Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
jmadonald Wrote:I have a tv show season that the tshowv.nfo is created, the individual episodes are not.

In the scrape log i see a "working on ....nfo" yet one is not created.. ie

Working on episode: S:\Videos\TV Shows\The Vampire Diaries\Season 1 (2009)\The Vampire Diaries.S01E03.nfo

What else does the scraper say,

The biggest reason for shows not scraping is either the TVDB being down, or the sortorder being set to "DVD" when it should be "Default", this can be toggled for individual shows using the button when looking at a TV Show (Not Episode)
Just wondering why all my tv shows are locked. Any way to unlock all at once? Thanks and Happy Christmas!
Just a little christmas pressy for everyone, this will be the last build of the year.

Changes for new version 3.198
  • Bugfix - Filedetails "DX50" is now "DIVX", and "AC-3" is now "AC3"
  • Bugfix - In TV Shows DVD structure folders all the VOB files were scraped
  • Bugfix - Issue causing folder.jpg files not to be updated when poster is edited has been fixed
  • Bugfix - Issue when downloading Posters using the Browse/Url function
  • Bugfix - Tweaked the list function so that filtered actor lists are not reset when changing the list format. (Title & year, folder name, and filename)
  • GUI change - Split container added to movie browser panel to allow people to set the ammount of space given to genres
  • New - The runtime for movies now adds the value for all files in multipart media.
  • New - Application state is now saved to config with regard to sort and list preferences for movies, MC will also startup with the same tab as was selected when shut down (Movies or TV). Inverted order is not saved, nor are catagory sub tags such as fanart and posters, while this could be added I don't think it is really needed.
  • New - Support for sets has been added, sets can be added or removed via the "Movie Sets" tab, selection of a set for a movie is displayed and changed via the combobox at the bottom of the main movie panel. A button also allows you to view all movies in a set (An innitial rebuild to include the set tag in the cache will be needed for this to work). If a movie is selected with a set that is not in the list it will be added (I'm not sure this is a good thing, it could mean that people are removing sets only to have them re-added). For people that already have sets within their lists, rebuilding the movies also serves to add any set found to the list. Sets are not changed by rescraping a movie. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Movie_Sets for more info on sets
Note - Sets can be browsed by selecting the set from the combobox and clicking the adjacent button, when you change a movies set you must click save to apply it to the nfo.

Download Version 3.198
FFmpeg is included in the archive, be sure to also replace the other files, a couple of the other libraries have also been updated.

Just overwrite the previous version, ( the config will remain compatible only if you are upgrading from version 3.xxx).

This will be the last build of the year from me, I will not be doing much over the next couple of weeks, but then I will get back to it.

To everyone here at XBMC, Have a very Merry Christmas and a Fantastic New Year Smile

Regards

Billy
Thx Billy and you have a real Merry Xmas Smile
Thanks for all your hard work this year Billy. You're app is by far my favorite XBMC tool. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years.
Thanks for the updates billyad i'm happy to be back at Media Companion!
Using 3.198 I scanned for new movies, it picked up a movie and scraped the wrong movie, no biggie there..

I then changed the movie using the change movie button, found the correct one and it updated it.. however it did not update the "sort name" which was left as the old movie..

If that could be fixed for the next version would be much appreciated.

cheeers
I have completed automated my importing process for videos to a network share and loading them in xbmc, but for one task. I have too many problems using xbmc and getting the right film...plus I have multiple instances of xbmc throughout the house that make having the nfo and other data files in the folder much less hassle. I have to manually launch media companion then search for the films to find the posters, etc... But that means that I have to go back in to xbmc and update the library after it had already done that automatically. All of my automation is in batch files...from using dvdfab to grab, to converting with handbrake to xbmc to load...and other batch files that move the files around and organize and back them up based on triggers. Does anyone know if media companion has command line switches? Even the simplest command line that just runs the automated find movies and grabs whatever poster it finds...I usually only have 2 or 3 out of 100 that I have to change the poster or movies it finds...
goonie Wrote:I have completed automated my importing process for videos to a network share and loading them in xbmc, but for one task. I have too many problems using xbmc and getting the right film...plus I have multiple instances of xbmc throughout the house that make having the nfo and other data files in the folder much less hassle. I have to manually launch media companion then search for the films to find the posters, etc... But that means that I have to go back in to xbmc and update the library after it had already done that automatically. All of my automation is in batch files...from using dvdfab to grab, to converting with handbrake to xbmc to load...and other batch files that move the files around and organize and back them up based on triggers. Does anyone know if media companion has command line switches? Even the simplest command line that just runs the automated find movies and grabs whatever poster it finds...I usually only have 2 or 3 out of 100 that I have to change the poster or movies it finds...

There is a basic command line functionality available for movies:

"\media companion.exe sq"

This will check for new movies and scrape them according to your preferences, ie if you have the preferences set to download fanart and posters then they will be downloaded.

It should be noted that MC works best when scraping 50 or less movies in a session. For the first 50 movies, google is used, after this, imdb's own search engine, which is not as clever as google. I implemented this because searching google too ofter can result in your IP being blocked for for a while, an inconvenience nobody wants. In my case it took about 300 movies, but it is not a situation I want any users finding themselves in.
Is the MC site down? I haven't been able to access it for several hours.
I am getting "scrapper error" for all of my rating now from IMDB.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?
@ekim232 I am getting errors from IMDB too. It says "Scraper error"

I am also having trouble scanning in new entries to my collection. The scan completes, but after completion the rest of my collection dissapears. I can get everything back but only after going to "rebuild movies". Everything works normal after the rebuild.

I have tried downloading a fresh copy but the same thing happens. The version I am using is Media Companion gen2 3.198. I am using windows 7.
I haven't been able to scan in a new movie in about a week. I am thinking that IMDB might have changed something on the back end Wink
ekim232 Wrote:I am getting "scrapper error" for all of my rating now from IMDB.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

I fixed the IMDB scraper, it can be downloaded from here
Suggestions or Fix

If Thetvdb website is down and you try to scrape information. Media Companion just hangs. You have to go to task manager to kill it.

Perhaps as an option if Media Companion detects that the site is down or is having trouble reading from the site, you can cancel the scan.