Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
nope, nice debug messages are nice Smile
Has anyone successfully made tvheadend and sasc-ng work together? I seams like tvheadend can't use the virtual adapters.
Jaken Wrote:Has anyone successfully made tvheadend and sasc-ng work together? I seams like tvheadend can't use the virtual adapters.

there is no need to use sasc-ng as tvheadend has its own softcam build-in. Just set the CWC (connection to newcs/oscam) or setup the connection to cccam.
martdj Wrote:As solving my compile problems are pretty much outside the scope of this forum thread, is there anyone who succeeded recently in building a XBMC build for Windows from dushmaniacs sources and would like to share the executable somewhere?

Any news on this build? Have you succeeded compiling a Dhamra RC2 / PVR build for Windows in the meantime?
Razor_109 Wrote:there is no need to use sasc-ng as tvheadend has its own softcam build-in. Just set the CWC (connection to newcs/oscam) or setup the connection to cccam.

I know this but if I'm not mistaken, tvheadend do not support Viaccess for instance.
@Jaken
I've tried the capmt connection and it worked for me, but just with 1 card. Didn't try it anymore after I had set up oscam and the cwc connection in tvheadend.
You sure that viaccess doesn't work? You could ask it in #hts on irc, someone should be able to answer that for you.

@sfinx
afaik you can just build on windows. some things might have changed since the last time I tried that, but I noticed that someone branched me off on github and is looking at the VS project files. you might want to look at that.
ant_thomas Wrote:Fantastic.

Also, what's the easiest way to order channels? It's a pain in the arse to do it within XBMC. Is it just best to edit the .db file?

If you don't care about the Timeline View you can add tvheadend in the video source list and it will give you the channel order and tv icons that you've set-up using the tvheadend back-end which is much easier to configure (this means that you also don't need a pvr specific skin - you can use a skin like Night and add the tv channel list as a favorite and make a home item for the tv channels).

I'm leaning towards this because when I set my channels in XBMC, occasionally it doesn't connect to tvheadend right away and it resets all of my channels, which is a huge pain. I was wondering why, if the tvheadend video source can use the back-end channel list and icons, why can't the tvheadend PVR client add-on do the same?
Hi,

Somebody know if the tvheadend plugin in XBMC support multiple tuners? f.ex. to record while playing?
I tried but without results. VDR can do this but I prefer Tvheadend
@akr884
I'll implement the channel order and icons from tvheadend in the "pvr version" later. But for now, you'll have to do it manually. After you've sorted the channels, xbmc won't change the order by itself. The only reason for the order to change is a channel update from the server.

You said the xbmc "resets all of your channels". I never seen that behaviour and I never heard anyone else reporting it. Could you provide a full debug log if it happens again.

@blackorpheus:
please READ before asking. someone asked exactly the same yesterday or the day before.
@dushmaniac
I also experienced the same problem with all channels deleted from xbmc. This only happens if you don't restart xbmc often and put your HTPC into standby. I see these once or twice per week. I didn't have any time to look at it why it is happening. I just saved one of log files for later inspection.
I was looking at it right now, and it look like this is a problem with connection of client to tvheadend. I think that it is not reconnected after wakeup from standby.
I pasted a log on the pastebin if you are interested. Just the part after wake up from standby.
http://xbmc.pastebin.com/pEbQAB5e
right, thanks for reporting that. that's a bad one Smile

could you report it on trac too so it doesn't get lost here please.
sfinx Wrote:Any news on this build? Have you succeeded compiling a Dhamra RC2 / PVR build for Windows in the meantime?

The problem at that time was that the VS2010 files hadn't been updated in the PVR build. I haven't looked at it since and haven't downgraded to VS2008.

@dushmaniac did you get to updating the VS2010 files in your build?
Using: 2:10.08~svn09-gujs-maverick1 in Gujs' Dharma PVR Builds PPA

Segmentation Fault on start-up. I never get passed the splash screen.

http://pastebin.com/KNZLjhsm

I have a few crash logs if this one doesn't help with diagnosing the problem.

btw: Thanks to Gujs and Dushmaniac for all your help with the pvr/tvheadend branch.
akr884 Wrote:Using: 2:10.08~svn09-gujs-maverick1 in Gujs' Dharma PVR Builds PPA

Segmentation Fault on start-up. I never get passed the splash screen.

http://pastebin.com/KNZLjhsm

I have a few crash logs if this one doesn't help with diagnosing the problem.

btw: Thanks to Gujs and Dushmaniac for all your help with the pvr/tvheadend branch.

Sorry for that. I was experimenting with something. I will try to fix that in the evening.
@martdj:
no, not really. haven't looked at windows much lately. someone seems to have fixed the vs2008 files on github. maybe you can use those and use the vs2010 upgrade function (not sure if that'll work).