Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Weather.com Plus Plugin - skinnable via the new Weather Plugin API in XBMC!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Couple of Questions and Comments
1) Thanks for the fix on sunrise and sunset its 100% perfect
2) Now we can donwload Mappacks, how does this work, do we download choose a directory to save and then how do you activate and use it
3) On the hourly forecast there is a problem with the times, example at what should be 12pm it shows 12am and always shows AM I thinks its just an error,

Thanks again!

BTW I am in Central timezone Dallas Texas
After a week or so Weather Plus is no longer working for me... (looks like an update might have done me in) http://pastebin.com/s5AVktMY but the default weather does work. Note: I'm Canadian, so just the standard sat view is fine.. (which still works along with the present temp).

looks like the problem starts line:~705, I have un-installed and re-installed the plugin to be sure.

Re-installed from older zip, seems to work again...
PatK Wrote:After a week or so Weather Plus is no longer working for me... (looks like an update might have done me in) http://pastebin.com/s5AVktMY but the default weather does work.

Thanks for your bug report. I'll work on it.
[UPDATE] v.1.1.10

Fixed : Current Visibility Bug

repo. : http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/svn/pa...addons.zip
brightsr Wrote:Thanks for your bug report. I'll work on it.
100% it was the update... I had it on auto-updates and it wrote over the previous, again it failed. I re-installed from the earlier zip and all is well. I've toggle off auto-updates until this issues goes away or you want me to try another kick at the can.
I have only one question:

How the HELL do we get some smooth jazz playing in the background of this plugin? Rolleyes

Seriously though, anyone else want this but me?
branlr Wrote:I have only one question:

How the HELL do we get some smooth jazz playing in the background of this plugin? Rolleyes

I like this idea! Have it fad in and out. And have it locally or pull from a server, but it might be easier to have it locally as a mp3 and have more control over it. A 4meg (or less if compressed), shouldn't be too bad on the file size of the skin.
branlr Wrote:I have only one question:

You should be able to pick whatever you want from your music/playlist collection then back-up to the home screen and choose weather.... instant satisfaction. The real trick is trying to get a transparent weather screen over a now playing movie, you need two programs and windows 7 for that.
anyone know the fix for the AM/PM issue on the hourly forecast where it shows everything as AM

thanks all
Ok whats the secret?
I have installed the Weather.com+ for Dharma and upgraded to 1.1.10....but everything still looks the same. I found the "install map pack" in configuration but how do you get the maps, radar etc to display?

Forgive me is this is a noob question but I can't figure it out
[UPDATE] v.1.1.11

-fixed : Hourly AM/PM bug

Repo. : http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/svn/pa...addons.zip
NOT_U Wrote:Ok whats the secret?
I have installed the Weather.com+ for Dharma and upgraded to 1.1.10....but everything still looks the same. I found the "install map pack" in configuration but how do you get the maps, radar etc to display?

If you mean you can't get any features of the add-on, you need to install a skin which is supporting this add-on, (e.g., Transparency!) or a MOD for your current skin.

Or if you mean "install map pack" is not working, please ask giftie who updated that.
NOT_U Wrote:Ok whats the secret?

Forgive me is this is a noob question but I can't figure it out

Go to System-> Weather and select the Weather setting - change it to Weather.com+ for Dharma
I'm running this on Confluence under Win 7 and XBMCLive. It works great. The "install map pack" works too.

This addon really should be part of the std release, it's that good.
TugboatBill Wrote:I'm running this on Confluence under Win 7 and XBMCLive. It works great. The "install map pack" works too.

This addon really should be part of the std release, it's that good.

Thanks for using this add-on, I'm happy to hear that yours is working well!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23