Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Keymap.xml missing XBMC 9.04.1?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just downloaded XBMC onto a mac mini. Strangely, keymap.xml is missing from userdata. guisettings.xml, LCD.xml, profiles.xml, RssFeeds.xml, Scrobbler.xml, sources.xml are all there as are the folders Database, playlists, Thumbnails, and visulisations. But no keymap.xml. The log file shows no error, but it doesn't indicate keymap.xml being loaded. XBMC does play, and is controllable by the keyboard and apple remote.

I'm somewhat new to the mac's, have had no similar problem with XBMC on the windows platform.

What should I do next?
That is by design. Keymap.xml in userdata is only used if you wish to override the default keymap.xml.

This is the same on all platforms.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Thank u very much. Where can I get a copy of the default keymap.xml?

On the windows version (which I installed in "portable" mode), I used the copy of keypad.xml in the \programs\XMCD\system folder as a base to modify and copy into \programs\XMCD\userdata.

On the mac, the ~/Users/username/Library/Application Support/XBMC/system folder is empty. There is no XBMC folder in ~/Library/Application Support/. When I google my hard drive for keymap.xml, I can't find a copy.

Sorry for the noob questions.
On the mac, it'll be within the XBMC.app bundle (which is a folder) - think of it as the equivalent to C:\Program Files\XBMC.

Remember that you only need your additions in the userdata keymap.xml - not the whole thing.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Thank you, found it. I see now why macs are easier. Now if I can only find the registry editor :p