Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Transparency! - v0.27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
I believe this is the first skin available for XBMC utilizing fanart for the "Now Playing" view. I have been looking forward to this feature for a long time. And the rest of the skin also looks amazing! It is now definetly my new default!
tikkiew Wrote:I have the same problem with the left vertical menu.
I am from the Netherlands.
I can find word with 20 characters on the left.
And on the home menu the biggest word for me got 12 characters

ok, bedankt voor de info! ;-)

tikkiew Wrote:On the xbox for 4x3 tv I increased the font.xml size by 4.
here you can download the font.xml.
Only problem I have than is with the left menu,but I already had this without increasing the font.

thanx for the file, i'm sure it'll save other 4x3 users some time figuring things out.
i'll see what i can do about the home menu and left menu buttons. i have a few ideas about it, but still have to try if it will work.

edit:
Just tried your fonts and it looks pretty good. I'll add your settings to the skins fonts.xml,
so with the next update everybody will be able to use them.
is it possible to integrate the end-time mod ? (end time display in the video player controls bar).

I have to say I love this feature of the aeon skin (nice clean graphics too) and I would love to see it integrated in yours.

keep up the good work !
ronie Wrote:Maybe i'll change those icons to animated gifs instead of separate png files. That should be a lot easier on the cpu. I also have the feeling that it's constantly reading from the harddisk when displaying one of the animated icons.

Lol, yeah...shame on me again. It'll be fixed in the next release of course.

Looking forward to those fixes. Thanks for putting them on your todo-list.

I'm glad you came up with this mod, Ronie. I've used a lot of skins lately and at the end of the road i was back at PM3.HD, because it's so "lightweight" and functional for the xbox platform. It's kinda funny: you redesigned it in a way, i was trying to mock up in my head Smile

May i suggest ditching those "selected menu item" boxes in the main menu? I think a fading/highlighted "selected menu item" fits the skin better.
Big_Ben Wrote:is it possible to integrate the end-time mod ? (end time display in the video player controls bar).

I have to say I love this feature of the aeon skin (nice clean graphics too) and I would love to see it integrated in yours.

keep up the good work !

thanx, i'll put the end-time mod on my list. might take some time to get it right as i probably have to re-do the entire VideoOSD to make something nice out of it.
dynamix Wrote:Looking forward to those fixes. Thanks for putting them on your todo-list.

so far, i've made the animated weather icons optional, turning them into animated gifs is still on the list. i'm almost done with making the menu buttons a bit wider so non-english users should have less problems with those.
I guess i'll put up a new version for download this weekend.

dynamix Wrote:I'm glad you came up with this mod, Ronie. I've used a lot of skins lately and at the end of the road i was back at PM3.HD, because it's so "lightweight" and functional for the xbox platform. It's kinda funny: you redesigned it in a way, i was trying to mock up in my head Smile

May i suggest ditching those "selected menu item" boxes in the main menu? I think a fading/highlighted "selected menu item" fits the skin better.

i just played around with it for a while, but so far the results are not looking that great to me. biggest problem is if you only use a pulsating fade-out/fade-in, the effect is hardly noticeable against dark backgrounds.
I'm looking forward to the update!
A quick question: I have noticed that if you go directly into songs, the music fanart is not activated. It is only activated when you drill down either from Artist, or Album. Is this a feature of XBMC, or the skin? Again, thanks!
thomash72 Wrote:I'm looking forward to the update!
A quick question: I have noticed that if you go directly into songs, the music fanart is not activated. It is only activated when you drill down either from Artist, or Album. Is this a feature of XBMC, or the skin? Again, thanks!

Support for fanart in the music library is a bit limited in XBMC. Here's what it comes down to:
1) If you start browsing by artist, it will show fanart even if you browse down to the album and song level.
2) If you start browsing by albums, it's not possible to display fanart in the album view, but if you browse down to songs it's possible by using the workaround explained below.
3) If you start browsing by songs, XBMC also has no build in way to display fanart, but in Transparency! i've tried to work around this by looking for a fanart.jpg image in the artist folder.

This workaround won't work if you're either using one of xbmc's build-in scrapers to fetch fanart, or if you're using artistname-fanart.jpg instead of just fanart.jpg.

So for this to work, your directory structure should be similar to this:
music\artist\fanart.jpg
music\artist\album\songs.mp3

Now if i understand you correctly Music>Album>Songs does work, but Music>Songs doesn't ?
That's strange...if one way works, the other should work to.
Hi
Really love this skin but I cant seem to get it to give it a bunch of images in a directory and have it choose a randon one from them for one of the Videos section background. It's working just fine in the settings - I choose the directory and the preview cycles through the images just fine. When I get out of the settings screen and get back to the videos section on the home page, the original (non-cycled) image is still there.
I've chosen multiple images, of course, and refreshed the skin by re launching XBMC.
What am I doing wrong?

