Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [XBOX] Question about effective content scraping of videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm in the process of dragging my parents into the 21th century and setting up an XBOX full of XVID movies for them. Since they're pretty much computer illiterate, library mode + content scraping is a must

As for my questions:

1) Since I have about 250 movies on my own XBOX that I never unrarred or changed the dir name, automatic content scraping scans won't work properly at all. So what would be the smartest way to rename and order my videos after unrarring to ensure effortless automated content scraping by simply setting up the "get content" of the main movies dir?

The present situation is for example /Random.Movie.DVDRip.XviD-GRouP/ containing /CD1/ and /CD2/ subdirs filled with rars, which almost never works with content scraping (even though i check the option "use folder names for lookups").

After unrarring I was planning on a directory /Random Movie/ containing rm-cd1.avi, rm-cd2.avi, rm-cd1.srt and rm-cd2.srt

To get these to stack, this entry in advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings>
<moviestacking append="no">
<regexp>[ _\.-]+cd[ _\.-]*([0-9a-d]+)</regexp>
</moviestacking>
</advancedsettings>

Is this the best way to go about this? Since unrarring and renaming 250 movies takes quite some time, I thought it prudent to check here first.

2) I was also wondering if making rm-cd1.avi and rm-cd2 stack would affect the automatic usage of the rm-cd1.srt and rm-cd2.srt subtitle files? I'm assuming as soon as cd2.avi is started, cd2.srt will automatically be enabled?

I'd test all this beforehand, but i presently don't have a working XBOX and I want to make sure setting things up goes smoothly when I get to my parents as I'll be pressed for time.

Thanks in advance for your insights.