Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: It's possible to get full path of a currently playing song
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any command to get the full path of the currently playing song or any other way to get where the song is absolute path? Huh

Thanks
i don't think there is, so i'd like to second this request.

it would make it easier to load specific artwork in the skin based on the currently playing song (or video).

right now, all kinds of workarounds are being used (clear art mod / cd art mod) to accomplish this,
but having info labels like MusicPlayer.Path and VideoPlayer.Path available would make life (skinning) a bit easier. :-)
and more hackier in the way it loads images without cacheing them. Causing imense slow downs for people with non local media
definitely something we want (although player.path). trac it
Jezz_X Wrote:and more hackier in the way it loads images without cacheing them. Causing imense slow downs for people with non local media

You mean slow in sense of how XBMC load images or loading images through a network.

if the second, a gigabit LAN wont have any problem at all !
well since its getting added don't forget player.pathandfilename as well to keep it consistant with the rest

I also wonder what happens to these direct path calls for images when people use them when things like last.fm and scripts are playing stuff not to mention shoutcast and the like
did someone already open a ticket http://trac.xbmc.org/ !