Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Show is adding to Movies Library - HELP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I'm going to go ahead and apologize for being a newbie, but I am so....sorry.

My movies are being added fine, but I have one tv show/episode that I CANNOT get to work correctly (the only one I have tried acutally). I cannot get it to show up and when I add it manually to the library it places it under 'movies' instead of tv shows, even though I have the folder's content set to TV Shows.

Here is how I have my media folder set up:

XBMC Media (Folder)
- Movies (Folder)
- Movie 1 (Folder)
- movie1.mov
- Movie 2
- Tv Shows (Folder)
- Fringe (Folder)
- Fringe.s01.e18.avi
- tvshow.nfo
- (fanart (.jpg's and .tbn's))

When I added my source for TV shows I added 2 locations, at the same time, and named the combined 2 sources TV Shows (so only see one TV shows option under my sources...I used 'C:/XBMC Media/TV Shows 2' and 'I:/XBMC Media/TV Shows'), as I added EACH I set the content to 'tv shows' and checked NONE of the three options. I left the default scraper.

I then double checked the two sources after adding and I confirmed that I have 'set content' on the movies folder to 'movies' and on the TV Shows folder to 'tv shows'. I can browse inside TV Shows under my 'videos' section and see the Fringe folder inside TV Shows (I did not SET CONTENT on this folder - I left alone), and in that folder is my episode, but no matter how I proceed, I cannot get the episode to show under TV Shows library.

I can get the Fringe folder to appear, but it will show up saying '0 Episodes' (I do this by right-clicking on the Fringe folder and looking at info - this adds the folder, but not the episode to the library). If I click on the actual fringe episode under videos/tv shows/fringe, then tell it to add it to the library manually, it adds it to movies.

I could be making a newb mistake...very likely...but I have read over the online manual and either am misunderstanding the instructions, missing a step, or something is just not working right for me...I need help someone. PLEASE help a girl out!!!

Thanks!!

Stacy

PS.... I wanted to add that I am using XBMC on my PC with Windows Vista 64 bit.
I just wanted to clarify my folder setup, as I see it did not post as clearly as I typed it originally (no tab spaces)

XBMC Media (Folder)
--- Movies (Folder)
---------- Movie 1 (Folder)
---------------- movie1.mov
---------- Movie 2
--- Tv Shows (Folder)
---------- Fringe (Folder)
---------------- Fringe.s01.e18.avi
---------------- tvshow.nfo
---------------- (fanart (.jpg's and .tbn's))

I also just added the 'advancedsettings.xml' file to my user data that adds more regex or whatever....

and now have tried my TV shows folder like this...but still no luck.

Tv Shows
---Fringe
-------Season 1
-----------fringe.118.avi (is Fringe Season 1 Episode 18)

Have tried just about every possible combination on 'set content' and folder layouts, but have ZERO luck. Every time I look under videos/tv shows/fringe...it shows '0' episodes, so will not add the episode to my tv show library.

Please someone help before I lose my sanity.

Thanks.
stacycmc Wrote:I just wanted to clarify my folder setup, as I see it did not post as clearly as I typed it originally (no tab spaces)

XBMC Media (Folder)
--- Movies (Folder)
---------- Movie 1 (Folder)
---------------- movie1.mov
---------- Movie 2
--- Tv Shows (Folder)
---------- Fringe (Folder)
---------------- Fringe.s01.e18.avi
---------------- tvshow.nfo
---------------- (fanart (.jpg's and .tbn's))

I also just added the 'advancedsettings.xml' file to my user data that adds more regex or whatever....

and now have tried my TV shows folder like this...but still no luck.

Tv Shows
---Fringe
-------Season 1
-----------fringe.118.avi (is Fringe Season 1 Episode 18)

Have tried just about every possible combination on 'set content' and folder layouts, but have ZERO luck. Every time I look under videos/tv shows/fringe...it shows '0' episodes, so will not add the episode to my tv show library.

Please someone help before I lose my sanity.

Thanks.
I name mine like this and it does work Fawlty towers/Season 2/02x04 - The Kipper & The Corpse.avi
In your case Fringe/season 1/01x18.avi all my tv shows are named in this manner and i have had no problems having them scraped or added to my library. But i use movie info plus to scrape them then i scan them in to the library manually it's more faffy but it works for me ok.Smile try it you aint got nothing to lose except your sanityLaugh
The tvshow.nfo is most likely to be the problem.

Get rid of it. Set content to None. Set content back to tvshows, use thetvdb.com scraper. Your advancedsettings.xml may be screwing with things as well - you do not need it as the defaults will deal with that episode naming.

Ofcourse, we're guessing because you have not done a Debug Log during a scan.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Ok, so I'm a newb to this....I warned you.

I don't know if I did this correctly, but I 'think' this is the log of debugging you are requesting... I tried to read on how to do this, so if this is not right, sorry.

http://pastebin.com/m477ff120

Quote:The tvshow.nfo is most likely to be the problem.

I have deleted my the tv shows library numerous times and tried to start all over and redo, but I it never seems to work. I will try it again....deleting the tvshow.nfo file now.

I will try again in a minute and let you know what happens....

Quote: try it you aint got nothing to lose except your sanity

I think that is gone already. I have spent HOURS trying to do this. Many hours over several days, LOL. I tried TONS of naming schemes, and none seem to work. I tried the one you said, but still nothing. Tv Shows/Fringe/Season 1/1x18.avi ...and nothing.

Quote:Your advancedsettings.xml may be screwing with things as well

Problem with that is, that I only added the advancedsettings.xml file as a last line hoping it would work. I have tried it a tons of times tons of different ways before I ever added that file, and had no luck. That is the only reason I added it all, hoping it may help.

I am desperate....was willing to try just about anything.
ALRIGHT!!!!

Jmarshall, you are the bomb-diggity.....

I followed ur instructions, and perhaps it was the tvshow.nfo file. I deleted it and renamed everything like I had it previously. Removed my tvshows from sources...readded them, and walaaa!!! I have ONE episode in fringe....awesome.

I really am liking you a lot right now jm..... Big Grin

One more question, after I click on Fringe, Season 1 (1 Episode), it says Midnight (which is the name of season 1 episode 18), but beside Midnight it says 18 Episodes ....

does it mean episode 18, or is it still doing something funky?? It shows midnight like it does season 1....same way, not sure...

Here is the debug for run 2 as well so maybe it will explain what it means by 18 Episodes.....

http://pastebin.com/m3103a9b0

Thanks again....in advance, and thanks big time JMarshall and the rest of you for the advice earlier. I was pulling out my hair!!!
Glad you got it going Smile

You're using Mediastream, so just change the view type (press RIGHT then click on "episodes") and you'll get rid of that funny view you have at the episode level.

Cheers,
Jonathan