Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone else have jerky sound while watching dvb-t from tvheadend? I don't know if it's xbmc or tvheadend problem or alsa. Everything works if playing dvb:// directly with mplayer. I have made ticket for it http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8052

I'm currently running tvheadend r3776 and xbmc r25509, soundcard Cirrus Logic CS 4614/22/24/30 [CrystalClear SoundFusion Audio Accelerator] (rev 01), alsa-driver 1.0.21 and Linux debian 2.6.26-2-686 kernel

Never mind

I set up pulse and got it finally working Smile
For Astra1 (19.2E), you need to tick the "Autodetect muxes" checkbox in the adapter configuration box. I get 89 muxes in this way. I also have Astra2 and Hotbird and for these satellites the checkbox can be unticked.

skillshot Wrote:Yesterday i tried XBMC 9.11 Beta 2 with tvheadend 2.7 but i can not get tvheadend to scan for any Channels. I have a Technotrend S2-3200 dvb-card.

What I did:
1.) Connect to the webfrontend
2.) Go to Configuration/DVB Adapters
3.) Select my card
4.) Added Astra19.2 (still just one mux defined)
and now nothing happens.

The tvheadend docs say

but tvheadend does not start any scanning, i get nothing in the logs ... it simply does not do anything?

What am i missing?

Thx for any help or hint!
jeepcook Wrote:execute cccam on your linux pc, see the file generated under /tmp/ and give this file to tvheadend ..

just try !

I see no camd.socket in the tmp folder (i am connected to my cccam server on dreambox)

only cccam related file i see in tmp is .CCcam.nodeid

how is the camd.socket file generated?
Same prob as moontan.
Sure someone said earlier in thread that they had working.
fabioc Wrote:For Astra1 (19.2E), you need to tick the "Autodetect muxes" checkbox in the adapter configuration box.

I forgot to mention this step. I did tick "Autodetect muxes" but nothing happens. I'll try to get some more debug information or i'll open a ticket at lonelycoders site.

Thx anyway!
Hey.
I got a Asus Pundit P4-P5N9300, 4gb ram and a Tevii s470 dvb-s2 card.
I run tvheadend on a xbmc live version.
I get tvheadend to scan the channels and i can watch them but when i watch a HD channel i get stuttering. tried animailplanet hd on thor and also tv4 hd on thor.
I checked vdpau in menu but it doesnt do anything.
HD movies from harddrive works great though.
Anyone have any idea?
Thanx in advance.
My system is built on an Aspire Revo 1600 - Ubuntu Karmic and XBMC 9.11-B2. I have installed TVheadend 2.7. The DVB device is a WinTV-HVR 950Q.

I have a US CableVision cable connection with no cable box so all I expected to receive was the set of clear QAM channels.

My problem is that on the XBMC-TVheadend system the scan only detects 22 (mostly PBS type) channels. Using the same HVR-950Q device on my Windows 7 system with the WinTV 7 software it detects the same 22 labeled channels and about 30 additional clear QAM channels labeled as unknown. The WinTV 7 setup also sees about 20+ analog channels.

I have done many searches on this forum and Google but, so far, I have no clue how to get tvheadend to recognize any of these additional channels. I see a long (400+) list of unnamed services in the web UI services list but the mapping ignores them.

I would appreciate pointers to any information that could help me resolve this issue.

Many thanks for any help
-----------
T.O.M.
I have the same problem with the HD channels, some times they take a while to start then drop frames throughout.
does anyone have problems with the web interface being slow, i have two cards one for 28.2e and one for 19.2e so there are lots of services which stops the browser on my laptop.
ye something to do with the java script, supposedly google chrome can handle it a bit better but I didnt see much difference. The developer said he plans to change the services section to a "live-grid" like the epg section. Hopefully that will make it usable.
Oh good because it is taking a long time to sort all the channels etc.
Any advice on best method to upscale channels so they always fill the screen?
Sometimes they look a bit grainy
moontan77 Wrote:I see no camd.socket in the tmp folder (i am connected to my cccam server on dreambox)

only cccam related file i see in tmp is .CCcam.nodeid

how is the camd.socket file generated?

If you want tu use cccam with tvheadend, you have to run them on the same machine !
jeepcook Wrote:If you want tu use cccam with tvheadend, you have to run them on the same machine !

I have the same prob and mine are both on the same machine. but i dont get the camd.socket either
jeepcook Wrote:If you want tu use cccam with tvheadend, you have to run them on the same machine !

i understand that, i am saying i have cccam running on my tvheadend pc and this is connecting to cccam on my dreambox
moontan77 Wrote:i understand that, i am saying i have cccam running on my tvheadend pc and this is connecting to cccam on my dreambox

which decryption-code-system do you use? I need IRDeto and i couldnt get it to work with Tvheadend + NewCS because of Tvheadend not requesting the keys trough the correct EMC's (dont know exactly if its called ECM :p)

The NewCS server was working perfectly though with other applications, so i'm afraid Tvheadend + CCcam wont work either.
tv package i have works ok with newcs, theres only one encryption type running at the one type so cccam shouldnt be a problem.