Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Background fade to black
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to duplicate what appears to be an anomaly that I thought was a static setting with XBMC and the background fade on the home screen.

Before I upgraded to Babylon (was running several T3CH SVNs from march to may of this year after upgrading from an old version (8.10 Final, I think)), initially, my fanart would load in such a way that it would fade out ever so briefly to black before loading the next fanart image. After the upgrade, the fade changed and suddenly my images fade into each other as if they're overlaying one another as one fades out and the other fades in instead of the fade out to a brief black screen and fade in with the new image. And whats worse is that sometimes it appears as if the next image just jumps onto the screen as the other fades out...

I know this is probably nitpicking, but after looking at it one way for so long, I miss it and find the new fade to be annoying -- like my xbox has ADD and can't wait to load the next image.

I've tried messing with the includes.xml file's backgroundfade, the Backgrounds.xml file's timeperimage and fadetime tags with no success. I've changed the fade times and added delays to both visible and hidden tags within both Backgroundfade and the backgrounds.xml file and still no joy. I tried converting all my fanart to bitmaps @ 960x540 and still, the problem persists.

All I want is the simple "Current Image>fade out to black>Next Image fade in" and I would think that just modifying the fade times and/or delays in backgroundfade would do it, but it doesn't seem to be working; and trust me -- I have tried all manner of combinations.

Anyone have any idea what I'm trying to convey here? Does this make any sense at all?

Currently running 06/01 Stable T3CH SVN with Horizonz 4.1...

EDIT:

It seems that any of the delays introduced or otherwise increased or decreased in the includes.xml file under the backgroundfade tag appear to only affect switching between menu selections, i.e. when moving from Movies to TV Shoes, or TV Shows to Scripts, the fanart is delayed depending on the time="XXX"setting. None of the other animation styles are called from the Backgrounds.xml, so I have a hard time believing that any of the other animation styles have anything to do with this problem... When applying any new changes, should changes be done in Q:\ or in the default location of XBMC's skin folder where the original is stored? They're essentially the same, right? (I really don't think this would cause the problem since any changes I've applied have always been evident, but you never know.)