Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What determines the default view mode?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As in when you select something for the first time?

EDIT: Is it just the lowest numbered view ID?
50 is really the default view mode for everything but you change view for certain sections in the library by excluding them with <visible> conditions
If you are switching to a new skin then I think it depends on the views you used in the previous skin (if you have XBMC set up to remember views)

50 would be the default view if you're opening up a brand new installation of XBMC
That's strange because Aeon's List view is '50' but when I open up a a new TV show to watch using the iPlayer plugin it always defaults to Showcase (which doesn't look that good because there's only one or two thumbs on show).
Are you using a brand new clean installation of XBMC? If not then the views you used in the previous skin will apply.

Try deleting/renaming the userdata folder and see if that has any effect?
Wouldn't it just be guisettings.xml?
and ViewModes.db?
I always thought the default one is the first one in the <view>50,51,52</view> as when you change this the view order changies.
It also depends on visible conditions in the views themselves, and ofcourse what your default view mode is set to in ViewModes.db (and/or guisettings.xml for the library views)
jmarshall Wrote:It also depends on visible conditions in the views themselves, and ofcourse what your default view mode is set to in ViewModes.db (and/or guisettings.xml for the library views)

This - <defaultlibview pathversion="1">MovieTitles</defaultlibview>?
wtf. why is that a pathversion 1?

edit: looking at the code we use GetPath() for some reason, which appeared at r17509. jmarshall; care to explain?
Theoretically it could be set to Q:\userdata\playlists\music perhaps. I'm kinda grasping at straws though :p

That's the default path, not the default view though. You want <viewmode> - there'll be a bunch of them for the different levels.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Thanks, that's it.