Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
thanks a lot Ram2000
hope to see those soon joebrady
Gallery updated !
Hello out there,

today i tried to use an cdart.png in the album folder. nothing happend. So can anyone please tell if it might be possible or what can i do to make it possible.

Thanx.

Efty
Have you read through the first post completely?
a couple more

7 Inch Heroes CD1

7 Inch Heroes CD2

Artic Monkeys - Favourite worst nightmare.png

on http://www.xbmcstuff.com/

Was just browsing the Lib and would like to suggest to anyone doing this not to bother with the silver disks with writing on Dont see the Point IMO.

@Efty
First question i guess would be are you getting anything IE the animations ? at least then you know the mods working
I had trouble getting this right myself you need to make sure you are naming the files exactly the same.
Sorry.
Wanted to post my additions but cannot link from picasa.
Will edit later...
CLASSIC
Jeff Wayne - Jeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds-2009 CD1
Jeff Wayne - Jeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds-2009 CD2
meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell

on http://www.xbmcstuff.com/
Quote:Ok I think I'm getting somewhere YEAH!
I changed
<imagepath>backdrops/artist_fanart/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</imagepath>
To
<imagepath>backdrops/artist_fanart/Random</imagepath>

Just so I kn ow im not going nuts would doing this change effect the cds from loading if added a few and only seem to be able to get the default one to work..
thanks again.
Have you created that folder and put something in it?
joebrady Wrote:Have you created that folder and put something in it?

My fanart (random pics) is working fine just thought I would add the cds I have uploaded to my own collection but cant get any of them to spin up all I get is the default cd

Would I still need to create the folders for the cds to play I was under the impression it got them from the cd folder ?
Ram2000 Wrote:My fanart (random pics) is working fine just thought I would add the cds I have uploaded to my own collection but cant get any of them to spin up all I get is the default cd

Would I still need to create the folders for the cds to play I was under the impression it got them from the cd folder ?

If you put cd images in that folder, they will just show where the fanart (your random pics) are. There is a different folder for the cd art images.
joebrady Wrote:If you put cd images in that folder, they will just show where the fanart (your random pics) are. There is a different folder for the cd art images.

Ok your confusing me now easy to do hehe

I have a folder in artist_fanart called random this is where my backdrops point to and that is working nicely.
However i am now trying to add the spining cd to some of my albums I have copied the picture into
Quote:artist_fanart/cd/Jeff Wayne-The War Of The Worlds CD1
but all i am getting is the default spinning which made me think maybe changing that line for the backdrop
has stopped it looking for the the cd art.
Ram2000 Wrote:Ok your confusing me now easy to do hehe

I have a folder in artist_fanart called random this is where my backdrops point to and that is working nicely.
However i am now trying to add the spining cd to some of my albums I have copied the picture into

but all i am getting is the default spinning which made me think maybe changing that line for the backdrop

Oh, I thought you were putting your cd images in that folder you mentioned. Got it now. I'm not positive, but I don't think that chage should affect the cd images. My guess would be that there is something slightly off with the name.
Quote:but all i am getting is the default spinning which made me think maybe changing that line for the backdrop
completely different controls, unless you change the cdArt control too.
you have to match the artists/band name-album name.png exactly as XBMC shows when you play the album (thats the best way to make a perfect match)

* I am changing the code so the fanart and the cdArt can be load from the actual music folder, mine its already working that way at least the fanart BUT
-you loose fanart slideshow (just one fanart per album or per artist)
-if you are like me all my tracks have perfect tags but the folder names, many of them at album level dont have the exact name of the album that can cause a paint in the @$$ editing a large music collection.

but I will be releasing the code soon. am working on other projects at the same time.
hey JoeBrady those are nice I would be uploading them to the gallery and making another pack to download all of the cdArt at the moment !!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29