Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please can somebody help me to get this working. Here is my setup followed by what I have done so far, and the current outcome.

Hardware:
AVerMedia super 007

Sotware:
tvheadend 2.11
XBMC Live 9.11

I have installed tvheadend and can connect to it in XBMC using htps://username:[email protected]:9982, which gives my a folder saying live tv. If i click on it nothing happens.

On the webui I can see the tv adpater as <Philips TDA10046H DVB-T>. I selected add DVB network by location and chose BeaconHill since I live near Brighton. A list of 6 multiplexes are added which all find nothing. No services and the quality drops to 0% in stages like its scanning and finding nothing. No services and all muxes have had initial scan, i've rebooted multiple times and checked the card works in Windows 7 media centre, it records plays and pauses live tv.

Can somebody please tell me how to find channels, I don't understand multiplex nor muxes.
@anguser
If you are using a very recent svn version (I am on r29741) go to Settings->Tv->General, there is a channel manager where you can sort the channels. Works really smooth
thx ill try it tomorrow.
NebulaOdyssey Wrote:Please can somebody help me to get this working. Here is my setup followed by what I have done so far, and the current outcome.

Hardware:
AVerMedia super 007

Sotware:
tvheadend 2.11
XBMC Live 9.11

I have installed tvheadend and can connect to it in XBMC using htps://username:[email protected]:9982, which gives my a folder saying live tv. If i click on it nothing happens.

On the webui I can see the tv adpater as <Philips TDA10046H DVB-T>. I selected add DVB network by location and chose BeaconHill since I live near Brighton. A list of 6 multiplexes are added which all find nothing. No services and the quality drops to 0% in stages like its scanning and finding nothing. No services and all muxes have had initial scan, i've rebooted multiple times and checked the card works in Windows 7 media centre, it records plays and pauses live tv.

Can somebody please tell me how to find channels, I don't understand multiplex nor muxes.

Ok I couldn't get this card to work properly so took it back. Can anybody recommend a cheap pci tv card (low profile), I want dvb-t digital tv, with record functionality in tvheadend. Preferably I would also like it to work in windows (win7).

Recommendations please, also i'm using xbmc live 9.11.
Hi

i have installed as mentioned document
and iam recording the channels

all channels are recording black and white

PVR-150 iam located in india

any advice, how can i get colour recordings

Ram
anyone using oscam?

Have it set up to work as a cccam client which connects to my 2 cccam servers running on my 2 dreamboxs

Using a mix of this link below and some googling oscam cccam

http://trac.lonelycoder.com/hts/wiki/tvh...scam_ziggo

Only problem I have is that when i watch/record a channel, oscam is an active client on both cccam servers and obtaining keys even though it only needs to be connected to one.

Does anyone know what needs to be done on the oscam files to stop this happening?
moontan77 Wrote:anyone using oscam?

Have it set up to work as a cccam client which connects to my 2 cccam servers running on my 2 dreamboxs

Only problem I have is that when i watch/record a channel, oscam is an active client on both cccam servers and obtaining keys even though it only needs to be connected to one.

Does anyone know what needs to be done on the oscam files to stop this happening?

Hi im not using at the mo. BUt does it sort out some of the earlier probs you were having with ccam.
I m still on 9.04 and some old version ccam. havent dared change it as it took forvever to get working.
Is it easy to configure
My problem Fixed
Purple8 Wrote:Hi im not using at the mo. BUt does it sort out some of the earlier probs you were having with ccam.
I m still on 9.04 and some old version ccam. havent dared change it as it took forvever to get working.
Is it easy to configure

Yes seems to work a lot better regarding obtaining keys and was easier to set up than cccam. I have only watched about 30 mins of tv with it and it seemed to work fine, but when i was recording sometimes i would get a lot of dts discontinuity errors but i'm not sure if thats the fault of tvheadend or oscam (recordings still seemed ok but i have thoroughly went through them). CCcam wasnt working much at all lately for me so anything was better than that! At least oscam development is more future proof that others as newcs development is dead and cccam updates are very frequent.
moontan77 Wrote:anyone using oscam?

Can you do step by step guide to get oscam working as when i tried it i had no success and gave up.Huh
I'm interested too and would appreciate it ...
NebulaOdyssey Wrote:Ok I couldn't get this card to work properly so took it back. Can anybody recommend a cheap pci tv card (low profile), I want dvb-t digital tv, with record functionality in tvheadend. Preferably I would also like it to work in windows (win7).

Recommendations please, also i'm using xbmc live 9.11.

See here.

http://www.linuxtv.org/
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

I have a Hauppage Wintv Nova-t stick and works fine, including the IR remote.

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Ha...VA-T-Stick

I think that is more usefull a USB device than a a PCI because you can use it also in a netbook or laptop.
mason Wrote:I'm interested too and would appreciate it ...

Guide to using oscam as a cccam client:

Get the oscam binary file and put it in usr/local/bin/ and chmod 755 it

Then go to usr/local/etc/ and create the following 3 files
oscam.conf
oscam.server
oscam.user

oscam.conf contains the following (change the newcamd key and port, bit in bold is the ident, i dont know if this is needed or not, i just changed it to 0963:000000 as that is the ident of the package i watch):

[global]
nice = -1
WaitForCards = 1

# protocols
[newcamd]
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
port = 15050@0604:000000

[cccam]
port = anyportnumber
version = 2.1.14
build = 3191

ocam.server contains the following:

[reader]
label = cccamserver1
protocol = cccam
device = serverip,port
account = username,password
group = 1

oscam.user contains the following:
[account]
user = usernameforcwc
pwd = passwordforcwc
group = 1

Go to Code Word Client section on tvheadend web interface and add new entry:
hostname = 127.0.0.1
port = 15050 (port in oscam.conf example above)
username = usernameforcwc (username in oscam.user example above)
password = passwordforcwc (username in oscam.user example above)
des = 0102030405060708091011121314 (key in oscam.conf example above)

chmod 755 those 3 files

Then to get oscam to start at startup
sudo nano /etc/rc.local
and have this:

#!/bin/sh -e
#
# rc.local
#
# This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
# Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
# value on error.
#
# In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
# bits.
#
# By default this script does nothing.
/usr/local/bin/oscam
exit 0

Then disable cccam from starting at startup, if you followed my cccam guide, delete or comment out the line /usr/local/bin/run.sh from the file above.

Reboot

There are loads of different options that can be added to those 3 oscam files but i dont know enough about them and what they do!
Hello All,

I have a problem to get work tvheadend with CCcam.

My system is Ubuntu 10.4 x86.

i created following start script "run.sh" to start CCcam:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
cd /usr/local/bin
gcc -march=pentium -mmmx -fomit-frame-pointer -fexpensive-optimizations -funroll-loops -fPIC -shared -o capmt_ca.so capmt_ca.c -ldl

LD_PRELOAD=./capmt_ca.so ; export LD_PRELOAD
while [ 1 ];
do
   ./cccam -d > /var/log/CCcam.log
done

The "campt_ca.c" file is successfully compiled and loaded.

The problem is that the socket file "/tmp/camd.socked" is not created so
i can not access cam over tvheadend.

i have tried following versions of CCcam:
2.0.1, 2.0.9, 2.0.11, 2.1.2, 2.1.3
but without luck.

What do i wrong?
im useing the same setup luisroyo and the only version which runs correctly is 2.1.0 ... the only one you seem to miss in your list Wink try that version...