Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Luemmel's DVD-Ripper (Script) for Linux, Mac, and Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
i have a htpc with minimal karmic installed, and i used "xbox complete installer" to install xbmc.
can i use the swiss army knife on my settup?
I would test it ....
The debian files for handbrake and makemkv are only tested with lucid.
If the provided debian files do not run with karmic, you can download the src-files
and compile them for karmic.
Regards Hans
First of all great effort on this tool. I hope to be able to contribute with this project.

I'm not understanding the MakeMKV license instructions as shown on previous posts. I installed the SAK (Swiss-Army-Knife) I executed the program and get the error message. "License expired"
I followed instructions on post. See Below:

[email]master@XBMCLive:~/.MakeMK[/email]V$ ls -al
total 44
drwxr-xr-x 2 master master 4096 2010-11-23 13:40 .
drwxr-xr-x 567 master master 32768 2010-11-23 16:12 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 master master 106 2010-11-23 13:40 settings.conf
[email]master@XBMCLive:~/.MakeMK[/email]V$ cat settings.conf
#
# MakeMKV settings file, written by MakeMKV v1.6.1 linux(x86-release)
#

app_UpdateLastCheck = "14926"

Two questions.
A. There is no key shown. Why?
B. Im not understanding the process of inserting a new key.
A'm I suppose to modify the settings.conf file?
Hello 86themachine

Welcome to the forum .-)

You can insert the new key with the gui ....
start makemkv gui with

makemkv -> open help -> Register

Give in the registation code you have ....

If you don't purchased a makemkv licence you have to look for a licence key
every month here :

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

I do not show any real key inside the file .... In the example I show you a possible key but this key is not a valid key

Code:
#
# MakeMKV settings file, written by MakeMKV v1.6.2 linux(x86-release)
#

app_Key = "XXXXnEanheuLvAzLpEjELkIURXXXDPWsQEEiWvQXXXPiBTuXXGj9u7HzWDWDPBRZcG5C"
app_UpdateLastCheck = "14914"

BTW I purchased a key ....

Greetings Hans
I allready have packages for version 1.6.2 on my project download-side
Hello,

Im getting this error when I run the command from a ssh terminal or directly in XBMC:

master@XBMCLive:~$ makemkv -> open help -> Register
makemkv: cannot connect to X server

I plan on buying a license as well. I don"t want to enter a new one in every month.
Hello,

Im getting this error when I run the command from a ssh terminal or directly in XBMC:

I plan on buying a license as well. I don"t want to enter a new one in every month. Use a sftp program to access the MakeMKV registration file and insert your key.

SOLVED: Use a sftp program to access the registration file and insert the key.
Hans, I have the latest version running under Maverick 10.10, and I just ran into a slight problem.

I had changed my user name and pasword for XBMC/Networking for a whole house remote control using an android device. I just tried to backup HD-DVE to my NAS so I can setup my TV's properly. The system just sat here with the networking ICON running at top of screen, after inital hit on the BD drive. I looked into the SAK/SSH/Output log and here is what was in there.

The error I encountered stated that SAK could not open port 51000. After some digging I realized that I changed my XBMC Network userid and password for the new android access to something different than my main XBMC userid/passwd combo. Changed it back to what I use to auto login to xbmc and that fixed it.

Note: XBMC main login and networking user ID's and Passwords must Match. Hmm, maybe if I setup antoher userid with ssh login to match the networking userid/pwd in XBMC networking that might fix it.
Ripped my first Blu-RayLaugh on SAK. to the default directory.
The default location for the finished rip is on the system drive. This drive holds the OS and is to small to hold more than 2 blu-rays.
I tried moving the file which is 39gb to a larger storage drive.
Half way through copy it stops. Error: One or more files could not be copied.
I tried this several times. I checked the directory to make sure it is writable and it is. So I decided to change the default rip location in the SAk add on. Once I changed the location I verified I could write to it. Confirmed. Then I proceeded to rip the same blu-ray to the new default location. Half way through the rip the error appeared again.

Any ideas on this?
86themachine Wrote:Hello,

I plan on buying a license as well. I don"t want to enter a new one in every month.

If you want to register, just go to the makemkv.com site and proably there is a link there. They will email you your key within minutes after paying.

Then from your home directory, cd to .MakeMKV and edit settings.conf.

add a line starting with
app_Key = "Your Key HERE"

Save and your done or put the free 30 key there I guess.
Hello linuxluemmel
Today has decided to work with your script for dvd, but in the terminal has received such message

vi-bo@vi-bo-laptop: ~ $ cd ~/.xbmc/addons/script.video.swiss.army.knife/shell-linux
vi-bo@vi-bo-laptop: ~/.xbmc/addons/script.video.swiss.army.knife/shell-linux $ sudo./setup.sh vi-bo
[sudo] password for vi-bo:
sudo:./setup.sh: command not found
vi-bo@vi-bo-laptop: ~/.xbmc/addons/script.video.swiss.army.knife/shell-linux $
Please prompt in what my error.
Hello linuxluemmel
Today has decided to work with your script for dvd, but in the terminal has received such message

vi-bo@vi-bo-laptop: ~ $ cd ~/.xbmc/addons/script.video.swiss.army.knife/shell-linux
vi-bo@vi-bo-laptop: ~/.xbmc/addons/script.video.swiss.army.knife/shell-linux $ sudo./setup.sh vi-bo
sudo:./setup.sh: command not found
vi-bo@vi-bo-laptop: ~/.xbmc/addons/script.video.swiss.army.knife/shell-linux $
Please prompt in what my error.
Could you try to run the folllowing command
cd ~/.xbmc/addons/script.video.swiss.army.knife/shell-linux
sudo -s
Give the password
./setup.sh vi-bo

How did you install ?
svn or over the repository ?

Regards
Hans
Thanks for the answer.
It has turned out here so
vi-bo@vi-bo-laptop: ~/.xbmc/addons/script.video.swiss.army.knife/shell-linux $ sudo-s
root@vi-bo-laptop: ~/.xbmc/addons/script.video.swiss.army.knife/shell-linux #./setup.sh vi-bo
bash:./setup.sh: It is refused access
root@vi-bo-laptop: ~/.xbmc/addons/script.video.swiss.army.knife/shell-linux #

Install from here http://code.google.com/p/luxeria-repository
chmod +x setup.sh
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44