able to have the playlist on repeat is preferred. Is this possible via XBMC? I have installed XBMC on an AppleTV and tried the following to no avail:

creating a .xsp file in ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/playlists/video with the following contents

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>a</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">smb://user:password@host/sharename/</rule>
</smartplaylist>
Simplify it down by perhaps just looking for /sharename/

Also, make sure it's doing what you think it's doing by checking the smartplaylist in the UI editor.

EDIT: Obviously it's only going to return videos in the library that are in that path - if you haven't scanned them, they won't be in the list.

Cheers,
Jonathan
jmarshall Wrote:Simplify it down by perhaps just looking for /sharename/

Also, make sure it's doing what you think it's doing by checking the smartplaylist in the UI editor.

EDIT: Obviously it's only going to return videos in the library that are in that path - if you haven't scanned them, they won't be in the list.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks for the reply.

I cant believe it wasnt working because I hadnt scanned them into the library. Once I did that, and shortened the path to just the share name it works great.