Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Update Music DB don´t add Album Thumb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rev20720 PM3.HD

I add 100 Albums to my database via update db from the dbview. The albums stored on a NAS connection via SMB. All music files are tagged incl album thumbs. The album thumbs set via the tool MediaMonkey and it worked on the final 9.04, that the albums add to the db with the album thumb.

I add also the albums to the db from my xbox Rev20439 and the thumbs are available.

The settings for music update album information and update artist information is on windows and xbox disabled.

So I update the XBMC Windows Version to Rev20737 but I don´t know how it's possible to update the album thumbs from the tagged musicfiles without deleting the complete db to check is the error also available in this version.
New Information:

I delete the complete music db (MyMusic7.db) and try to add the complete music source to the db. The new albums have no thumbs. The albums that have added in the past have thumbs.

So I delete again the music db and try with the 9.04 Rev19952. The new album have thumbs
Additional Information

Rev20737 Windows
Load the thumbs for the albums. It works if the db is empty or if albums added.

If a album add without thumbs (error in tagged file) or with a wrong thumb it's no chance to change the album thumbs via update db (after the file is correct tagged) (Or I don' found the feature). The only way to change the thumb is via album info -> change cover.
To delete the db and create it new, is for my point of view not a solution because it works some hours.

On the xbox Rev20439 it's possible via fileview select folder with the bandname and update db to change the album thumb.
The imagelib.dll needs recompiling. It's a known issue.
r20792 should do the trick.

Cheers,
Jonathan
I try new tests with Rev20817, the problem is still available.

Update library from the music db view add new albums but not the thumb.

Update library from the fileview select a folder from a artist also don't update the album thumb.
I make a new test with Rev20918

The problem is still available. If I try from the fileview select the folder of an artist e.g. "Depeche Mode" and start update library the two missing thumbs for albums after the update still missing.

If I try the same on the XBox, it works fine

Debug log:
http://pastebin.ca/1448436
According to the log it found no change in either of those directories. Did you modify any files in there in between the last scan of Depeche Mode and the one logged?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Hi Jonathan,
I try it again with a complete new created music db. After that I added an album with missing album thumb and update db from the dbview. After I tagged the file with the album thumb, I update the db from the fileview (artist selected) and the thumb was updatet.

So it' works fine.

I think the problem was that the files was added to the db as the problem was available with the imagelib.dll, so the thumbs was missing due to the thumb was available, by the next scan the thumb was don't add because nothing was change on the files.

Many thanks for your support and corrected the imagelib.dll

Zippolighter
Yup - that's what I suspected.

Cheers,
Jonathan