Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Wrong Episode order when scraping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've finally gotten around to archiving some of my DVD's to XBMC. Generally speaking, I have the following structure:

television/<series name>/<season>/SSxEE.<Name.of.Episode>.avi

where 'SS' is Season, and EE is episode number, so for instance:

television/Batman.Animated.Series/Season 1/01x01.On.Leather.Wings.avi

Using thetvdb.com, this has worked fairly well so far-- The scraper largely ignores what I name the file, and goes off of the season/episode.

Unfortunately, thetvdb.com uses broadcast order, and my dvd collection is in production order. I'm assuming there's a way to use .nfo files to get around this, but having gone through the examples in the wiki, the best I can manage is to manually recreate *all* the information-- I'd rather use thetvdb's data, I just want it in production order, rather than broadcast order.

Ideally, it looks like I should be able to create an .nfo file that contains the episode name, number, and a URL pointing to the thetvdb page for that episode, but I can't figure out how to get the URL part to work.

Suggestions?
XBMC Media Companion will let you choose to scrape episodes by dvd order. I'm sure similar programs will as well, but that's the only one I have experience with for tv shows.
Yah just change the "sort by" to episodes.
There is a scraper setting for TheTVDB.com to use DVD order:
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=TheTVDB....eo_Library)

There have been reports of it not working however, not sure if it was ever fixed:
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49854
Thanks to all for your suggestions. The missing ")" on the wiki link threw me, but I eventually found the page in question, and it pointed the way.

Took a small amount of fiddling, but the short form was to do a "Set Content" from non-library mode ("Videos", under MediaStream), then from the Library mode ("TV Shows" in MediaStream), remove that show from the library, then rescan for changes.

For simplicity's sake, I'll probably rearrange my file structure to have a "Broadcast order" tree and a "DVD Order" tree, and set the content appropriately at the top of that.

Thanks again.