Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Constructacon Wrote:For some weird reason every time I try to scrape for new movies MC tries to rescrape everything again as far as I can tell. It never used to do this, only scraping recently added files. All the associated files still exist (movie.nfo, fanart.jpg etc) and the movies appear in MC in the list of movies (with fanart, poster and all info displayed). Rebuilding movies doesn't make them disappear, yet searching for new movies causes MC to try to re-scrape them. Once they have been rescraped there are 2 entries for the same movie in MC until I "rebuild movies". Is there some setting I've missed?

Here is a log of the most recent "search for new movies". I aborted it after the first 3 movies were rescraped.
http://pastebin.com/3agAqZJp

EDIT: using MC 3.408b

I have the exact same issue. I'm using 3.408b also but had the same thing for 2-3 versions before that.
HexusOdy Wrote:I have the exact same issue. I'm using 3.408b also but had the same thing for 2-3 versions before that.
Yes. I noticed it then too. No luck on fixing it yourself I take it?
Hi, I have some shows with extras like Bones for example. I put them in folder season 0, and numbered them from s00e02, as there is only one ep under specials on tvdb.

I have tried the scan for new eps option endless times, and it still refuses to generate any nfo files at all. It does work with some other shows, but for most shows it does not work.

I have tried deleting all nfo files for the show, and rescanning but it still wont make nfo files for those extras. Really annoying as you could imagine.

Using version: MC 3.408b Weekly (4011b is too unstable for use)

(I posted this on their forums, but it seems like I was talking to myself. prolly be the same on here but it's worth a try)
mister_scarface Wrote:what's the fastest way to organize it then?

I think you have to do that manually....

genial & maw230' Wrote:IMDB.dll doesnt seem to scrape movies ratings anymore.

Yep, the MC IMDB scraper should work at the moment, the XBMC Scraper needs more time spent working out why it doesn't even after making the required changes...You can always right click & choose rescrape specific which will use the MC IMDB scraper till we get this resolved.

Rastan Wrote:I have just downloaded version MC 3.411b Weekly and the bug (right click select) is still there for me.
Will test again! Cheers!

http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/82

bobrap Wrote:Just wondering, is the offline movie maker broken? I keep getting 0k avi files.
We will have a look!
http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/83

Death-Axe Wrote:Using MC 3.411b Weekly. could you PLEASE fix the rebuild TV shows option? Bones has now vanished from the list, can't get it to re-appear, tried check for new shows, doesn't find anything new and doesn't re add the show.

This happened after I edited some nfo files in season 3 (some extended eps, MC typically only added one of those eps to the list) and I did a rebuild show from nfo.

It can't find a folder that has been deleted.... the whole point of rebuild is to rid of the folders you have deleted....

can you add it to bug tracker or something if you have one?

The movies bit works fine.

This will come about if the folder is renamed & not updated in the folderlist in MC. We need to look at the logic around this situation so I have created a work item.
http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/84

Constructacon & HexusOdy' Wrote:For some weird reason every time I try to scrape for new movies MC tries to rescrape everything again as far as I can tell.

Resolved for 3.4.1.2b - there was an issue if you where using movie.nfo format

jason.shaffer Wrote:Right Click > Edit Movie = NullReferenceException
There was an issue a while back relating to the stars field, but that has been resolved - what version are you using?

Death-Axe Wrote:Hi, I have some shows with extras like Bones for example. I put them in folder season 0, and numbered them from s00e02, as there is only one ep under specials on tvdb.

FROM thetvdb.com....Bones Specials
Code:
Episode Number    Episode Name    Originally Aired    Image
1    Player Under Pressure (original version)

There is only one special listed s00e01, so MC will never find s00e02 & thus never create the nfo.

If you wish to create your own, just copy a nfo & rename it to s00e02 & then rebuild TV Shows, MC will then load it up & you will be able to edit it from there.

Thanks to all!
bobrap Wrote:Just wondering, is the offline movie maker broken? I keep getting 0k avi files.

Yes, this was broken - fixed now!
Fixed now, how? What version are you using? I still get 0k avi files.
StormyKnight Wrote:I think you have to do that manually....

Yep, the MC IMDB scraper should work at the moment, the XBMC Scraper needs more time spent working out why it doesn't even after making the required changes...You can always right click & choose rescrape specific which will use the MC IMDB scraper till we get this resolved.

Will test again! Cheers!

http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/82

We will have a look!
http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/83

This will come about if the folder is renamed & not updated in the folderlist in MC. We need to look at the logic around this situation so I have created a work item.
http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/84

There was an issue a while back relating to the stars field, but that has been resolved - what version are you using?

FROM thetvdb.com....Bones Specials
Code:
Episode Number    Episode Name    Originally Aired    Image
1    Player Under Pressure (original version)

There is only one special listed s00e01, so MC will never find s00e02 & thus never create the nfo.

If you wish to create your own, just copy a nfo & rename it to s00e02 & then rebuild TV Shows, MC will then load it up & you will be able to edit it from there.

Thanks to all!

I have done this with other shows and it has created the nfo files. You yourself stated that the program will make blank nfo files if the eps are not on tvdb.
StormyKnight Wrote:
Constructacon & HexusOdy' Wrote:For some weird reason every time I try to scrape for new movies MC tries to rescrape everything again as far as I can tell.

I wasn't aware there was any other way (and that's what MC has always created for me). Looking forward to the next release. Keep up the good work.
bobrap Wrote:Fixed now, how? What version are you using? I still get 0k avi files.

Fixed in the source, so the next release will have the fix applied....
Seems the IMDB has changed some things and 3.400 is not scraping correctly . Nor is the latest beta(3.411b) it would seem.

Is there an update?
StormyKnight Wrote:Fixed in the source, so the next release will have the fix applied....

ok, great. Can this be run from source like Sickbeard? I wouldn't mind trying the latest fixes as they are added.
Yeah, I'm getting scraper errors too at the moment
im getting scraper errors as well
I've downloaded 3.4.1.2 from the Media Companion site and it's working fine (tested it last night). What versions are you guys using?
Constructacon Wrote:I've downloaded 3.4.1.2 from the Media Companion site and it's working fine (tested it last night). What versions are you guys using?

This version wasn't available when we posted. I've since updated and everything is back to normal Big Grin

Thx programming Dudes for the update. Very much appreciated.