Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mouse support? And missing fonts...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

For some reason when running Aeon I don't have any text - only the backdrops and other pictures load, but I can navigate through the menus etc fine? Well, pressing the button takes me to the section but I obviously can't read anything.

I'm using the latest Aeon version, and the latest XBMC build if that helps.

Also, is there anyway to get a mouse cursor? Some kind of hack?

Thanks Smile
Thanks Hitcher!

For those reading this and wondering, you can enable mouse support according to this thread by LaTropa (will try it now)

Not sure on the missing text yet, will keep searching and hope I find something ;o

Thanks again
here is the link to the fonts

http://www.mediafire.com/?025znmzmdmm
Many thanks Mar, I actually already have those installed, but will try re-installing just to be sure (C:/Windows/Fonts right?)

Edit: Crap! XBMC/skins/Aeon/Fonts more like Smile

Thanks!!

I've now got Aeon working perfectly, and with a mouse too, brilliant!
nope, it has to go into where your Aeon skin is

it should be something like this:

C:\Program Files\XBMC\skins\Aeon\Fonts
Ah, yeah many thanks Mar - must've caught me around the same time as the edit, many thanks for making me check the fonts!! Working great now Smile

Guys, I'm really sorry but I have another couple of silly noob questions... I feel really bad for asking, but I'm not really very familiar with this at all and I'm not sure the best place to look to answer these particular questions...

1. The automatic backdrops are gorgeous! But how do I get better actual thumbnails for each series? I didn't really want to change the main source as I may lose the backdrop/poster thing?

2. What's the recommended format for placing files? I have some like...

TV/Dexter/Season 1/Dexter - 1x01 - Dexter.avi
TV/Dexter/Season 1/Dexter - 1x02 - Crocodile.avi

TV/Dexter/Season 2/Dexter s02 e01.avi
TV/Dexter/Season 2/Dexter s02 e02.avi

... the season 1 format (Dexter - 1x01 - Dexter) works great in XBMC but the second season format doesn't show at all.

I have many other TV shows that won't list the episodes due to this, any recommendations?

Thanks again... and apologies too :/
blizeH Wrote:2. What's the recommended format for placing files? I have some like...

TV/Dexter/Season 1/Dexter - 1x01 - Dexter.avi
TV/Dexter/Season 1/Dexter - 1x02 - Crocodile.avi

TV/Dexter/Season 2/Dexter s02 e01.avi
TV/Dexter/Season 2/Dexter s02 e02.avi

... the season 1 format (Dexter - 1x01 - Dexter) works great in XBMC but the second season format doesn't show at all.

The correct format for season 2 would be s02e01 without the spacing. You can try my MediaRenamer application to turn all your episodes into a supported format (and add title for all).
Wow, what a great program! Thanks ccMatrix. I'd been using the decent Ken Rename until now, but that MediaRenamer is absolutely perfect.

So you'd recommend a format like:

Dexter - 2x01.avi

? IMO it doesn't look quite so clean as:

Dexter S02E01.avi

...but if it works, and it's what the program recommends then I'll roll with that.
blizeH Wrote:Wow, what a great program! Thanks ccMatrix. I'd been using the decent Ken Rename until now, but that MediaRenamer is absolutely perfect.

So you'd recommend a format like:

Dexter - 2x01.avi

? IMO it doesn't look quite so clean as:

Dexter S02E01.avi

...but if it works, and it's what the program recommends then I'll roll with that.

Thank you very much Smile

You can choose either one in the options. I use the format
Code:
<series> - <season>x<episode2><title: - ><title>

If you change that to the following you should have your second one:
Code:
<series> S<season2>E<episode2><title: ><title>
That's super - thanks again ccMatrix!

Think I'll go with the second one (S01E01), as it maybe looks a bit nicer... hope it doesn't come back to haunt me later on when I find it's incompatible with loadsa stuff, d'oh Big Grin

Edit: Ah no I won't! The browser/context menu things or whatever default to 1x01 and you can't change them, so I'll go with that Smile

Sorry to ask another bloody question, but just in case the one above got lost, does anyone know how to get better quality thumbnails please?
blizeH Wrote:Sorry to ask another bloody question, but just in case the one above got lost, does anyone know how to get better quality thumbnails please?

To change that, I think you have to go to Video, then press "C" on the folder that contains you tv shows and chose the option "Set Content" and enable "Use Posters".

I am not sure if that is right since I use a media manager to setup my content.
Thanks, I just went 'C' -> Set Content -> Prefer Posters

No luck unfortunately... is this an Aeon skin problem, or a general XBMC thing? Not sure if it'd be worth me posting in the main forum and not here ;o

Thanks again
You'll need to have it rescrape the shows that are already there for it to automatically get the posters. New shows you add to that source should work correctly.

Alternatively, you can press 'i' to bring up the Info screen for the show and click on Thumb to manually choose and change it.
Thanks vism - how do I rescrape the shows that are there? I've got to be honest, lots of TV episodes and movies that I've deleted from the source still show up in XBMC and I have no idea why, so a full refresh (rescrape?) could be good.
Pages: 1 2