Sad

UPDATE
Sorry for posting, I just read that there's an issue with this at the moment. I'll wait for the next update!
Fantastic skin though!!
ronie Wrote:so far, i've made the animated weather icons optional, turning them into animated gifs is still on the list. i'm almost done with making the menu buttons a bit wider so non-english users should have less problems with those.
I guess i'll put up a new version for download this weekend.

i just played around with it for a while, but so far the results are not looking that great to me. biggest problem is if you only use a pulsating fade-out/fade-in, the effect is hardly noticeable against dark backgrounds.

What's the chance of getting an uncompiled version? I would like to play around with the Home Menu buttons, as I have a kind of different menu layout. Also, If you get a chance it would be REALLY NICE if there were separate Home Menu buttons for Movies & TV Shows that go to the library mode. I also use the Videos button to go directly to the "files" view.

I didn't think anyone would top to PM3_HD skin, but you are REAL close!!!

Transpareny rocks dude!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin
Homey Wrote:Hi
Really love this skin but I cant seem to get it to give it a bunch of images in a directory and have it choose a randon one from them for one of the Videos section background. It's working just fine in the settings - I choose the directory and the preview cycles through the images just fine. When I get out of the settings screen and get back to the videos section on the home page, the original (non-cycled) image is still there.
I've chosen multiple images, of course, and refreshed the skin by re launching XBMC.
What am I doing wrong?

Sad

UPDATE
Sorry for posting

I'm glad you did though. I was aware of the problems with Movies and TVShows on the homepage, but after your reply i had another look and noticed another issue with backgrounds for the Videos section.

So thanx for the report. :-)
Moseby99 Wrote:What's the chance of getting an uncompiled version? I would like to play around with the Home Menu buttons, as I have a kind of different menu layout.

Sure, my bad really. I should have made the sources available from the start. I'll upload them asap.

Moseby99 Wrote:Also, If you get a chance it would be REALLY NICE if there were separate Home Menu buttons for Movies & TV Shows that go to the library mode.

There's already an option to add Movies and TVShows to the home menu, those button should take you straight to the Movies and TVShows sections of the Video library.
Or maybe i'm missing your point?

Moseby99 Wrote:I also use the Videos button to go directly to the "files" view.

There's been a request for this before, so i guess i should come up with a proper solutions for those who prefer filemode for Videos. I'll add it to the to-do list.
Ziet er scherp uit Ronnie !!

Ha, we have the same weather location.
Waffa Wrote:Ziet er scherp uit Ronnie !!

Ha, we have the same weather location.

oh, dan is het bij jou net opgehouden met regenen zeker ? ;-)
Update - Transparency! v0.23 now available

Most important changes:
- Fixed crash on xbox when opening System Info
- Fixed custom backgrounds for Videos, Movies, TV Shows
- Added 'restart xbmc', 'filemanager' and 'system info' to Shutdown Menu
- Added made Shutdown Menu fully customizable:
Settings > Skin Settings > Shutdown
- Added bigger fonts for users with a 4x3 crt screen (thanx tikkiew):
Settings > Appearance > Look & Feel > Fonts (pick one of the 4x3 fonts)
- Added option for wider Home Menu Buttons for non-english users:
Settings > Skin Settings > Home Window > Wide Home Menu Buttons
- Added option for wider Side Menu Buttons for non-english users:
Settings > Skin Settings > General > Wide Side Menu Buttons
- Added option to have Games on the Home Menu

Transparency! v0.23 is available for download here.

Full list of changes:
- fixed window title width
- fixed custom backgrounds for videos section
- added wide side menu buttons
- added dvd case to fullscreen video info
- added pulse on select for settings icons
- changed made focused sidebutton more transparent
- added custom shutdown menu
- added wide home menu buttons
- added bigger fonts (thanx tikkiew)
- fixed custom backgrounds for movies in home
- fixed custom backgrounds for tvshows in home
- fixed scrolling labels on home menu
- fixed scrolling labels in 3d coverflow
- fixed scrolling of info in fanart view
- fixed bug in SettingsSystemInfo.xml which caused the xbox to crash
- fixed wrong weather icon for day3 was displayed
- added hibernate to shutdown menu
- added games to home menu
- added skin version to system info
- changed exit function for xbox on shutdown menu
- changed animated weather icons are optional now
- changed made background for fanart info slightly darker
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38