Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OGG music not being added to library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.
i'm running ubuntu jaunty with xbmc pulled from the svn ppa, as given in the sticky.

trying to scan music in my library gives me a whole lot of this output for all ogg media.

Code:
01:08:54 T:2837937040 M:178020352   DEBUG: Loading: /usr/share/xbmc/system/players/paplayer/vorbisfile-i486-linux.so
01:08:54 T:2837937040 M:178020352   ERROR: Unable to load /usr/share/xbmc/system/players/paplayer/vorbisfile-i486-linux.so, reason: /usr/share/xbmc/system/players/paplayer/vorbisfile-i486-linux.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

now most of my collection being in ogg, it's a bit worrisome.
is this a known issue, and what fix is recommended ?
bump
Posted in trac.
hopefully it will fare better there.
Feels like it's only an oversight.
bump since i'd like to know if others are having the same problem.
bidossessi Wrote:bump since i'd like to know if others are having the same problem.

I don't have any .ogg files in my collection, so feel free to ignore me. ;-)
Just checked and /usr/share/xbmc/system/players/paplayer/vorbisfile-i486-linux.so
is also not available on my system, but it used to be there in older builds.
It disappeared somewhere between r20777 and r20834.

It's not much, but that's all the info i can give you.
@ronie:
i noticed the absence, and i was curious as to wether anyone else has had the issue.
It's kind of a bummer because 90% of my 35GB music collection is in ogg. so i'm holding off updating my pc/tv until i can get some visibility on that.
Like i said, it must have been an oversight, since most devs probabli already have their whole collections scanned in
bidossessi-

Please go easy on the bumps. If you've trac'd it, someone will get to it when possible.

That said, try the patch attached to the ticket.

TheUni