Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently started using MC gen2 3.400 and I'm really liking it.

But I've noticed in XBMC when I scrape my movies they won't list in alphabetical order.
I've had it sort by all the different means and it will not list them in alphabetical order.

I've also tried it in 4 different skins with the same effect.It lists my TV Shows just fine but not movies.In Neon where there is a separate listing for HD movies it lists them alphabetically.

If I take out the .NFO files and use the built in scraper it will list them alphabetically.

I would also like to say that I have uninstalled and reinstalled XBMC with the same problem persisting.

I also used a older version of Media Companion(3.260) that I had but hadn't used yet,
and even though it wouldn't scrape movie info properly when I had XBMC scan those .NFOs it would list them alphabetically.

It's annoying after I took the time to edit all my movies that XBMC won't list them like I want them.

Thanks in advance
Still errors on tv show rebuild, guys. It complains that x show does not exist any more, but isn't that what the rebuild is actually for, to clean the list?
IMDB.dll doesnt seem to scrape movies ratings anymore. It does however scrape the number of votes etc, only the rating returns '0' every scrape.

Using 3.400, but also tried with the beta, same result.

Thank you Smile
genial Wrote:IMDB.dll doesnt seem to scrape movies ratings anymore. It does however scrape the number of votes etc, only the rating returns '0' every scrape.

Using 3.400, but also tried with the beta, same result.

Thank you Smile

This. Every movie has rating of 0. Everything else worked quite well despite having to manually "change" 20 or so movies.

Edit: Does anyone know of a way to only get IMDB ratings without having to rescrape?
StormyKnight Wrote:Because you can select more than one movie at once there was a bug where right click would add to the selection rather than make a selection if the movie wasn't already selected...this may be your issue. This was addressed with change set 49de4e050c4c last thursday....so will be in 3.411b

I have just downloaded version MC 3.411b Weekly and the bug is still there for me.
well I just used MC 3.410b Weekly using the XBMC IMDB Scraper and it will still not list them alphabetically when sorting by name.It will under the seperate section for HD Movies under the neon skin.

And again it will list them alphabetically when sorting by name if I just use XBMC and not XBMC with Media Companion
never mind found out what the problem was
Just wondering, is the offline movie maker broken? I keep getting 0k avi files.
Using MC 3.411b Weekly. could you PLEASE fix the rebuild TV shows option? Bones has now vanished from the list, can't get it to re-appear, tried check for new shows, doesn't find anything new and doesn't re add the show.

This happened after I edited some nfo files in season 3 (some extended eps, MC typically only added one of those eps to the list) and I did a rebuild show from nfo.

I get this error after trying to do a rebuild shows:

Quote:See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'F:\=Anime=\Ayashi no Ceres\tvshow.nfo'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(String inputUri, XmlReaderSettings settings, XmlParserContext inputContext)
at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(String inputUri, XmlReaderSettings settings)
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options)
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri)
at ProtoXML.ProtoFile.Load(String Path)
at ProtoXML.ProtoFile.Load()
at Media_Companion.Form1.rebuildtvshows()
at Media_Companion.Form1.RebuildShowsToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Media Companion
Assembly Version: 3.4.1.0
Win32 Version: 3.4.1.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Justin/Desktop/Media%20Companion%20gen2%203.400/Media%20Companion.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5442 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
NfoLibrary
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Justin/Desktop/Media%20Companion%20gen2%203.400/NfoLibrary.DLL
ProtoXML
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Justin/Desktop/Media%20Companion%20gen2%203.400/ProtoXML.DLL
System.Xml.Linq
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Common
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Justin/Desktop/Media%20Companion%20gen2%203.400/Common.DLL
Accessibility
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

It can't find a folder that has been deleted.... the whole point of rebuild is to rid of the folders you have deleted....

can you add it to bug tracker or something if you have one?

The movies bit works fine.
nm, removed all folders, re-added now it works. Still worth looking into the error though.
For some weird reason every time I try to scrape for new movies MC tries to rescrape everything again as far as I can tell. It never used to do this, only scraping recently added files. All the associated files still exist (movie.nfo, fanart.jpg etc) and the movies appear in MC in the list of movies (with fanart, poster and all info displayed). Rebuilding movies doesn't make them disappear, yet searching for new movies causes MC to try to re-scrape them. Once they have been rescraped there are 2 entries for the same movie in MC until I "rebuild movies". Is there some setting I've missed?

Here is a log of the most recent "search for new movies". I aborted it after the first 3 movies were rescraped.
http://pastebin.com/3agAqZJp

EDIT: using MC 3.408b
Hi, this seems to be falling on deaf ears but will you PLEASE fix the TV shows? its broken. Using MC 3.411b Weekly.

I re-added all my folders, and clicked add add from roots. It failed to add them all, so clicking it again it adds them. But after hitting save, it doesn't save.

So I removed all folders, and clicked add from roots again. Hit save.... it didn't save so now it wont list any of my shows.

Completely useless.
Death-Axe Wrote:Hi, this seems to be falling on deaf ears but will you PLEASE fix the TV shows? its broken. Using MC 3.411b Weekly.

I re-added all my folders, and clicked add add from roots. It failed to add them all, so clicking it again it adds them. But after hitting save, it doesn't save.

So I removed all folders, and clicked add from roots again. Hit save.... it didn't save so now it wont list any of my shows.

Completely useless.

First, as I'm sure you are aware, you should report your problems at this link:

http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/

It is much more likely to get noticed by all of the MC developers.

Secondly, you sound like you have a problem similar to mine. What solved the problem for me was hitting save twice. When I would first hit save, MC would say that new shows are being scrapped. I then would leave MC on the add folder page until it finished adding the tv shows. Then I hit save one more time, and a different box pops up that says the changes are saved. At that point, MC actually writes the changes to the ini file and saves the folders.
Down & out with the flu for the last week, will reply to questions when able.....Sad
Made some progress for 3.412b re tv side of things, still a bit to do - remember this was a complete rewrite of how MC stored its internal data & also this meant that we had to rewrite or replace the calls in every tv related function - work that is continuing as time permits....
Right Click > Edit Movie = NullReferenceException