Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: running unusably slow!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys, i've just installed the latest build of xbmc 21090 and the latest build of auriga from git and its running unusably slow. it takes over 20+ seconds to move between options on the menus and transition effects don't really appear atall, anyone else having this issue?
give more info if you can: rig, gfx card, cpu, xbmc.log.
read up on making good reporting in the stickies
rig can easily handle it, Q6600 at 3.4 2gb ddr3 8800gtx etc, for some strange reason its now working fine aswell, i'd tried it atleat 5 times or so and reinstalled once and every time it was faulty. Very strange, if the problem shows up again i'll repost and include my log file. cheers
nothing more annoying than inconsistent app failures. you feel like an idiot when you're asked to reproduce and, lo and behold, it works!!
Hope it sticks Big Grin
you probably had something running in the background sucking up Hard disk bandwidth or memory/cpu power, and that slowed iit down.

I have a similar issue that I just discovered yesterday, All my movies and tv shows play fine, except for Shoot em up. It's a 1080 video, 8GB, nothing my system can't handle, yet if i try to play it, XBMC freezes/hangs for about 20-30 seconds, before finally starting the video. My system is close to yours. I have a feeling it might be something with how the mkv was encoded, since all my other vid's play fine.
Evanrich Wrote:you probably had something running in the background sucking up Hard disk bandwidth or memory/cpu power, and that slowed iit down.

I have a similar issue that I just discovered yesterday, All my movies and tv shows play fine, except for Shoot em up. It's a 1080 video, 8GB, nothing my system can't handle, yet if i try to play it, XBMC freezes/hangs for about 20-30 seconds, before finally starting the video. My system is close to yours. I have a feeling it might be something with how the mkv was encoded, since all my other vid's play fine.

I believe it's how the mkv is encoded too, cause one of my movie Babylon A.D., 720p , size should be around 8 gig as well or 1-2 gig smaller takes longer to load than other movies at 1080p and much larger filesize
valho Wrote:I believe it's how the mkv is encoded too, cause one of my movie Babylon A.D., 720p , size should be around 8 gig as well or 1-2 gig smaller takes longer to load than other movies at 1080p and much larger filesize

I have a similar problem with my BluRay-Rips of Band of Brothers but they all load fine but the video freezes several times during playback. Audio still comes as usual just the video freezes. I tried several other players like MPC and VLC and they all work fine without any lag.
All my other BluRay-Rips play fine, I never had a problem so it can't really be a hardware problem.