Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@bas.t:
I didn't change anything related to stepping, so it's probably been fixed in trunk.

@costi:
I'll need a full debug log of the event to be able to look into it.
On another note, do you have any recommendation about how to install dharma-pvr? Ie. is it better to install Dharma Live and update, or Ubuntu minimal and install XBMC from scratch?
whatever you like best, won't make a difference.
dushmaniac, I have a appleTv running 8.04 (Hardy heron) are your precompiled versions going to work? For instance the karmic release.
no idea. if you manage to get all dependencies on there, yes, but you're better off compiling from source (from the Dharma-pvr branch)
updated today and now the audio doesn't work anymore. I use https://launchpad.net/~lars-opdenkamp/+archive/xbmc-pvr and maverick.. Any one now what to do?
providing a debug log is what you should do now Smile

and try to remove pulseaudio if you don't need it.
Solved it.. The SPDIF was muted in alsamixer.. =)
I've installed xbmc-pvr and tvheadend in ubuntu 10.10. I have an Anysee E30CT plus and i want to configure tvheadend. No matter what i do, tvheadend won't recognize my Anysee, can someone please help me? What am i doing wrong?
Thanks in advance!
@jansink:
does it have driver support for linux?
it does, according to linuxtv
jansink Wrote:it does, according to linuxtv

Tvheadend now do recognize my Anysee. This is what i did:

DVB-T Driver geblacklist:
code
~$ tail -n 5 /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

# DVB-T Adapter on AnySee E30
blacklist zl10353

Reboot
What does this mean?

skipped: Got multiplexed packets but could not decode further
Hi,

I'm trying to set up a Linux based XBMC with Live TV. I used the Ubuntu 10.10 and installed XBMC and Tvheadend from the "https://launchpad.net/~lars-opdenkamp/+archive/xbmc-pvr" Repository. Accessing the Web Frontend from Tvheadend I can see my DVB-S Card(s) 1. FireDTV and 2. an old Technisat (Zarlink VP310 DVB-S)

When I try to scan for channels ("Idle Scan" and "auto find muxes" both activated) arround 90 muxes and later on 510 services are found. But when I try to map the services to channels, I got an error. Sometimes it doesn't even start any search and just keeps idle and the Multiplex I added (Astra 19.2E) is unnamed in the Multiplexes Tab.

I really don't know, whats messed up or what I'm doing wrong. I've tried to reinstall Ubuntu but had no success setting up XBMC and TVheadend Sad.

Maybe you have some Tips for me. It's really tough to get some up-to-date How-To's or Tutorials.

Thanks for your help,
crasher2k
ignore, problem solved