Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
reaven Wrote:so the code practically would be the same except instead of the <texture> line I would use <info> ?

you can still use texture if you want:
<texture>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture>
Just thinking out loud here, but can the default image be based of $INFO[MusicPlayer.Genre], if there is no cdart for that artist?

joebrady Wrote:Just thinking out loud here, but can the default image be based of $INFO[MusicPlayer.Genre], if there is no cdart for that artist?

Just tried to change this (im using a Rapier MOD):

PHP Code:
<texture fallback="backdrops/artist_fanart/default/default.png">backdrops/artist_fanart/cd/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]-$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album].png</texture

to this

PHP Code:
<texture fallback="backdrops/artist_fanart/default/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Genre].png">backdrops/artist_fanart/cd/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]-$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album].png</texture

And then i placed a "genre".png in the fallback path

No luck...

EDIT: What about music with multiple genres?
is there another way to download this. I can't seem to dl via rapidshare...its telling me that only premium member can DL it and i don't want to do that. thanks.
joebrady Wrote:Just thinking out loud here, but can the default image be based of $INFO[MusicPlayer.Genre], if there is no cdart for that artist?

nope, not supported by xbmc. you can't use infolabels as fallback.
ronie Wrote:nope, not supported by xbmc. you can't use infolabels as fallback.

really?, I was talking about that in the thread of my other mod
reaven Wrote:really?, I was talking about that in the thread of my other mod
maybe the music is different because not everyone scrape the music info and maybe those tags are not avaliable to xbmc but for videos that info is there, I haven't try yet but soon.

i asked about it once and according to jm it's not supported:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50074
Why if the info is avaliable and you can even put it on screen with a <label control> you cant use it as part of path like everything else ?

*Yes, i try it and is not pulling the default genre cdart with $INFO[MusicPlayer.Genre].png as part of the fallback path.

* and the workaround would be too "AROUND" write a visible bool for every genre based on if cdart exist for the artist band or not because you cant use fallback.
bblauritzen Wrote:Just tried to change this (im using a Rapier MOD):

PHP Code:
<texture fallback="backdrops/artist_fanart/default/default.png">backdrops/artist_fanart/cd/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]-$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album].png</texture

to this

PHP Code:
<texture fallback="backdrops/artist_fanart/default/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Genre].png">backdrops/artist_fanart/cd/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]-$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album].png</texture

And then i placed a "genre".png in the fallback path

No luck...

it could work if you create two separate images and only show the second one if the first one is unavailable:

Code:
<control type="largeimage" id="7000">
   <texture>backdrops/artist_fanart/cd/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]-$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album].png</texture>
</control>
<control type="largeimage">
   <texture>backdrops/artist_fanart/default/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Genre].png</texture>
   <visible>IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(7000))</visible>
</control>

i'm using something similar for the clearart mod in the next version of Transparency!
it will show the default episode thumb if no clearart is available, and it's working fine at my end.

bblauritzen Wrote:EDIT: What about music with multiple genres?

i checked my library and couldn't find many albums with multiple genres.
another option would be to use the album cover as a fallback instead of a genre image...not sure if that will look right though
Roni Wrote:
Code:
<control type="largeimage" id="7000">
   <texture>backdrops/artist_fanart/cd/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]-$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album].png</texture>
</control>
<control type="largeimage">
   <texture>backdrops/artist_fanart/default/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Genre].png</texture>
   <visible>IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(7000))</visible>
</control>

ok...of course this is part of the code right ? ... implies that !
so just remove the fallback line and make another image control with the visible tag bool to check if the cdArt control is empty or not and display the genre cdArt accordingly, right ?? (just need one for each genre)

Roni Wrote:
bblauritzen Wrote:EDIT: What about music with multiple genres?
i checked my library and couldn't find many albums with multiple genres.
another option would be to use the album cover as a fallback instead of a genre image...not sure if that will look right though
me neither but anyway music always have a main Genre even if is classified with multiples and is always very easy to edit the tags, thats why I dont used to scrape the music I just use mp3Tag and put the tags the way I want.

BTW..you have MSN messenger that you can PM me ! I would like to change more ideas with you.
reaven Wrote:ok...of course this is part of the code right ? ... implies that !
so just remove the fallback line and make another image control with the visible tag bool to check if the cdArt control is empty or not and display the genre cdArt accordingly, right ?? (just need one for each genre)

right, but you don't need one for each genre. one image control will work for all, as long as there's an image available for every genre.

reaven Wrote:BTW..you have MSN messenger that you can PM me ! I would like to change more ideas with you.

afraid i don't use msn. so just pm me.
First a very nice MOD. Next i have a question: Is it possible to have cdart to a compilation cd and is it possible to have a different disc to a 2 disc cd.
Hope someone can help.
Stenager Wrote:First a very nice MOD. Next i have a question: Is it possible to have cdart to a compilation cd and is it possible to have a different disc to a 2 disc cd.
Hope someone can help.

of course a 2cd it suppose to be in 2 different folders under the same artist.
just named the cdArts accordingly and it should be recognized by xbmc, as long as the compilation cd have the same album name for its songs you can use a cdart.
I'm trying to get it to work with the Ministry of Sound - The Annual 2010.
My music folder looks like this compilation/ministry of sound - the annual 2010/cdx (1,2,3)

What should my cdart folder look like? Sorry må stupid question. I'm a noob Smile
Stenager Wrote:I'm trying to get it to work with the Ministry of Sound - The Annual 2010.
My music folder looks like this compilation/ministry of sound - the annual 2010/cdx (1,2,3)

What should my cdart folder look like? Sorry må stupid question. I'm a noob Smile

Dont make the same mistake I made Got everything named perfect but still didn't work as the MP3 ID Tags where wrong.
mine was named 10 Inch Heroes CD1 picture was named 10 Inch Heroes CD1.png I had to have the artist as 10 inch heroes and album CD1 prob not the best way but worked for me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29