Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Tutorial for creating a filter in music library party mode?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I Like Using Party Mode in my library (which i assume is basically a shuffle). But in my library I also have about 20 gigs of stand up comedy which I'd like to not play when I shuffle.

-All of my comedy is tagged under the genre "comedy". How do exclude this genre in party mode?
Use a smartplaylist. You can do this from the context menu while in partymode I believe, otherwise Playlists->Party mode playlist.

Cheers,
Jonathan
jmarshall Wrote:Use a smartplaylist. You can do this from the context menu while in partymode I believe, otherwise Playlists->Party mode playlist.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Any other wayto achieve this? Would love to exclude audiobooks (as itunes does). Any idea?
If the audiobooks are tagged by genre or whatever, then yes, you can exclude them from the partymode playlist - it's just a smartplaylist.

Cheers,
Jonathan
i'm bumping this old thread because i have the same issue as the poster:

lots of music, some stand-up tagged as "Comedy", don't want it in party mode.
I don't see an option in the context menu during play that would achieve this...any ideas?
Little late I know, but look here (might help future googlers like myself).
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1855392
Loving party mode. Amazing that the default playlist selections I get from my music library is just three rules. Match genera, artist, less than year like the wiki states. I haven't actually opened the XML file to check that.