Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fanart und Co
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have
- Babylon 9.04
- Aeon Stark

- Following Directory Structure
|_Der_Nebel
|_ Der Nebel-fanart.jpg
|_ Der Nebel.nfo
|_ Der Nebel.tbn
|_ VIDEO_TS
| _ *vob
|_ fanart.jpg
|_ folder.jpg
|_ movie.nfo

The *jpg *tbn *nfo Files were automaticly added by MedioInfoPlus. Database is disabled because for Germany Titles the automatic search is too surprising. I like to make Cover Picture / Fanart and Info Files by myself ( with MediaInfoPlus )

XBMC Database File has been deleted

Now, the "Blades" are filled with the right Cover, but no Fanart is shown ( as Backdrop ) and no Info ( pressing Info Button ) is availible

Any Help ? Do I need Database / Database Mode anyway / any Subdirectories ?

Thanks
Too surprising? Please elaborate with examples so we can try to fix it.

Btw.. VIDEO_TS-fanart.jpg in VIDEO_TS folder.
>> Too surprising? ...
I mean, too often the wrong Title has been found. When you search for "Spawn" or "Wall.E" for example its clear, and the right Title is shown. But the (automatic) search for "Die Geschichte vom Brandner Kaspar" or "So finster die Nacht" or "Der Nebel" bullshit was found. ( And no Chance for Choice or Correct it )

Much more better to do it my own

>> Btw ... VIDEO_TS-fanart.jpg in VIDEO_TS folder.
The Forum Software destroy my formatting. VIDEO_TS is the default Subfolder of an DVD Copy where the vob media Files can be found. And there is no VIDEO_TS-fanart.jpg File at all.

I try to make it clear

ParentDir:
|_Der_Nebel
Fanart Files
|__ Der Nebel-fanart.jpg
|__ Der Nebel.nfo
|__ Der Nebel.tbn
|__ fanart.jpg
|__ folder.jpg
|__ movie.nfo
Subdir:
|__ VIDEO_TS
Mediafiles
|____ *vob
Can't confirm. All named movies scanned fine using the current filmstarts.de scraper. If the results do not match you needs you can easily do a manual lookup (bottom left on PM3.HD).

Why do you keep a subdirectory of the VIDEO_TS stuff? Just to keep it clean from other files? Unfortunately there's nothing you can do except placing given files into the VIDEO_TS folder named VIDEO_TS.nfo, VIDEO_TS.tbn, VIDEO_TS-fanart.jpg. Reason for this is our current stacking code which needs to be re-factored.
>>Can't confirm
Hmmm, OK then. Maybe I try again with filmstarts.de ( used IMDB )

>> Why do you keep a subdirectory of the VIDEO_TS stuff
I most often use DVD Copies of the Main Movie ( as DVD or files on HardDisk ). If some use a "real" DVD Player and there is no VIDEO_TS Directory containing the Media Files, the Movie will not be played. So my Idea was presenting XBMC the some Structure => Parent Directory with the Name of the Movie ( for me ) and a Sub Directory VIDEO_TS containing the Media Files ( for the player ). And this worked for me ( without fanart ). So, untill now, there was no need to change it

>> ... except placing given files into the VIDEO_TS folder named VIDEO_TS.nfo ....
OK, thats what I want to know. Fanart Files must have the same Name+Ext as the Parent Directory.

Thanks, I'll try this