Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Keyboard shortcut for "Zoom amount" slider?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am just looking for way to bring up "zoom amount" slider while in full screen video with just one button press.
I have tried editing Keymap.xml like
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<j>XBMC.ActivateWindow(DialogSlider)</j>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
without any success.
Is it possible?
thanks in advance

-------------------------------------------------------
Big thanks to all devs for creating such nice Media Center !!!
...bump...

I'd like to know too how to set a shortcut key for Zooming in and out of a movie picture...
You can press Z for a start. Otherwise there's no current option.

The average user really doesn't need anything more than this.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Hi!
I know - it's old thread but...
I'm switching from TVedia and looking for some things I used to Smile
For instance, in TVedia during video playback I could call up Zoom command and switch between PRESET options, like 100%, 103% or 133%. It was really useful since I like to watch movies in full screen mode.

Is there any way to create preset zoom options in XBMC?

Should I create new thread?

Thanks!
goldenmeadow Wrote:Hi!
I know - it's old thread but...
I'm switching from TVedia and looking for some things I used to Smile
For instance, in TVedia during video playback I could call up Zoom command and switch between PRESET options, like 100%, 103% or 133%. It was really useful since I like to watch movies in full screen mode.

Is there any way to create preset zoom options in XBMC?

Should I create new thread?

Thanks!

download my keyboard v1.76.xml from my site link in my sig. It has the zoom slider implemented to be used with the MCE remotes channel up/down while watching a video. If you do not have a remote "PageUp" and "PageDown" should do on your keyboard.

Keyboard v1.76 is availavble in the right hand side section of the web page "Direct Hot links" more details about the features accessible from the remote is in the "Remote Setup" Page

applicable for @ shrah as well :-)

Cheers,
EG.
Thanks a lot!

I've checked your site and method you used. Thanks again.

But I have a question:
do you know how can I modify it for my Harmony remote? The way it assigns buttons is little bit different from MCE remote.

How would you assign Ch+/Ch- buttons to ZOOM option in Harmony? Do you have an idea?

Thanks in advance!!!
goldenmeadow Wrote:Thanks a lot!

I've checked your site and method you used. Thanks again.

But I have a question:
do you know how can I modify it for my Harmony remote? The way it assigns buttons is little bit different from MCE remote.

How would you assign Ch+/Ch- buttons to ZOOM option in Harmony? Do you have an idea?

Thanks in advance!!!

Basicly "ch+" sends Pageup and "ch-" sends pagedown.

Not sure how you assign keyboard keystrokes to your harmony as I never used one, but if you know how then all you need is PageUp and PageDown.

But there is another way may be simpler for you, if you know what currently your "ch+" and "ch-" sends for example if "ch+" sends Ctrl-P and "ch-" send Ctrl-U then just replace them instead of PageUp & PageDown, I can tell you what you need to do in Keyboard.xml to make them work. You just need to tell me what your "CH+/CH-" sends.

Cheers,
EG.
elitegamer360 you are my hero!!!
Just added
<Pageup>ZoomIn</Pageup>
<Pagedown>ZoomOut</Pagedown>
to <FullscreenVideo> <keyboard> section and it works like a charm.
Saves 10 extra keyboard presses!
Thanks a lot!
(2010-12-08, 18:03)shrah Wrote: [ -> ]elitegamer360 you are my hero!!!
Just added
<Pageup>ZoomIn</Pageup>
<Pagedown>ZoomOut</Pagedown>
to <FullscreenVideo> <keyboard> section and it works like a charm.
Saves 10 extra keyboard presses!
Thanks a lot!
An old post, but, this is very helpful. I was looking for a way to map zoom amount to keys on my remote control. I added those to my gen.xml file and now I can zoom in and zoom out using assigned keys on remote control. Here is what I added:

<keymap><fullscreenvideo><keyboard><key id="61585">ZoomIn</key><key id="61586">ZoomOut</key></keyboard></fullscreenvideo></keymap>

Those number on red to be changed based on your remote control key values.