Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
This new "cdArt" concept displays an animation of the currently playing CD (Compact Disc) image spinning, with music artist fanart slideshow support in the music visualization screen when visualizations is set to off.

Few YouTube videos examples that show this spin animation effect in action:
NEW! Fixed code for everyone that could not make this work before, and also added:
  • Spinning cdArt code
  • Fallback image if there is no cdArt for the playing album, (you need XBMC SVN biold r21336 or later)
  • Everything in one pack download (just replace/merge)
  • Progress bar behind timer (just the size of the 4 digits, if you want it other place or size just play with the progressbar control in musicVisualization.xml)

* Help is needed to those who want to use the mod to share and make the cdArt images, please also consider modding other skins for this.
* The cdArt CD images need to be in .png format without background and at least 500x500 pixel resolution with a clean round boarder.

cdArt avaliable
You can download and post cdArts HERE

Downloads

**Remember to backup your Font.xml and MusicVisualisation.xml before replacing, just in case**
Everything you need to mod Aeon: HERE (just replace/merge, see the readme files inside the folders for instructions)

README! Everything is include in the download to this MOD to work, the following code below is only in case you do not want to replace your Font.xml and just want to add the part needed which is in red:
Code:
<!-- OSD -->

<font>
      <name>Font_OSDSeek</name>
      <filename>aeon_settings.ttf</filename>
      <size>18</size>
    </font>

<font>
      <name>Font_OSDOptions</name>
      <filename>aeon_title.ttf</filename>
      <size>16</size>
    </font>

<font>
        <name>Font_OSDCodecInfo</name>
        <size>22</size>
    </font>

<font>
        <name>Font_OSDMusicArtist</name>
        <size>24</size>
    </font>

<font>
        <name>Font_OSDMusicTitle</name>
        <size>38</size>
    </font>

[color=Red]<!-- Extra Font for music MOD -->    
<font>
      <name>Font_bigtime</name>
      <filename>aeon_main.ttf</filename>
      <size>85</size>
  </font>    [/color]

<!-- VirtualOSD -->
Cool idea. Looks really nice. Is there any webpage to get good CD images?
ccMatrix Wrote:Cool idea. Looks really nice. Is there any webpage to get good CD images?

http://cdcovers.cc/ I guess.
This site has high quality album artwork.

http://www.albumartexchange.com/
I use Album Art Downloader which is a very nice tool.

And btw nice idea for this mod. Hope there will be more images for this mod soon.
yeah pretty impressed here too Smile with the audio cd art spin? lol
Ok this may be a bit embarrassing but I can't find my way to the music visualization screen anymore. Have I gone blind or something? I haven't used it for a while but I have already used it in the past and now I just can't find it anymore.
Would be glad if someone could point me into the right direction.
This looks very very cool !
Can't wait to give it a spin. ;-)
Montellese Wrote:Ok this may be a bit embarrassing but I can't find my way to the music visualization screen anymore. Have I gone blind or something? I haven't used it for a while but I have already used it in the past and now I just can't find it anymore.
Would be glad if someone could point me into the right direction.

with music playing from the Home screen press menu !
Montellese Wrote:I use Album Art Downloader which is a very nice tool.

And btw nice idea for this mod. Hope there will be more images for this mod soon.

And I hope to receive images from you guys too, just post them here and I will post it to the gallery.
Cant make this to work *sigh*. Either fanart slide or cd art doesnt show up.

Here i my set up:

aeon auriga/media/backdrops/artist_fanart/whitesnake/restless heart.jpg (cdart) and 2 whitesnake.jpg (fanart)

First I named folder & jpgs after album name in Library mode but with no luck and after that changed whitesnake (foldername) to WHITESNAKE,Whitesnake,whitesnake same tried the same with restless Heart.

What do I do wrong? Confused

I have the latest Auriga and XBMC win32...
first the cd art need to be .png with no background that means restless heart.png after you edit it the art.

structure would be like

Aeon/media/backdrops/artist_fanart/<artist/band name>/

files inside <artist/band name folder>

cd.png
fanart images whatever name/whatever extension(.jpg, .jpeg, .png, ......)
Here it is..

wow thanks Raven...I´ll will try it right away Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29