Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
dushmaniac Wrote:this is probably the same problem that was reported a few pages back. could you press the "O" button on your keyboard while playing a stream from tvheadend and tell me the (avarage) values you see there.

For the channel I have on now, the audio is on average 187.5 kb/s while the video varies a lot from 1.5mb/s up to 6.5mb/s.

The only thing is notice different from watching xvids etc compared to tvheadend streams is the AQ % and VQ %. On xvids/mkvs, AQ is 99% and VQ is 90%+.

On tvheadend streams AQ % is the 20/30's and VQ % is in the 30's (on the channels i checked).

edit: after a while the AQ and VQ go down to 0% or close to that for tvheadend streams

I'm using RC1 and not a pvr version atm (this is a problem i've had had with xbmc since last year with pvr and non pvr builds).
m404 Wrote:did i miss a posting where you pointed out another package that needs to be installed?
hmm must have forgotten one of the deps.
Code:
sudo apt-get install libva
should fix it
Quote:download / install the desired tv grabber
change to the user the runs tvheadend (usuallly "hts") and run /path/to/your/grabber --configure
configure the grabber in the tvheadend web interface
done

:confused2:I installed from SVN, r5649, in order to get ATSC/QAM support. According to Users and Groups (and the presence of a user file "hts" in my home folder), hts is the user running tvheadend. However I have no password to login under that userid - how do I get it? Also, as I stated in my previous post, my grabber is not really "configurable" as it does not actually grab, but rather simply uploads the xml file (which I obtain from running mc2xml) to the app.
:o
calling the grabber with --configure creates a little config file for the grabber in your home directory. afaik it sets some paths and is required for the grabber to run correctly.

logging in as another user and setting passwords is linux basic lesson #1 and will have about 1 million hits on google.
i have errore in xbmc could not connect to server . but when add any channel like tihs (http://127.0.0.1:9981/channelid/178) to vlc player network strram it's work

@dushmaniac

Do you have any idea what might be the cause of the "GetDelay - snd_pcm_delay, alsa error: -32 - Broken pipe" errors with tvheadend streams and low AQ and VQ percentages. Happens with both pvr and non pvr builds.
kingbrazile Wrote:i have errore in xbmc could not connect to server . but when add any channel like tihs (http://127.0.0.1:9981/channelid/178) to vlc player network strram it's work

add htsp://127.0.0.1:9982 to xbmc
buffer underruns. we should buffer up the data a bit before allowing the player to start.

I'll look into it later, but I'm doing some refactoring first.
moontan77 Wrote:add htsp://127.0.0.1:9982 to xbmc
i do that but same error

this my network setting
dushmaniac Wrote:calling the grabber with --configure creates a little config file for the grabber in your home directory. afaik it sets some paths and is required for the grabber to run correctly.

logging in as another user and setting passwords is linux basic lesson #1 and will have about 1 million hits on google.

Thanks for the gentle prod about setting password and loggin in - it wasn't exactly clear that was what I needed to do from previous posts, however. With respect to configuring the grabber, as I tried to explain in my earlier posts, tvgrabfile is NOT A FULL/TRUE GRABBER, rather only an uploader and therefore does not have configuration.
Attempting to "configure" tv_grab_file results in:

/usr/bin/tv_grab_file: illegal option -- -
unknown option: -
Usage: tv_grab_file: [--description] [--version] [--capabilities].

Suggestion?
bmentink: if you need new version then edit "old" PKGBUILD

change date into this - but it is not important Smile
pkgver=20101106

and edit this
_gitids="c577cc9598cd2f39ecb844ce14f2c854fdb6cbc4"
to new git commit id...

then makepkg...

it use old data and download only changed
kingbrazile Wrote:this my network setting
nice screenshot Tongue could you provide a full debug log please.

@bigdawgte
I already read that your grabber doesn't do any actual grabbing. most grabbers still have to be configured. explained it in my previous post. but apparently not the one you're using.

you said the grabber works fine when started from the console. how do you start it? did you add any parameters (e.g. which file to read)?
first sorry for my english i am use dvb-s twinhan 1020a when add rtsp://127.0.0.1:9981/ to xbmc network error but vlc player run my channel

this my channel scan
seriously, stop the screenshot spam and provide a full debug log as I asked in my previous post.