Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [XBOX] Does all skins work in XBMC for Xbox?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello everyone. ihad never experimented with screens before. so when i accidently stumbled on the alternative skin in the default xbmc install, it aroused my curiousity. So I went berserk and download a bunch of skins over the web. The problem, I can't get them to work.

Is there anything I need to do besides simply unzip as a folder under "skin" folder of my xbmc install?

Regards.
No. Tons are probably outdated and unmaintained though. Make sure you don't have something like skins/skinname/skinname instead of skins/skinname. Also, keep in mind that some skins were in no way meant to ever run on Xbox and thus use way too much memory, YMMV.
althekiller Wrote:No. Tons are probably outdated and unmaintained though. Make sure you don't have something like skins/skinname/skinname instead of skins/skinname. Also, keep in mind that some skins were in no way meant to ever run on Xbox and thus use way too much memory, YMMV.

Please tell me there is a url where I can go get Skins that are compatible with XBox ?

Thanks in advance.
No, there is none that I know of, but that is a good idea. In each skin formun you will probably find a "lite" version of each of the skins you can try on the xbox.
or just try some from my collection in my signature Smile
Skin that works flawlessly on the xbox: MiniMeedia Smile
xbs08 Wrote:Skin that works flawlessly on the xbox: MiniMeedia Smile

Best skin
Yep, MiniMeedia is a superskin and works perfect on xbox.
Best skin overall if you ask me.
you can get tons of good working xbmc skins for the xbox using this ..

http://s205077464.onlinehome.fr/index.php
The following all work great on my Xbox, though none of them can handle x264 encoded stuff (which Project Mayhem III can):

MiniMeedia
MediaStream (latest builds not the official 1.0 one, check their forum)
Aeon Lite for Xbox (Paul's one)
Focus Alpha 6c

And obviously, Project Mayhem III (the default one).

One way to get things to work is to resize all your fanart to 960x540. Makes a big difference for me.
There's not really any point in listing skins that work. They could all well be broken by the time you hit submit...
I tried some Media Center Skin. And now I have a blue background with "Start" in the middle of my 4:3 TV. Why doesn't XBMC have a preview feature instead of immediately changing to the selected skin?

Anyways, I need to know which configuration file the skin selection has been stored so I can revert back to original skin. Right now I cannot access and "Settings" from the skin I'm on.

Please help.
rashid420 Wrote:I tried some Media Center Skin. And now I have a blue background with "Start" in the middle of my 4:3 TV. Why doesn't XBMC have a preview feature instead of immediately changing to the selected skin?

Anyways, I need to know which configuration file the skin selection has been stored so I can revert back to original skin. Right now I cannot access and "Settings" from the skin I'm on.

Please help.

paraphrased from the wiki: hold down both thumbsticks while booting up to revert to default settings including skin.
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=User_Interface_Settings
tomh Wrote:The following all work great on my Xbox, though none of them can handle x264 encoded stuff (which Project Mayhem III can):

MiniMeedia
MediaStream (latest builds not the official 1.0 one, check their forum)
Aeon Lite for Xbox (Paul's one)
Focus Alpha 6c

And obviously, Project Mayhem III (the default one).

One way to get things to work is to resize all your fanart to 960x540. Makes a big difference for me.

Okay, the four you mentioned all work. Just one problem. I liked Aeon the best. Now I didn't try this with the other 3 at all. But I have confirmed that with Aeon, I can no longer play any videos. WTF?
Because it uses too damn much memory. Which is why the *lite* version is in the list, not the full one. Even that may use too damn much memory Smile
Pages: 1 2