Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
finally I´ve got Xbmc running with TVHeadend. I always tried to connect to
htsp://localhost:9982/ if I change this to htsp://127.0.0.1:9982/ it´s working (see attached log).

DNS names are not resolved??

[email]htpc@htpc:~/.xbmc[/email]/temp$ ping localhost
PING localhost (127.0.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from localhost (127.0.0.1): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.114 ms

error:
07:56:21 T:3042797456 M:1558048768 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting htsp://localhost:9982/
07:56:21 T:3042797456 M:1558048768 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(htsp://localhost:9982/) failed
07:56:21 T:3042797456 M:1558048768 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory ()
07:56:21 T:3042797456 M:1558048768 DEBUG: ParentPath = []
07:56:21 T:3011820432 M:1558048768 DEBUG: thread start, auto delete: 0

okay:
07:54:40 T:3042797456 M:1558974464 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (htsp://127.0.0.1:9982/)
07:54:40 T:3042797456 M:1558974464 DEBUG: ParentPath = []
07:54:40 T:3042797456 M:1558974464 DEBUG: CHTSPSession::Open - connected to server: [HTS Tvheadend], version: [2.5], proto: 2
07:54:40 T:2879892368 M:1558974464 DEBUG: thread start, auto delete: 0
07:54:40 T:2879892368 M:1558974464 DEBUG: CHTSPDirectorySession:Tonguerocess() - Starting
07:54:40 T:2879892368 M:1558974464 DEBUG: CHTSPSession:TonguearseChannelUpdate - id:55, name:'!3sat', icon:'(null)', event:0
The sound was there on a seperate stream, but it always seemed to defualt to the wrong one..

my4keys82 Wrote:Heiligenschein:

Supplying the password and username fixed it for me, so for live add sthe source like this:

htsp://xbmc:[email protected]:9982

Give that a go, hope it works.

note: If anyone doesn't get any sound, try changing audio streams, the default stream is the wrong one for me.
Hi.

I have just updated to alpha 2 and made a fresh build of tvheadend.

A few channels here in denmark is in mpeg2 and those are working great.. But most channels are mpeg4 with HE AAC sound, and the picture is fine (and surprising fast channels shift), but sound is missing.

Is there any patches or trick to "enable" AAC sound on XBMC??

I have read that andoma was working on this?? Is there any way i can help testing the code.

Best regards

Brian W Andersen.
Dortamur Wrote:This sounds similar to the problem I'm having. I have a dual-tuner USB device, and it works for a while, but then stops working giving the No transponder error.

On mine, if I reboot and go to the tvheadend web front-end, and go to Configuration->DVB Adapters->Select an adapter->Multiplexes, then I can see that the listed MUXs (5 for me) have decent signal Quality, but after a period of time, Quality drops slowly to 0%. I can watch & record TV while they're not 0%, but if they hit 0%, it starts giving errors.

Using tzap from the command line prompt still tunes & records from the same tuner though.

Deleting the MUXs and re-adding them seems to work - sometimes - for a bit...

I've had this issue, and a reboot seems to fix it everytime. This was with a Kworld DVBt card.

Moved to Hauppague Nova-TD 500 and the issues gone. Think this is chipset/driver related.

BTW - I'm a n00b here, and have found the xbmc forum invaluable - so thanks very much!!

On another note... I think the Winterhill Mux info included with TVheadend is out of date since the turn off of the analogue transmitters - can't get BBC 1,2 or 3. Apparently they are on a new Mux.

Mythbackend picks up on them, so the cards ok - but I don't like myth, and was wondering if there's anywhere where the new info can be retrieved.

I've looked over for the frequencies - or info about new TVheadend Mux info but can't find it. Apologies if I'm in the wrong thread - but thought this would be a good place to start. Big Grin

EDIT: Scratch that - had to open my big mouth - jsut lost signal on all Muxes. Altho this card did seem to hold them for longer
Managed to get the most upto date Mux info, and it's the same included with TvHeadend Sad

Anyone else having issues getting BBC 1? Seems limited to TvHeadend, but I've run out of ideas.

This may affect more people in the UK during the switchover - but I'm not clued up enough to suggest a solution.

Still losing signal on the Muxes aswell - as other people are. Deleting the muxes doesn't help either - always needs a reboot.
Wow, this is the first solution I've tried that's actually got me TV working in XBMC. Thanks so much for this! I tried setting up mythtv - and it's just WaaaaaY to complicated. Plus it doesn't seem to find any channels. Then I tried to go the VDR route, but it just wouldn't work. Stuff wouldn't compile, etc.

