Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Luemmel's DVD-Ripper (Script) for Linux, Mac, and Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Hello users

As I said here ....

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=5...post558339

I guess the release 0.6C will be the last version that is implemented as a script ....

I search a good name for the ripper ....

xbmc-addon-ripper or
BDripper (Blueray and DVD ripper)
swissarmy-knife

Suggestion are welcome .... (The 3 names above are my personal favorites..)

If I do start the change to a addon ... I need beta-testers ..

Hans
linuxluemmel Wrote:Hello users

As I said here ....

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=5...post558339

I guess the release 0.6C will be the last version that is implemented as a script ....

I search a good name for the ripper ....

xbmc-addon-ripper or
BDripper (Blueray and DVD ripper)
swissarmy-knife

Suggestion are welcome .... (The 3 names above are my personal favorites..)

If I do start the change to a addon ... I need beta-testers ..

Hans

Hi Hans,

I would be more than happy to test this because this is one feature i'm after
AuXBoX Wrote:Hi Hans,

I would be more than happy to test this because this is one feature i'm after

http://code.google.com/p/swiss-army-knife/

Project created ... But in the moment I do finish 0.6C

Did you test the shell scripts ? Did they run as they should ?

Regards
Hans
any ideas on my issue?
$ ./blueray-chapter.sh /dev/sr0 - Worked OK

$ ./blueray-transcode.sh /dev/sr0 /dvdrip 300 1 - Worked OK afer creating the proper /dvdrip directory path and correcting permissions

$ ./state.sh - Error
Usage: state.sh p1

[p1] device

state.sh was called with wrong argument

**** All this was with a SD dvd.
cauzeneffeckt Wrote:any ideas on my issue?

Is it may the same issue as here ....

Code:
Comment by tonysut,  May 02, 2010

Hi Guys. First just wanted to say thanks for a wondeful script. Much appreciated !!

As a side note, for all windows users having problems with the "script error" after the initial install, this is due to the spaces in the path statement. I chose the mobile setting when installing and allowed it to default to the "Program Files" folder. (doesn't like that space in there.) once I uninstalled XBMC and reinstalled it somewhere else ( I chose C:\XBMC ) then reinstalled your script it worked like a champ the first time and never looked back. I took me about 2 hours to figure that out. :( Maybe this will help other windows users get up to speed quicker.

thanks for all of your hard work. Tony

Regards
Hans

PS : All Windows related parts are bit hard to resolve . On my new Notebook I only installed Linux
speed32219 Wrote:$ ./blueray-chapter.sh /dev/sr0 - Worked OK

$ ./blueray-transcode.sh /dev/sr0 /dvdrip 300 1 - Worked OK afer creating the proper /dvdrip directory path and correcting permissions

$ ./state.sh - Error
Usage: state.sh p1

[p1] device

state.sh was called with wrong argument

**** All this was with a SD dvd.

Thank you very mutch ;-)

./state.sh /dev/sr0 should run fine ....

I have now 2 Questions.

1.) Did you install the debian files from my script ?
2.) Are you running a 32 or a 64 system ?

Regards from switzerland
Hans
32bit

Installed the required lib's you posted
(apt-get install lynx build-essential libc6-dev libssl-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libqt4-dev libbz2-1.0 libgcc1 libstdc++6 zlib1g)

Sorry, I did not install the debian files from your script, I already had makemkv1.56 installed.
Thanks for the info ....

There are at least 33 downloads of the package with the blue-ray functions ...
But unitil now there is no feedback about 64 systems ....

CU Hans
I have a spare 4GB cf-card and if I get a chance this weekend I will give it a whirl. Been wanting to see if there might be a performance improvement on my ION. And I will start from scratch and use the debs also. It would be nice to have this run in the background and provide a volume name.

Just finsihed installing Lucid and working on Alsa 1.0.23, what a pain. But interesting news from Adobe, they are dropping support for 64 bit OS's. Gee thanks a million, so this is just going to be a look at lucid, after this going back to karmic or earlier, that darn grub 1.97 beta coupled with a PIA Usplash, is enough for me and I haven't even looked at 1.98 or 2.0 if available. (That's with XBMCbuntu minimal install with no GDM or theme mangers present) Oh, yeah, I found out that the latest Nvidia drivers supported under Lucid is 185. The others casue major problems according to my reading. I tried the NV 256 release but it stopped dead, crashed/burned. Yep, stable 32 bit workstations and htpc's for me. I wonder if I should go back to intrepid or even hardy. Smile

first off fixed NV 256 not loading, buried in these forums was info on blacklisting drivers and making sure xinit is not running. I followed instructions and nv installed. Everything so far working, but have not tried adobe 10.x flash with firefox yet.

Errors with deb using 64 bit.
makemkv-v1.5.6-beta-bin_20100613-1_i386.deb

package architecture (i386) does not match system (amd64)
Errors were encountered while processing:

Other than the deb package error, the other shell scripts work fine, except for the path to Titile01.mkv which puts it in the root directory.
speed32219 Wrote:Errors with deb using 64 bit.
makemkv-v1.5.6-beta-bin_20100613-1_i386.deb

package architecture (i386) does not match system (amd64)
Errors were encountered while processing:

Other than the deb package error, the other shell scripts work fine, except for the path to Titile01.mkv which puts it in the root directory.

Thanks for the info ... I will integrate a release for 64 ....

I allready made some success with my new addon ...

Regards
Hans
Hans that is looking really nice can't wait to try it
AuXBoX Wrote:Hans that is looking really nice can't wait to try it
The current state of the addon-is here
http://code.google.com/p/swiss-army-knif...#svn/trunk
Changelog
http://code.google.com/p/swiss-army-knif...ngelog.txt
But I allready created a subject for my new addon.I guess futher discussion should be there ..
Fur users that would like to use theyr own shell-scripts I wrote a File-API.
http://code.google.com/p/swiss-army-knife/wiki/API

Regards Hans
luemmel, i tried to hint at it earlier but i'll say it straight out now. there is NO SUCH THING as a blueray. they are called bluray's.
spiff Wrote:luemmel, i tried to hint at it earlier but i'll say it straight out now. there is NO SUCH THING as a blueray. they are called bluray's.
Yes ... But by now you are responsible for the next 3 hours because I have headach ...Laugh
Hans
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44