Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [XBOX] Native Media Flagging in XBMC for Xbox?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
I've added the nightly SVN builds for this to the site now. I'll probably add a build notes section as well, but for now, it just shows up in my download section.

Hope it helps.
Are the test builds already compiled for xbox or do we need to have SDK and all that stuff?

Edit: Just got it. Thanks TheQuestor. Excellent site you got there too!! Any thoughts as to putting PM3.5 on there? LOL

Thanks again.

FourTwentySmilz
TheQuestor Wrote:I've added the nightly SVN builds for this to the site now. I'll probably add a build notes section as well, but for now, it just shows up in my download section.

Hope it helps.

Thx, Nod

Btw very nice site update. !!!
Waffa Wrote:Thx, Nod

Btw very nice site update. !!!

Thanks Smile
Yea love the site update man thanks.

Now all we need is for someone to write a patch to have this feature in the main branch, any takers? I'm messing around with xdk at the minute not sure if I can do this at all and I'm sure it will be a very long time before I learn to do anything useful.
Hi everyone!

I tryed one of the nightly builds everyone is talking about (great site, btw Wink ) and tansfered my old database and thumbs directly to the new build. When I start XBMC it starts "reading the disk" (got a light hardmod) intensivly and it's almost completly freezed; with patience I can go down the menus, but got no library at all (Movies/TV Shows menu don't show).

When I manage to go, for instance, to the Settings menu, eveything runs smooth, but as soon as I get to the Main Menu everything almost freezes again (and stays that way)... What could XBMC be doing?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for all your effords to make this work on the old XBOX!
Database, thumbs Eek only that Huh You need to copy the compleet userdata folder.

You can always try a default userdata. Rofl

Your problem isn't related to the media flags, need to enable it and starts only in library (when container is visible) extracting.
Yes, I realized the problem was not on the media tags, since I still didnt't enabled that option in Video Settings.

And I copied the whole userdata...

I'll try again with a default userdata, as you sugested, Waffa. But I got a BIG Library (1200+ Movies; 60+ TV Series; 1200+ Albuns) on a NAS, on wireless network with more people, and to rescan my library would mean, on the old XBOX, almost a week in updates... Sad

Thanks for the sugestion, Waffa. If I manage a better solution I'll post here.
FragMenthor, I feel your pain.

I'm STILL in the process of rebuilding my very large library, but this time I am setting up seperate folders thats contain the movie, the thumb, and the fanart.
This way if I ever have to do this again.........it won't be the hassle it is now.

But those flags look great on the xbox.........follow Waffa advice, and all should be good.
FragMenthor Wrote:Hi everyone!

I tryed one of the nightly builds everyone is talking about (great site, btw Wink ) and tansfered my old database and thumbs directly to the new build. When I start XBMC it starts "reading the disk" (got a light hardmod) intensivly and it's almost completly freezed; with patience I can go down the menus, but got no library at all (Movies/TV Shows menu don't show).

When I manage to go, for instance, to the Settings menu, eveything runs smooth, but as soon as I get to the Main Menu everything almost freezes again (and stays that way)... What could XBMC be doing?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for all your effords to make this work on the old XBOX!

Thanks Smile But I'm almost embarrased to say that I don't have a clue what it is doing other than maybe scanning each file's metadata back into the db. I honesly only use my xbox to test that my builds work Sad so chances are you know far more about the actual usage of XBMC than I do.

craig
FragMentor I would suggest an external scraper.
I use Media Companion. Scrapes very fast.
If .nfo , .tbn , fanart and folder.jpg files are present the xbox will scrape also much faster to.

And you have full control over your library and on every platform your library is exactly the same !!!!!

Uhh and xbmc loves a good folder structure.
TheQuestor Wrote:Thanks Smile But I'm almost embarrased to say that I don't have a clue what it is doing other than maybe scanning each file's metadata back into the db. I honesly only use my xbox to test that my builds work Sad so chances are you know far more about the actual usage of XBMC than I do.

craig

You're experiencing the database-upgrade issue I mentioned before. I still don't understand why this doesn't work properly since it does work in Linuxport...
Waffa Wrote:FragMentor I would suggest an external scraper.
I use Media Companion. Scrapes very fast.
If .nfo , .tbn , fanart and folder.jpg files are present the xbox will scrape also much faster to.

And you have full control over your library and on every platform your library is exactly the same !!!!!

Uhh and xbmc loves a good folder structure.

Thanks for the advice; i think i've got everything well organized:

Movies01\<Movie Name (Year)>\Moviefilename.SOURCE-cd1.avi
\Moviefilename.SOURCE-cd2.avi
\Moviefilename.SOURCE.nfo
\Moviefilename.SOURCE.srt
\Moviefilename.SOURCE.tbn
\Moviefilename.SOURCE-fanart.jpg
\Moviefilename.SOURCE-fanart2.jpg
\folder.jpg (same as Moviefilename.SOURCE.tbn)
Movies02\...
TVSeries\TVSeries Name\Season XX\Episode Name SxxEyy.avi
\Episode Name SxxEyy.tbn
\Episode Name SxxEyy.nfo
\Episode Name SxxEyy.srt

The only difference is that on the .nfo for the movies i've got an IMDB link, intead of the full info (I like to update the contents).
Yep, your files are well organized.
And the IMDB link in .nfo file is good, only rebuilding your library need more time.
Yeah i've got the database upgrade issue as well. Copied over my entire userdata folder, but i click into movies and then pick year or title and don't get any deeper. Will just leaving it for a while get it all sorted?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14