Now this tvheadend method has worked perfectly first time, and I'm so happy! The webui is genius - so intuitive!

My only concern now is how to get a full EPG in XBMC. Is this possible with this solution? Sorry if it's been covered already, but I just don't have time to read through the 23 pages of the thread at the moment. A quick thread search didn't turn up anything useful.

If someone could please fill me in that would be great, thanks.

Also, on a seperate question, is there any way in the webui that I can tell which channels are scrambled and which are not? I'm only want FTA for now. Thanks!
Hi, I have been running xbmc and tvheadend for a while now and everything works like a charm.
I have seen there is support for teletext in recent xbmc builds but I have not managed to get it to work with tvheadend.
Is it supposed to work at all or have I missed to configure something?
I have enabled teletext in video settings but when I press v while watching a stream nothing happens.
anyone have any luck getting cccam working with sasc-ng?
Gamblor Wrote:I got it going and it works a treat. Thanks.

I got it working too and seems to be working ok. Thanks!
bwa20 Wrote:Hi.

I have just updated to alpha 2 and made a fresh build of tvheadend.

A few channels here in denmark is in mpeg2 and those are working great.. But most channels are mpeg4 with HE AAC sound, and the picture is fine (and surprising fast channels shift), but sound is missing.

Is there any patches or trick to "enable" AAC sound on XBMC??

I have read that andoma was working on this?? Is there any way i can help testing the code.

Best regards

Brian W Andersen.

It looks like HE AAC is now supported by xbmc out of the box (big thanks to whoever did this). I just tested with a mythtv source using alpha2 r2458, TV2 in NZ, and it works fine without any config shenanigans.

I think the problem here is that TVHeadend does not work with HE AAC - at least it didn't a few months back. Last time I checked VDR backend also did not (even though the streamer plugin does).
I am having the exact same issue as some of you. Using a Pinnacle Hybrid PCTV 330e, Quality of the Muxes drops after a while and the only solution is a full system reboot. I've been trying with the 2.5 release, older ones and the latest SVN version of tvheadend and this always happens. The fact that I can still watch TV with XINE ( so not using tvheadend ) makes me think it comes from tvheadend. Maybe some of you can tell me if this issue is related to the ticket I found in the development part of the website :

#89 Tvheadend does not seem to select a different source if quality drops.

Thanks.

@androma, I have quite some time these days so I could help testing SW if you which
is the video speed messed up in anyone elses recording? Sound seems ok but video goes from too fast to too slow.

h264 recordings seem fine, but not mpeg2 streams

Using xbmc alpha 2 on ubuntu

And also regarding xmltv, what does the part in bold mean? where shout the xml output file be saved and what should it be called?

"Make sure that the grabber is properly configured before saving configuration.

To configure manually execute the following command in a shell on the server:
$ /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt --configure

Note: It is important to configure the grabber using the same userid as tvheadend since most grabbers save their configuration in the users home directory.

Grabber version: XMLTV module version 0.5.53 This is tv_grab_uk_rt version 1.198, 2008/08/25 02:30:28 !
puithove Wrote:Wow, this looks great. I'd love to use this but wonder if it has any support for US cable's Clear QAM. I see that you're thinking of adding ATSC - I'd love to see QAM support also. I have a couple cards that do QAM and present themselves as DVB cards (at least according to MythTV).

Also - is there any support for HDHomerun devices? I have a QAM/ATSC version HDHomerun that would be nice to be able to use.

EDIT: I decided to try out the lastest SVN of TVHeadend - Yes QAM does appear to work! This is incredibly slick.

How did you get this to work? I'm using the latest SVN of TVHeadend. I'm using the HDHomerun .strm files just fine in XBMC, but I have no idea how I get TVHeadend to talk to my HDHomerun. Nothing shows up under DVB adapters or under IPTV.

Thanks!

Chris
I updated my server to karmic. Now i also got this "muxcountodown" problem. Did anyone solve it yet?
Jaken Wrote:I updated my server to karmic. Now i also got this "muxcountodown" problem. Did anyone solve it yet?

Can confirm that this is only in TvHeadend. I run Mythbackend, and it works continuosly.

If I stop myth, and start Tvheadend, after a few hours the muxes drop individually - altho if you're watching a channel it seems to keep that Mux whilst the others drop - could this be a timeout issue? Like if TvHeadend isn't in use it goes into standby mode??

I've used TvHeadend on Xbmc Live 9.04, and my server is also 9.04, so I don't think this is related to Karmic.

Having to use Myth atm - which is annoying.