Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Luemmel's DVD-Ripper (Script) for Linux, Mac, and Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Your frustration was mine a few weeks ago. Your Welcome.

An ISO copy is a exact duplicate. Quality is same as quality on the disk.
Normal DVD in ISO format is around 7gb. My ISO's look great and so do the Blu-ray conversions.

In the SAK program is a Progress Display. You have to manually start it.
You will find it in the Job control menu inside the sack program.

Hans he has a good point and its been brought up before. Maybe the progress bar should come up by default and the user can opt to close it manually.

Mike8913 Wrote:Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe executing a sudo apt-get upgrade could potentially corrupt your install.
That's why when I upgrade xbmc a do a targeted upgrade of only the package xbmc (sudo apt-get update -> install xbmc).
Is there a way we can install makemkv without the upgrade string?

I've not had any issues with that, can we get some additional input on this question?
thansk for the quick reply.

My bluray rip finished at 31 GB. I realize its a bluray and by default is quite large, but after some reading around the web about makemkv and handbrake it appears that these mkv's could be compressed much further to approximately 10 gb each?

For instance, my mkv of Avatar is around 5 GB and in my opinion suffers no quality loss (sourced from torrent). Is it possible to change the default compression in the script?
There are many software tools available to reduce the size. This requires a computer.
Try ripping a bunch of DVD's and Blu-Rays with SAK and let us know if you experience any stability issues inside of xbmc.
I'll be ripping many DVD's this week, however I have no blurays so cannot provide much info there.

Only issue I had while ripping the bluray I had on hand was that while ripping my audio died when trying to play local media, xbmc reported a device failure.

My question about file size has to with the script itself. It's my impression that handbrake has the ability to compress mkv's much farther than it is currently set to do. Please comment on this when possible.
sorry for the silly question, but how do I install this in Dharma?

edit: nevermind, I didn't realise it was now an addon, perhaps the first few posts in this thread could be updated?
Hello Fellows ;-)

The parameter to prevent checking for a valid makemkv licence is allready inside svn

http://code.google.com/p/swiss-army-knif...tail?r=437

Please do only enable this parameter if you have a valid makemkv licence-key (not a beta-key from the makekmkv-forum !!!)

Regards
Hans
Hello Hans,
I removed the reference to the MKV license out of the instructions.
Feel free to use the instructions in your program.
I think we should put the instructions or a link to them on the first thread to make it easier for people to find.
Great :-)

Point 5.) needs a few corrections ....

makemkv is part of the setup.sh (Version 0.6.16 do install release 1.6.2 of makemkv)

Please do not install the programm this way as it says !!!!!!!

On my project side are prebuild binarys for 1.6.2 that are downloaded during the execution of setup.sh.

It is more easy to install and uninstall a package as a debian file.

install a debian file dpkg -i name-of-deb
uinstall a debian file dpkg -r name-of-deb

If you cpmpile the souce-code and install the file with make install the local debian system don't care about your installed files .... (Because you bypassed the package-system)
As a long time user of linux I can only advice you that you should never install software this way on a debian based system.

If you need to compile a software from source than create a debian package first with checkinstall !!!

In the moment you install software over make install you produce a mess sooner or later ...

Regards
Hans
trying to run SAK with DVD causes a force restart of xbmc....

no dvd ripping for me today!

Update:

ok, So a few hours later after a suspend ripping a dvd seems to be functions.

it appears as though trying to run a second job after having completed one has a negative effect on SAKs behavior, causing xbmc to restart.

Is there a specific log file I can post for you all. I'm definitely broadcasting a newb alert so let me know where it is located.

2 hours later. . . .

It took me less time to rip Bluray Robin Hood than it is to rip this DVD of Bourne Ultimatum. I can't tell whether its hung or not because the drive LED is still active but the progress bar is stuck.

Also worth noting is that my CPU usage is right around 96 - 98%. . . is that normal? Typical usage when not running this scrip is 7 -24 %
Remove
Mike8913 Wrote:Is there a specific log file I can post for you all. I'm definitely broadcasting a newb alert so let me know where it is located.

Also worth noting is that my CPU usage is right around 96 - 98%. . . is that normal? Typical usage when not running this scrip is 7 -24 %

~/swiss.army.knife/ssh directory contains the output of all shell-scripts
that are executed over ssh.
My Log

You'll see the Bluray finished in about 2.5 hours.

The DVD job I canceled at 3 hours. I was concerned about hardware temps at this point.
86themachine Wrote:Step 3.
Using the xbmc menu go to: SYSTEM- ADD ON'S – GET ADD ON'S – LUXERIA ADD ON'S – PROGRAM ADD ON'S – SWISS ARMY KNIFE

Highlight SWISS ARMY KNIFE and hit the ENTER key.
Select INSTALL then ENTER key
“A message will come up saying “Swiss Army Knife Enabled”

sorry for being a noob, but this doesnt work for me. When I select luxeria addon's It waits for a second or two then presents me with an empty list. did I do something wrong?
Mike8913 Wrote:My Log

You'll see the Bluray finished in about 2.5 hours.

The DVD job I canceled at 3 hours. I was concerned about hardware temps at this point.

A DVD job should be finished within 40 min. It is a guess that your
dvd is copy protected in a way that my script can not detect.
cosmicr Wrote:sorry for being a noob, but this doesnt work for me. When I select luxeria addon's It waits for a second or two then presents me with an empty list. did I do something wrong?

Please try the following :

Code:
wget http://luxeria-repository.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/luxeria/script.video.swiss.army.knife/script.video.swiss.army.knife-0.6.15.zip
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44