Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
KidKiwi Wrote:I was using 3.4.2.6 and suddenly there was NO Studio flag and the Genre field was being filled with the tagline. I updated my release to 3.4.2.8 and it's still the same. I guess perhaps the IMDB has changed something??

EDIT: The Director field is also blank.

I am seeing the same thing.
I've used Media Companion (3.4 I believe) on a PC for a year or so, mostly successfully. I recently got a new Mac and through Boot Camp, tried out 3.4.2.6. Movies work without a problem for me, but I'm having all sorts of problems with TV shows. Many of my shows look okay at first glance, but when I open them up to display the seasons and individual episodes, there are no episodes listed. For instance, Looney Tunes displays the correct art and show info for the show in general, and even displays the seasons correctly, but there are no plus signs to display the episodes from individual seasons. What's more, many other shows do not show their correct season information, but instead show the same exact list of seasons that Looney Tunes shows, again with no plus sign to open the list of episodes. Many other shows work perfectly fine. Also in TV shows - even though I have ignore articles selected in preferences, shows are sorted using "the," "a," etc. In Movies, it ignores "the," but not "a." If I open up MC back on my PC again, none of these problems are present. Both computers are accessing the same folders on an NAS, so they're just loading the same files.

In an unrelated issue, MC won't load any info for season 1 of The Muppet Show, saying "Could not locate this episode on TVDB, or TVDB may be unavailable". Episodes I have that are specials, or season 0, show up fine. If I go to thetvdb, the episodes are all there. This problem exists no matter which computer or version of MC I'm using.
Does anyone know the path to Export for apple TV 2 with xbmc? I assume it needs a login in password as well as ip address or you could you use

root:[email protected]/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails ??
rev105 Wrote:I am seeing the same thing.

i've been using 3.4.1.6 and just noticed this... I assume IMDB have changed something and MediaCompanion needs to be fixed to match. Fingers crossed it doesnt take too long. I need to rescrape a lot of NFOs to repair the mess Sad
Genre / Studio / Directors fields are not working Sad Also need to repair a few past movies as its been broken for a whlie. Sad Please a fix Smile Nod
There is an updated version on the site now as of 27/1/2012

V3.430b

This seems to have fixed these issues. I haven't spotted any other problems yet.

Mark
MrMaDavisUK Wrote:There is an updated version on the site now as of 27/1/2012

V3.430b

This seems to have fixed these issues. I haven't spotted any other problems yet.

Mark

Which issues? the IMDB scraping issues?
I'm having trouble scraping TV shows with 3.430. As has been typical with Media Companion for the past several months I'm getting the "thetvdb.com may not be available" message for some new episodes I've added. Also, when I select "Check roots for new shows" I see a dialog that says "Change saved" and that is all that happens.
Is anyone else having trouble seeing the settings page? Some movies are not getting trailers when I know they exist but one of the settings isn't visible for me. When I am not using the XBMC scraper I have options involving trailers that I cannot see. It says "If selected resolution unavailable then" but the next line is cut off. Is there something there I have to check?

Basically I am asking if I can see the rest of the options, or if anyone can help me get MC to find more trailers. Thanks!
casinatorcxc Wrote:Is anyone else having trouble seeing the settings page? Some movies are not getting trailers when I know they exist but one of the settings isn't visible for me. When I am not using the XBMC scraper I have options involving trailers that I cannot see. It says "If selected resolution unavailable then" but the next line is cut off. Is there something there I have to check?

Basically I am asking if I can see the rest of the options, or if anyone can help me get MC to find more trailers. Thanks!

The full text reads as "If selected resolution is unavailable then next resolution down is used." which doesn't really help you at all, sorry.
I can't help with what could be wrong with the trailers as I have never used that option. If you let me know what movies you are having trouble with, I could take a look at it for you?
HueyHq Wrote:The full text reads as "If selected resolution is unavailable then next resolution down is used." which doesn't really help you at all, sorry.
I can't help with what could be wrong with the trailers as I have never used that option. If you let me know what movies you are having trouble with, I could take a look at it for you?

Thanks for your help! One movie off the top of my head is Airplane. Whenever I scrape the movie in XBMC the trailer is found. When I use Media Companion outside of XBMC it is not. In the MC settings I have tried using XBMC scrapers (both) and I have also tried it without the XBMC scrapers. Any ideas?

Thanks!

(I can find more movies if you want, I just remember that one because it was right at the top)
Is anyone else having an issue getting the TV Episodes to scrape and keep the "min" title out of the runtime. I have the settings set to numerical only (which seems to work with movies) but with the TV shows "min" is still present.

Any easy fixes or ideas?
Thanks!
casinatorcxc Wrote:Is anyone else having an issue getting the TV Episodes to scrape and keep the "min" title out of the runtime. I have the settings set to numerical only (which seems to work with movies) but with the TV shows "min" is still present.
My guess is that the "min" is saved in the nfo file? I don't have it in my runtime field, and I don't have the option set at all! I think the runtime field isn't working at all as it only applies to the show and not to the individual episodes, as you would expect.
HueyHq Wrote:My guess is that the "min" is saved in the nfo file? I don't have it in my runtime field, and I don't have the option set at all! I think the runtime field isn't working at all as it only applies to the show and not to the individual episodes, as you would expect.

It is in the nfo file for each episode and yes the "min" is saved in there. For the movies it saves just the number (which is what I want). My solution for now has been to rescrape everything in ember with the settings to only overwrite the duration/runtime. That seems to work but I would like to do it all in MC if possible.
Sounds fair enough. I'm sure there is something we can do.