Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Quote:Where'd you get the Pink Floyd background?
on the net.

Quote:Can others add the cd art that they've made to your pack?
not to my gallery directly but if you post the cdArt I can add it or add it to the pack yourself and post the .zip and I can edit the post or you can send me the .zip

Quote:Just personal preference, but I miss the line between the Artist and Album.
I remove it . you can add it if you want i think is in the media/home folder its call nowplayinginfo.png or something like that
reaven Wrote:did you try it?

not yet mate just not had chance but i will sunday when i'm off nights Wink
Hi,

first this is a great Mod. Thanx for that. A few posts earlier someone requested to store all the cdart not in one folder. It makes sence to use the current directory structure like \ARTIST\ALBUM\CD1 and store the cdart.png in CD1. Rolleyes

It is really much easier to manage ...

So, can you please tell me when it will be possible, or what can i do to make it possible. Nod

Thanx in advance.

Efty
Love the animation great work yet again however i have far two many albums and don't have the time to create folders for each one for the background image I agree with the above post by efty.
this is I believe how the movies and Tv art work ?
That aside I was wondering if there might be a way to have just one folder for background images IE no matter what im playing it will scroll through a specific folder maybe even with changeable time to display and fading ?
thanks again for all your hard work its guys like you that keep all this stuff interesting for the guys like me who can just manage to cut and past...
there is no way that i Know that you can load the fanart/images from the original album folder unless you have your music local in the same HDD XBMC is thats why this is like it is.

its in the wiki ? "only locally stored images for now..."
@reaven

Hi,

i think you are right, but under Setting/Music/Files XBMC scan Network Shares for thumbs like folder.jpg. Why isnt it possible to do so for the cdart.png on an network Share and copy it locally!?

Efty
@reaven: i just found out if you use the largeimage control you can load an image from a smb drive. so i could work for the cdart.png images.

however, it's not possible for fanart slideshows...you can't load multiple images using the multiimage control from a network drive (seems to be some kinda speed issue, so it's not supported by xbmc).
loading a single fanart image on the other hand would be no problem.
@ronie

Wow, does it mean that is it possible to use a cdart.png in an album folder on an smb share!? Big Grin Nice to hear ...

If you are right - i'll be your biggest fan. Nod

Efty
ronie Wrote:@reaven: i just found out if you use the largeimage control you can load an image from a smb drive. so i could work for the cdart.png images.

however, it's not possible for fanart slideshows...you can't load multiple images using the multiimage control from a network drive (seems to be some kinda speed issue, so it's not supported by xbmc).
loading a single fanart image on the other hand would be no problem.

I will test it then, you said change the control form image to largeimage then.
Awesome mod,
thanks a lot.
I changed a few things for my htpc

- Removed the top bar with the codec information
- Made sure the backdrops fill the screen completely
- Removed the curve from artist, album, title information, removed remaining time.
- Lowered track title and number to the botttom of the album cover
- changed font sizes to make it more readable on my screen.

If anyone is interested in the modified xml file, just send me a pm and i will send it to you

Quote:Awesome mod,
thanks a lot.
I changed a few things for my htpc
lol, am glad you at least use it.
Nice mod, I like it Big Grin
to support this mod, i have made some cdart for the gallery to all AC/DC and Metallica fans:

Metallica and AC/DC CDArt
Thanks
panzaeron Wrote:Nice mod, I like it Big Grin
to support this mod, i have made some cdart for the gallery to all AC/DC and Metallica fans:

Metallica and AC/DC CDArt

How do you get the AC/DC fanart to show up?
I can't use a slash in the foldername (windows) so I can only name it AC-DC or ACDC...
The ID3 tag of your music needs to be in the same format as your foldername I believe. (i.e. - whatever XBMC shows as the artist name needs to be the same as the folder name)

I ran into that same problem w/ AC/DC
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29