Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Anyone use XBMC for Windows on a HP Touchscreen PC ? or any TouchScreen Monitor ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forinstance

Quote:HP Touchsmart IQ524 All-In-One Desktop PC - Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 2GHz, 4GB DDR2, 500GH HDD, DVDRW, 22" LCD, Vista Home Premium 64

I've heard the Touch Screen is not the greatest, but it could be good for XBMC.

I searched the forums but there was not much on this topic.

All insight appreciated. Thanks.
I have a Touchsmart 506i and echo osirisjem's request. I installed the nightly build on mine and am yet to find a skin/interface which can mimic the HP touchsmart interface.

It would be cool if I can just use the provided HP remote and start up only the XBMC and not the entire set of Windows 7 Home Premium code!

Cheers

SR
I use a touch screen to control xbmc I also use IR for one system but I can say the best control is wifi....I have 3 of the touchscreens for systems throughout the house. One touchscreen is a portable, on is docked on the coffee table, and the other is mounted in the wall.

I use Viewsonic v210's to control xbmc, view security cameras and control lights. I went a lil overboard having three but one touchscreen is all you need.

SO far I feel older tablets are perfect for controlling XBMC if you want that fancy feel. I did have to program my own website build however I have a close group of friends who come over and always state they have seen some cool home theater setups but the touchscreens bake the cake.